Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official TWC Bugs, Issues & Errata List for RTW

I also noticed that the Senate faction starts the game with two greek family members.

player1's Avatar Bug Hunter

I think adding two extra family memebers to senate faction in descr_start.txt file should fix that.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack
    Romano British provincial campaign

I have already modded the game by adding two new senate family members, however it is a bug none the less.

Thanks anyway.

The reason the senate needs these charaters it to initially fill the senate positions.

Exactly,
    And something is corrupted in original code, so those two new memebers that apear are greeks instead of romans.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

OK, added that plus a lot of updates.
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Ok, in 1.3 senate has the same number of characters as in 1.2, those two members should probably be chosen from other roman factions. This maybe connected to the new way Seante is coded and thus to the diplomacy between roman factions issue.

Actually, in 1.2 senate also had 3 faction memebers, and then game code gerated 2 new ones to fill senate seats.

But, now it seems that code generates 2 new ones from macedon faction, or whatever the faction is below senate in descr_sm_factions.txt file.

But some other faction on 5th place in file and senators will be from that faction.
    In fact, if you put slave as 5th, you'll get roman flavoured generals, but with rebellious names such as Spartacus, Moses etc...

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by player1
    Actually, in 1.2 senate also had 3 faction memebers, and then game code gerated 2 new ones to fill senate seats.

But, now it seems that code generates 2 new ones from macedon faction, or whatever the faction is below senate in descr_sm_factions.txt file.

But some other faction on 5th place in file and senators will be from that faction.
    In fact, if you put slave as 5th, you'll get roman flavoured generals, but with rebellious names such as Spartacus, Moses etc...
    Have you tried making Senate the last faction?

In that case macedon faction controlls 4 seats, 1 some other roman faction (I guess since macedon has up to 4 characters) and one senate with egyptian character.

In this case 4th faction was macedon, 5th egypt and senate last in the list.
    You can see some hardcoded pattern here.

Edit:

Resolved.
    Last edited by PRAEFECTVS IAERISTAE; October 18, 2005 at 03:50 PM.

ASINVS ASINORVM IN SAECVLA SAECVLORVM

In 1.3 ive noticed that men in a phalanx who are hit and forced backwards now get stuck in that pushback motion and sort of spasm outwards in all directions, sometimes ending up hundreds of meters from the original unit, still being animated as if somethings hit them.

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?i...phalanx0wo.jpg

Note the hoplites fanned out from the back of the main unit

maximusminimus's Avatar Biarchus

I think i found a new one.
    I'm currently playing a Julli campaign with standalone patch 1.3 (not BI), and after fighting and winning a battle against some Roman rebels on Italy (near the Julli capital), my general gained a Greek turncoat retinue!
    The rebel's army composition was something like:
    - Rebel general with equites
    - 2 town watch
    - 1 vellites
    - 1 peasents
    Anyways my general should have gained a rebel turncoat retinue, i guess, not a greek one.
    Or maybe those rebels were working for those Greek senate members...
    Last edited by maximusminimus; November 10, 2005 at 09:46 PM.

Download V. 1.0 here
    Discussion and updates here

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by maximusminimus
    I think i found a new one.
    I'm currently playing a Julli campaign with standalone patch 1.3 (not BI), and after fighting and winning a battle against some Roman rebels on Italy (near the Julli capital), my general gained a Greek turncoat retinue!
    The rebel's army composition was something like:
    - Rebel general with equites
    - 2 town watch
    - 1 vellites
    - 1 peasents
    Anyways my general should have gained a rebel turncoat retinue, i guess, not a greek one.
    Or maybe those rebels were working for those Greek senate members...
    Thanx, this might be fixable btw.

You're welcome. :wink:
    Probably a trigger must be fixed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Marly
    In 1.3 ive noticed that men in a phalanx who are hit and forced backwards now get stuck in that pushback motion and sort of spasm outwards in all directions, sometimes ending up hundreds of meters from the original unit, still being animated as if somethings hit them.

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?i...phalanx0wo.jpg

Note the hoplites fanned out from the back of the main unit
    I've been making 1 x 1 tests for balancing purposes and i've seen this happening with other non phalanx units, although they didn't go so far as in that picture.
    I belive it's one more thing CA messed up in 1.3.

Another thing i noticed running a 1 x 1 Poeni infantry versus Principes, the Romans kept running back and charging over and over again (which proved to be very uneffective against the Poeni phalanx), until they finally routed. Odd AI tactics...
    Last edited by maximusminimus; November 11, 2005 at 11:12 PM.

Download V. 1.0 here

Please help!!! i have rtr 6.2 and i can not add new units!!! What is going on???The truth is that i have added many new units and changed many skins(with 6.2 mod). But now I found some new units, I tryed to add them in the game but the game crushes!!!When i erase an old one (unit) and add the new one, the game plays normally with the new unit!!! Is there some kind of limit??? How can i change that?

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by God Zeys
    Please help!!! i have rtr 6.2 and i can not add new units!!! What is going on???The truth is that i have added many new units and changed many skins(with 6.2 mod). But now I found some new units, I tryed to add them in the game but the game crushes!!!When i erase an old one (unit) and add the new one, the game plays normally with the new unit!!! Is there some kind of limit??? How can i change that?
    Yes, there is a limit. The only thing you can do is try to combine some units into one entry (e.g. chosen swordmen).

I suspect the phalanx "guard mode" in 1.3 works inversed now. Looks like if you select it, the phalanx units (after engagement) will keep following the running oponents, and if you deselect it they will hold their ground.
    I've seen this happening on 1x1 Poeni infantry versus Principes, but i don't have time for more extensive tests, can anyone confirm this?

Download V. 1.0 here

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by maximusminimus
    I suspect the phalanx "guard mode" in 1.3 works inversed now. Looks like if you select it, the phalanx units (after engagement) will keep following the running oponents, and if you deselect it they will hold their ground.
    I've seen this happening on 1x1 Poeni infantry versus Principes, but i don't have time for more extensive tests, can anyone confirm this?
    I'll do some tests.

Is there a newest version of Blood mod 1.4??? Can someone make a realistic mod with blood without any bugs? Please Help!!! Also can you tell me how can i change the animations??? and the speed of combat animations???