Thread: new (?) CTD

Casey.Phobic's Avatar Laetus

Default new (?) CTD

Ave!

I've been playing RTR all week and haven't had any problems so far.

This CTD happened during battle. The Greeks have decided to break our alliance and strike out at me. I've massed few huge armies and have just begun to assault Greek cities on the Italian peninsula. I took an army of about 1000 men against a Greek city of about 200 men. Overkill, I know, but I plan to use this army to push further into Greek territory.

I bashed the gates open with a ram, and sent in a unit of Italian spearmen to cover the interior of the gate as I move two units of Hasati in. Right as I gave the order for the spearmen to move into the gate, the screen went black and after a few seconds, the in-game music started "skipping" as if there were a scratch on the CD (which there isn't.) A few seconds later, I crash to the desktop.

I came here looking to see if anyone has had a similar problem, but it looks as if the CTDs that people are experiencing are happening at the campaign map. How could I provide the necessary information for you guys to diagnose or at least look at what happened?

Thanks,

Phobic.

Default Re: new (?) CTD

It`s anyone`s guess(and mine might be poor anyway). I don`t remember any similar ctd being reported. And given the big number of people playing rtrpe there is a good chance it wasn`t the mod or the game, but some sort of issue with your PC. Like overheating or a problem for the video card to digest the number of units you had. Something of this sort. You`ve mentioned your unit was about to take the gate. Could the black screen have occurred exactly when it passed through the gate? Maybe somehow it was related to the gates taken announcement.
    But, either way, have you tried to play the battle again? Maybe the second time will go fine.
    Last edited by florin80; March 04, 2009 at 12:54 PM.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

I've only seen this once before. I was playing an old version of the MNM (I think) and it CTD'd when my troops crossed over the boundary of the un-walled settlement. No idea why that happened.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

I'll be trying it again a little later tonight. I'll let you know how to goes!

PS

Thanks for the responses.

I played for about 3 hours tonight. No crashes to speak of, and those filthy Greeks have been driven back!

stoppnig by to say, no CTDs since this last one. must've been a lark.