Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ETW Jidai

Default ETW Jidai

Lol anyone interested eventually if ETW will be moddable for a shogun tw mod for ETW?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Default Re: ETW Jidai

sound great but don't think i can live long enough ...
    _____________________________________________________________________________

John-117's Avatar Ordinarius

maybe...i think they may have an expansion going into japan and china though, so....itd be pointless til they announce expansion(s)
    Save a stripper, read a Playboy!
    Upon the invention of the internet, the Earth's rotation has been propelled solely by English teachers rolling in their graves.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Wow the original creator still lives.

Hey Prom, never met you on the forums I'm afraid, nice to meet you

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Muskets and samurai........this means only one thing! "The Last Samurai" scenario!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

the 1700 tokugawa Japan is the Edo Period , pretty uninteresting , I think the most interesting is the 1500 - 1600 till sekigahara battle .... the classic Sengoku Jidai period ....

I think that a Japan era is more feasible than any other total conversion , for severall reasons :

1 uniquity of units , just change colors.
    2 premade stuff from RNJ could be usefull
    3 no need for land battles
    4 there are already in the came some (pike)animations to replace the muschet ones etc... but of course some other made anims could converge here too .... its just about how moddable will be ETW....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Lol anyone interested eventually if ETW will be moddable for a shogun tw mod for ETW?
    Prom you're back!!!

I thought you were dead? Kidnapped by FARC Rebels or something?

There was a Shogun II start-up in the Mods section of ETW (before it got blown away by the Demo threads). Looking at what i contributed to that thread, it pales in comparison to your work (especially since it now makes the maps i haven't posted yet obsolete) (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189625)

That said, everyone over in the ETW section seems to just want a global East Asia conflict (boring). I agree with you that a Shogun mod should really focus on 1500s Sengoku Jidai period Japan.

If you're looking for some help, I'd gladly sign up for some ground work, (I already have a collection of Family Crests for each prominent daimyo and some artistic profile pics of major and minor players in the time period) PM me or whatnot, I'd really like to see a mod focus on this time period.

I concur with you on the lack of uniqueness between factions facilitating the mod process, hopefully it will allow for the playability of all daimyo (unifying Japan under Kono Michinobu seems intriguing)
    Last edited by random_samurai; March 04, 2009 at 03:05 PM.

hmmm 1700 Japan historically was a "boring" time period, but on the other hand if they do a general east asia scenario then it could be very interesting, seeing the now peaceful Japan challenged by imperial powers or resurgent neighbors

regardless, the samurai mod I'm looking forward to is right here. the attention to detail and historical accuracy is far higher here, I sincerely doubt the ETW team would have the same flair for Japanese history

wouldn't be better if they first finish this neverending mod?
    and after that maybe we can wait 3 or 4 more years for the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Preussen Gloria View Post
    wouldn't be better if they first finish this neverending mod?
    and after that maybe we can wait 3 or 4 more years for the next one
    your negativity doesn't help anything or contribute to the community

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

He makes a valid point Templar. poeple have been waiting this long a project that's release is still TBA, and here comes prom saying, "what do you think, edo era ETW?"

no.. rome plz... you have time still... will take at least 2-3 more patches before ETW is truly worth playing... but really, no one really expects this mod to be released.. just hanging around dreaming about what would have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    He makes a valid point Templar. poeple have been waiting this long a project that's release is still TBA, and here comes prom saying, "what do you think, edo era ETW?"

no.. rome plz... you have time still... will take at least 2-3 more patches before ETW is truly worth playing... but really, no one really expects this mod to be released.. just hanging around dreaming about what would have been awesome.
    so are you calling the RNJ team liars? because Wundai said they are compiling the first beta right now, at least thats the last thing i heard.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Templar mate... Please let it go, don't waste your energy

Let those who want to believe in a Beta coming believe in it, and those who do not, well.. not

answering at templar night,you tell me about my negativity??
    first of all i am talking about RAN NO JIDAI,now this mod started to delevop 4 years ago!!!
    now they are still working on that "mod" this is a neverending story and you tell me to dont be negative?
    be realist

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai View Post
    Templar mate... Please let it go, don't waste your energy

Let those who want to believe in a Beta coming believe in it, and those who do not, well.. not
    your right i am sorry i get frustrated sometimes

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Preussen Gloria View Post
    answering at templar night,you tell me about my negativity??
    first of all i am talking about RAN NO JIDAI,now this mod started to delevop 4 years ago!!!
    now they are still working on that "mod" this is a neverending story and you tell me to dont be negative?
    be realist
    With that kind of mentality, all the members would have stopped way before getting into the 4years of development, the mod would never have been more than just a project and all the work we have done would not exist. Making a mod isn't about being realistic, it's about hanging on to a dream and doing it despite its amateur aspect, its unnecessary aspect, its free aspect and its time-consuming-for-nothing aspect.

no worries templar you aren't the only one frustrated by the clueless "neigh"sayers. to be honest after a while you just laugh when people who don't know what they're talking about say crap. It will be that much funnier when we're sitting down playing the mod and they still don't even know its released. Lmao, I can just imagine how many people would miss the mod completely if you were to put the download link in one of the on-going stickied threads.... its like if you don't have a flashing sign pointing to stuff people would never find it

A mod not released after 4 years is a dead mod, also you speak about an ETW version... I suggest to convert all your work to M2 Kingdoms at least... I think a new installation of STW will be very soon on my pc...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppeli View Post
    A mod not released after 4 years is a dead mod, also you speak about an ETW version... I suggest to convert all your work to M2 Kingdoms at least... I think a new installation of STW will be very soon on my pc...
    Zeppeli I am gonig to say it ONE LAST TIME.

What makes you think anyone cares what your opinion on the status of the mod is? Hasn't anyone ever taught you that if you have nothing useful to say, don't say anything? If you want to ask something about the mod or their progress, that is fine. If you want to contribute something to the mod, that is fine. No one asked for an amateur coroner to pass sentence on it. Stop wasting the modders time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast