Thread: The second disc?

Icon1 The second disc?

The Empire TW contains 2 CDs, disc 1 and disc 2. So far i have installed the game (disc1) and i am updating it as of the moment. So my question is, does anybody know what disc nr 2 is for? For something after the update?

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The second disc?

I heard it had some "making of" vids
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Moved to Technical Help forum.

- Elzabar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorXVIII View Post
    The Empire TW contains 2 CDs, disc 1 and disc 2. So far i have installed the game (disc1) and i am updating it as of the moment. So my question is, does anybody know what disc nr 2 is for? For something after the update?
    Weird, I had to put in both CDs during the install, it did CD 1 and then popped up and told me to insert CD2

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorXVIII View Post
    Huh? I was asked to insert disc 2 for the installation
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

I thought it was odd to, 2 discs and only one required. On a further note, i bought the Empire TW special forces edition, but even so the second disc does not contain the special units.

Maybe my computer is special.

Considering the game is 15 Gig in size, and most DVDs (usually) only have a capacity of 8 GB (unless they're doublesided), so it'd stand to reason you'd need both for installing.
    My named ships in Empire Total War: (that i can remember)

Fifth Rate, HMS Poseidon.

Fifth Rate, HMS Dauntless.

Fifth Rate, HMS Enterprise NCC-1701

Fifth Rate, HMS Simi.

------
    "Ya best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're IN one!"

My re-install actually asked for the second disk when it got to about 12gigs from the first disk.

On my first install attempt it didn't ask for the the 2nd disk, which had me a bit worried.

It has game files on it...it is used in the installation. With a game that is 15GB..even compressed I don't think you could fit that on 1 DVD.
    DVD5s are about 4.5GB and DVD9s are about 8.5...

Semisalis

If a lot of stuff is generated procedurally, then you could easily fit "15GB" worth of stuff on a disk. I have heard that the second one is for different languages.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Mine told me to "Insert Disk 2"

When I did, and pushed OK, it told me again to "Insert Disk 2." I tried putting the disk in both drives, putting disk 1 back in, cleaning the (brand new) disk, everything. Finally, with heavy heart, I pushed "cancel" and it told me it would cancel the installation.

I figured I would at least have to reinstall, and if it didn't work I would have to download and install (my terrible internet connection is why I wanted the disk version anyway). Luckily when I put disk 1 in I got a "Play Game" option, so I guess I didn't need disk 2 anyway.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince