Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text Glitch

Default Text Glitch

Searched for this in forums but could'nt find it...

Anyone else having problems with unreadable text? It looks all pixelated. No problems on first turn, but after 2 or three turns almost all the titles on campaign map starting having this text glitch.

Solutions?

Default Re: Text Glitch

Try updating drivers.

What are your specs?

El Sid's Avatar Libertus

I did notice that the text was a somewhat blurry, but I've only played bits here and there so far. I have my graphics settings up very high ...6*AA especially. Maybe it's not handling AA very well. Battlefield 1942 always blurred the text when AA was enabled, for example.
    "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!" Field Marshal Henry Paget at Waterloo.
    "By God, sir, so you have!" Duke of Wellington.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewpur View Post
    Try updating drivers.

What are your specs?
    Running vista with ATI Radeon HD 3800

Text isnt blurry so much as it is just completely unreadable

No one else has this problem?

Moved to the Technical Forum.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Same problem here. Doesn't happen all the time though, just now and then some completely unreadable words or sentences appear (most of the time it's in the pop-up windows)

Starting to happn a lot more often now, even during the battles extremely annoying.

Ryttare's Avatar Foederatus

Got the same prob... ex. image

updated to the most recent driver (2/20/09) for my ati Radeon 3870 HD and it got rid of the texting problem...

Only now after 15 minutes of play I either get a windows error--"unexpected error--shutting down Empire" or blue screen of death with a pool caller error.

I have a problem with not being able to see any text what so ever. From the main menu to the campaign screen. I cannot read anything. Apart from that the game is playing fine. But when I cant see manpower numbers, money, or messages its a bit annoying!!

Installed the newest drivers (for ATI Radeon Mobility 3650 HD), but no luck
    Doesn't seem to be a problem with the anti-aliasing either, tried different settings, none works correctly.

Sailor's Avatar Tiro

same problem here. sometimes it looks normal, sometimes it's all pixelated just like that screenshot. I am using a 3870...I will try searching for a newer driver, but I think i have the latest one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :usflag:

Protector Domesticus

I hope you're installing the drivers right.

Ryttare's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    same problem here. sometimes it looks normal, sometimes it's all pixelated just like that screenshot. I am using a 3870...I will try searching for a newer driver, but I think i have the latest one.
    Got 3870 aswell, updated it and seems to have done the trick

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by rjh1986 View Post
    I have a problem with not being able to see any text what so ever. From the main menu to the campaign screen. I cannot read anything. Apart from that the game is playing fine. But when I cant see manpower numbers, money, or messages its a bit annoying!!
    I got the same problem. See no text. Game runs fine, but without text...and that su..s...

Icon4 Re: Text Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by rjh1986 View Post
    i have the exact same problem. i just installed empire totalwar and apart from being a bit slow its fine.then realised there were no words whatso ever! atm i can only play because i have a faint adea of where the total war makers put everything

I just recently purchased ETW (yea, I'm a bit behind late...). I also had this problem and I just couldn't play without legible text! My video card is an ATI Radeon X1800. My husband recently updated Catalyst to 9.3. I rolled back to 8.12 and this fixed the issue.

I anyone find any solution for this i also have ATi radeon, 4530 mobile and i have this issue even when i update the drivers of this card, i even update windows vista, and even with the latest pacth 1.4 of empire i still have this issue, and im not using AA the setings are on mediun ,and textures are on high, but that isnt the problem i think. i belive it has something to do with ATi radeon, becouse on Nvidia ETW works fine. anyone has some solution for this? its realy anoyng, not to mention the CTds i have constantly, even with the pacthes. i hate this game. lol

i got blurry text too
    can't play for more then 15 minutes without bleeding from the eyes. hope someone sues you. me, i'm back to piracy for your games after having my empire 25€ thrown out of the window. thanks, enjoy my money, they're the last you'll ever see, thieves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast