Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official TWC Bugs, Issues & Errata List for RTW

maximusminimus's Avatar Biarchus

Then i propose a ceasse fire and here is their awnser. :blink
    Campaign dificulty - hard.

I think the AI diplomacy has major problems of all sorts.

Download V. 1.0 here
    Discussion and updates here

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Originally posted by maximusminimus@May 17 2005, 01:57 AM
    Regarding AI Diplomacy:
    Numidia atacked me (Carthage), and the next turn (after they loose the battle) they send me this message. :lol
    What do you make of this? *tongue*
    Classic RTW diplomacy, seen that too. I got this message once from a faction I was at peace with.
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Update:
    ? Player cannot attack an enemy fleet inside the port with his fleet (only block the port), but should he select an invidual ship inside his fleet (clicking on her icon) than the attack is possible
    I've tried to reproduce the "fog of war after constructing goverment building" issue in Julii campaign, but it simply does not happen... So if you've seen it tell me:
    1.What faction were you playing
    2. Which city it was
    3. Which level of goverment building have You constructed.

Thanx and waiting for further input.

Quote Originally Posted by tai4ji2x
    whenever you upgrade a governor's residence, on the turn of completion, the FOW surrounding the city will go black, as if you have no units, watchtowers, spies whatver. all units within this new blackened area cannot be selected on the campaign map unless you toggle FOW off via the RomeShell console, although you can click on the city and select the unit cards individually. moving a unit into the blackened area will momentarily restore vision, but will revert back to the bugged state once the unit moves out of the field-of-view. moving a new unit into the city itself will not restore vision either, as it become a part of the stack within the city, which is somehow now marked as "visionless". things will stay this way in all consecutive turns unless the game is reloaded. i think there is a chance it will be restored once you upgrade the residence again, though i haven't bothered to test this.
    I can confirm this bug appearing in my first RTW vanila campaign game. after a reload, the problem was solved

I like to add some graphical glitches with trade routes.

- Trade wagons apprear to accelerate and deaccelerate at certain roads
    - Trade ships behave like hovercrasft in which they turn around their own axel.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

@Sebastiaan - thanx for the input, the FOW seems not to appear every time, thus it does not go into the main list. The graphical glitches that you mention do not affect gameplay in any way, so I'll leave them out (already some people have problems with reading the list on account of it's length )

player1's Avatar Bug Hunter

Well, if you need to "reaload" to make it ok, then it does affect gameplay.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack
    Romano British provincial campaign

My cretan archer sprites are appear to be half size?

OK, that means that I'm not the only one that noticed this.

P.S.
    Since I made fixed sprites for use with bug-fixer...

Don't know did I reported this before (or was it in ORG), but marriage event trigger (for gaining VnVs) doesn't work.

Severe Bugs/Problems/Exploits

- AI don't build fleets after 1.2 so human can take sea with a stack of birremes!
    - AI do few Siege Engines and never build Sappers! The most efficient way to enter in a city.
    - When Human sail from a city, AI instead still quiet waiting and defending approach from walls and stay fighting (and dying) at range of Towers and Walls!
    - VH Battles AI Bonus (more moral and charge effects) go to Human also, so VH is not really Very Hard...
    - AI abandon sieges at middle often.

Smaller Bugs/Problems :book:

- AI don't retrain units.
    - AI don't repair walls.
    - Accept to be under protectorade of AI don't damage at all Human Player.... instead accept it avoid war and can be a source of money with diplomat answering to AI that accept become protectorade in change a lot of money.
    - Other Roman Factions still visible after Civil War
    - AI don't attack Forts in our territory. Just attack when we build it on they're
    - When defending in a battle, AI often advance in terrain instead having the bonus of wait for the enemy.
    - Aldmiral's can't join in the same stack like Generals do in land.
    - In Huge Army option, soldiers have problems finding paths inside citys and Barbarian Towns don't develop well because lack of population (they do a lot of warbands and deplete all population and never develop to citys)

Severe Protectorade Exploit

Well it seems become an AI protectorade is another diplomatic exploit......

Instead of causing problems to human player.... it beneficts him.... Because AI only propose that when has huge military advantage and is in war with human...... so the alternative is:

- Human refuses and must fight a bloody war against a powefull opponent, or;
    - Human accept become under protection of AI, and can ask money for it (AI pays a lot), saving from war, and only have to give to the protector civ the remaining money non spent after each turn...... You just have to spent all your income to don't have nothing to pay....

Become a AI protectorade shoulded be a bad situation to human, not a good thing.... so this is a diplomatic exploit.... My sugestion to CA is that when Human become protectorade, must have half income immediatly to AI without can spent it (like it is now) and AI no offeer money (or offeer to few) to Human accept become protectorade......

New bug:

CharacterComesOfAge and CharacterMarries events don't work in regard to ancillary generation.

There is a reason why evil mother-in-law or overprotective nanny don't happen as retinue members.

the boiling oil dosnt work wen the gate is opend by a spy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but wen i open the gate with a spy i burn to death. dose any1 else have this problem

Other siege exploit.....

- AI only attack a city with one army, even if have several armys around, so it's easier do defend against one army at the time, and like AI lift siege often (old referenced bug) it gives time to defender and delay AI progress in campaign map.

thats not totaly true the battle that i descoverd the oil glich i was attacked by 2 full stack carthaginian armies

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PorT_Lobo
    Severe Bugs/Problems/Exploits

- AI don't build fleets after 1.2 so human can take sea with a stack of birremes!
    - AI do few Siege Engines and never build Sappers! The most efficient way to enter in a city.
    - When Human sail from a city, AI instead still quiet waiting and defending approach from walls and stay fighting (and dying) at range of Towers and Walls!
    - VH Battles AI Bonus (more moral and charge effects) go to Human also, so VH is not really Very Hard...
    - AI abandon sieges at middle often.

Smaller Bugs/Problems :book:

- AI don't retrain units.
    - AI don't repair walls.
    - Accept to be under protectorade of AI don't damage at all Human Player.... instead accept it avoid war and can be a source of money with diplomat answering to AI that accept become protectorade in change a lot of money.
    - Other Roman Factions still visible after Civil War
    - AI don't attack Forts in our territory. Just attack when we build it on they're
    - When defending in a battle, AI often advance in terrain instead having the bonus of wait for the enemy.
    - Aldmiral's can't join in the same stack like Generals do in land.
    - In Huge Army option, soldiers have problems finding paths inside citys and Barbarian Towns don't develop well because lack of population (they do a lot of warbands and deplete all population and never develop to citys)
    Nice list, some of your points are already on the list and -AI does build fleets after 1.2, it may be stopped from doing so if you reload often (again the load game bug)

Could you explain the problem with the oil? If I understand you, you're saying that although the gate is opened by a spy, they still pour the oil on you? If so it is not necessarily a bug, a spy opens the gate not kills all its crew.

BTW Sorry for long silence, I was away and the email notification system failed again, will do an update shortly after confirmation.
    Last edited by Belisarius; July 28, 2005 at 07:39 AM.

I found big flaw in AI formation logic.
    It is regarding generals or captains that are missile cavalry unit.

At the begining of combat, if AI is not very defensive (like in custom battles), it will pull out all missle cavalry units out of formation to skirmish. This also happens to general or captain unit too.

First, this makes suicidal general behaviour more common.

Second, this makes rest of the army, since it has no more general or captain, to switch to single line formation (basic or orderly), since that is only formation that does not require general block present.

Needless to say, this handicaps AI for Partians, Pontus, Egypt or Armenia, since they all have missle cavalry generals, but it can happen to other factions too, if they have missle cavalry captains.

Civitate
    North-Holland, 1 of the 12 provinces in The Netherlands

Borsook,

Hate to sound like a spoilsport, but if this is an official bug report, could you please add the "how to" for each bug, possibly dropping the minor ones to save work/space?
    Like, you say infantry behave like cavalry, in certain situations. What certain situations? How can you repeat those? How can the CA staff ever learn from a list like this?

Sincerely,

sunsmountain
    "in montem soli non loquitur" basically means that you should not argue against what is obvious.

(> <) (\_/) Haha, die little bunny, die!
    (_)(_)(x.X) No soup for you!

becoming is for people who do not will to be

Default population growth

It appears that the population growth is independent of slaves pouring in or having retainers (e.g. Priest of Ceres) in your bag.
    Although the bar in the screen lists the nicely upgraded growth, in fact you still get the base growth. (Increase by buildings does work though.)