Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ETW AAR] Bangalore Galore

ashbery76's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: New AAR.

Great, love these. Need to read it first before rep can be given though...

EDIT: +rep
    Last edited by Godless Pickle; March 01, 2009 at 09:18 PM.

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

These are awesome. Thanks.
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR

Dufus AI, but good find

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Nice little preview there, good to see an Indian vs. Indian battle. Can't wait to conquer those guys as Europeans though

Nice find!

Why dufus AI? It didn't appear that they did anything that stupid. Just masses of (probably low quality) infantry against a balanced army with plenty of gunpowder. I'll bet you most of the Mysore dead were post-rout.

Wow nice too see a AAR from India.

Seems like he handed the badguys there butts though.

Seems after awhile that the AI did try though.

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Nice little preview there, good to see an Indian vs. Indian battle. Can't wait to conquer those guys as Europeans though

Nice find!

Why dufus AI? It didn't appear that they did anything that stupid. Just masses of (probably low quality) infantry against a balanced army with plenty of gunpowder. I'll bet you most of the Mysore dead were post-rout.
    I mean, look at the results for that battle, either he was really good and had good units, or the AI is really dumb and/or had crappy units.
    Last edited by stupiddk; March 01, 2009 at 09:34 PM.

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

Well he did have lancers, three units of them. And he still lost over 400 soldiers, almost a third of his force.

That pic of the swordsmen charging was great.

Nice read. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stupiddk View Post
    I mean, look at the results for that battle, either he was really good and had good units, or the AI is really dumb and/or had crappy units.
    I know what your getting at. But lets face it... No AI is going to be perfect, and we all will figure out how to beat it all the time in the end anyway.

Heck With the modded Demo, I can beat the british Everytime as the US.

And in the Demo Ships, I can beat the French by keeping them in a line, and keeping some distance, with the auto fire option doing the work.

But the AI does react. I always set up two units of long rifles on the US Left Side of the ford. The AI never sends anything to challenge it. Until I pull the units out, then the AI tried to sneak some units in the flanks.

Seems the AI looks for Oportunities. If it does not see them, then it just sends them up the middle in a standard attack.

Civis

Sweet!!!!!!!!

And he said unto the "Thy shall receive thy holy rep"
    Got nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by stupiddk View Post

A ton of reviews have been saying the AI is quite snappy this go-around. In one pic you can see that at least one of the Mysore units has pikes, in which case they're gonna get mowed down without inflicting many casualties (a musket-armed unit will at least take some enemy down with them before they get annihilated).

So my guess is crappy units vs. good tactics (He used cavalry well, had a good defensive position, plenty of muskets etc. )

I'm inclined to say he was quite good. He really utilized the terrain to create some great killing zones, utilized his cavalry to great effect to disrupt the enemy formation (I don't think this is bad AI, because consider how much damage the lancers could have inflicted if the formation hadn't reacted? Best of a bad situation), and utilized his special unit to save his artillery and much of his force at a turning point in the battle.

Plus, his army did look like it was superior, excepting that one militia unit (note how it was the only one of his that routed). I mean, c'mon, the enemy had ARCHERS? That just screams technological inferiority.

On a side note, Check out the garrisonable building! That's a LOT more firepower than we've seen from garrisonable buildings in the demo, and probably with equal protection!

I never expect the AI too be perfect, just wish people like me could withhold ourselves from taking advantage.

The Mysore army had a unit of foot archers and four units of pikemen. That's five units without muskets, plus their morale probably isn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote07 View Post
    , and utilized his special unit to save his artillery and much of his force at a turning point in the battle.

Plus, his army did look like it was superior, excepting that one militia unit (note how it was the only one of his that routed). I mean, c'mon, the enemy had ARCHERS? That just screams technological inferiority.

On a side note, Check out the garrisonable building! That's a LOT more firepower than we've seen from garrisonable buildings in the demo, and probably with equal protection!

My thoughts exacly.. He had those sword units hidden. The AI saw an Opertunity to take out his Cannons. Sent 2 units too do it. Until they found out that he had them actually protected, and got destroyed by swords. LOL.

That was a great move.. I think the guy knows what he is doing.

And he had reserves too boot.

MehemtAli_Pasha's Avatar Campidoctor

NICE...Marathas look great. + rep
    "Egyptians; to the young rebels, and to every one who was killed, bloodied or contributed in the simplest way, what you did has defied any description. you have the world on it's knees gazing at your bravery and determination. you have opened up a new chapter in Egyptian history, one that will be determined by people's love for this country" - an honorable revolutionary,

Civis

By reserves does he mean a few units sitting in the back of the line waiting to be sent were there needed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast