Thread: RM2 crash?!

Dragnguard777's Avatar Foederatus

Icon9 RM2 crash?!

At the date 1257 it suddenly crashes(i was playing the holy roman empire). I play it again, Load the campaign and when i end my turn. It crashes. Can any help?

Note: I looked though about 9 lists of post but non of them seemed like my problem.
    if you know a post that you know please tell.

Sunday, March 29, 2009: bad news
    Alright i went ahead and played England. Now I started to play and when i end my turn on the year 1257 going on 1258 it crashes. Its also the exact same date on the holy roman empire when it crashes.
    Please, anyone?

I'm hoping Rm3 doesn't have the same problems when i get it if i don't get the problem solved by then.
    Last edited by Dragnguard777; March 29, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

rsslcs's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RM2 crash?!

haha this seems to be a trend recently. Empire TW is doing the same as well You caaant avoooid the campaign CTD! It is mutating! It will slowly infect everything, and then destroy your pc.

erm, About the crash, Empire is crashing because of corrupted autosavegames that bug the turns. so maybe try to load a previous savegame, or load a manual save. If it doesnt work, then ask someone else.

have you installed everything in the correct place?

yeah I downloaded all 5 files, and clicked the installer and went through everything and it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by rsslcs View Post
    haha this seems to be a trend recently. Empire TW is doing the same as well You caaant avoooid the campaign CTD! It is mutating! It will slowly infect everything, and then destroy your pc.

erm, About the crash, Empire is crashing because of corrupted autosavegames that bug the turns. so maybe try to load a previous savegame, or load a manual save. If it doesnt work, then ask someone else.
    I'm not talking about Empire total war lol thanks though

rsslcs's Avatar Senator

that was in reference to your problem with RM3, but more of a stupid joke. Because I like them.

The only thing that I can say is redownload RM2 in case of a corrupted download, and post some system specs to see if any devs can see a compat problem, and I think that you can write a command in the shortcut properties to make the game make a log of the crash (I THINK, let someone else make sure of that though, because unsure information coming from me might just break stuff even more), and if thats possible, then post that too if lord of the knights or anyone else sees fit, because I'm not doing those bits of the mod, only photoshop thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by rsslcs View Post
    that was in reference to your problem with RM3, but more of a stupid joke. Because I like them.

The only thing that I can say is redownload RM2 in case of a corrupted download, and post some system specs to see if any devs can see a compat problem, and I think that you can write a command in the shortcut properties to make the game make a log of the crash (I THINK, let someone else make sure of that though, because unsure information coming from me might just break stuff even more), and if thats possible, then post that too if lord of the knights or anyone else sees fit, because I'm not doing those bits of the mod, only photoshop thingies.
    I'll try, thanks m8