Thread: Arthurian Faction Question

Default Arthurian Faction Question

Are the Dyfeint the only Romanized faction in the mod?

Default Re: Arthurian Faction Question

I think Ebrauq is one of the most 'Romanized' factions

Here is the price of freedom: Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood,...paid in advance.

I think you're right. Thanks!

There are a few...most of the Briton ones are Roman in outlook ( Dyfneit, Gwent, Powys, Ebruac, Rheged for example.

Gwyneddd and Dyfed edge to celtic , as does Ynis Manaw.

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

Who now - hau to manage with seaxna Aella`s army, that origin in start of campain? This host seems immortal - it crushed mounted Artur`s army and foot Engla army (with 4 gesits troops). Nothing can kill them - frisian troops in pants defeated mounted and foot nobles in mail. Any ideas?

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dionisy View Post
    Who now - hau to manage with seaxna Aella`s army, that origin in start of campain? This host seems immortal - it crushed mounted Artur`s army and foot Engla army (with 4 gesits troops). Nothing can kill them - frisian troops in pants defeated mounted and foot nobles in mail. Any ideas?
    Hire German Mercenaries... There are Franks available in Southern Britain, Normandy, and Ireland... Do what people did in history, hire Germans to fight Germans...

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

This help little - I played for Engla and Seaxna army crushed to pieces my army with 4 troops of heavy cavalry and 4 troops of gesits.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by Dionisy View Post
    Lol, they are not immortal. Ski9rmishing is very important in ATW and especially Frisians are good at it. The heavy British troops are definately able to hold at bay and defeat Germanic heavy infantry. Use them in the frontal center of your armies, kill their skirmishers with heavy cavalry (put all your heavy cav units together) and archers and use shield walls in staggered formations and dont forget to flank the enemy army. There are certain british factions like Elmet and Ebrauc that are very disadvantaged at the start, thats a bit of a problem.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

I have opened a thread on this topic.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...97#post4852097
    Last edited by swabian; April 01, 2009 at 10:15 PM.