Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official TWC Bugs, Issues & Errata List for RTW

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Originally posted by Carousel@May 6 2005, 04:18 AM
    No sorry, but you reminded me of a bug that happens. Say you're on a battlefield, and theres a ruined temple on the battle field. When you move the camera over the ruined temple the camera goes wierd and gives you a REALLY high point of view. Anyone else experience this?
    Have not seen that before, can you give me the name of a map on which you've experienced that?
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

Carousel's Avatar Need help? Ask me! Hit PM

One of the desert maps, very barren, ruined greek temple somewhere on it.... :blink
    Extremely grateful and indebted to my friend and patron: Spartan
    Patron of Ardeur

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

A small update expect a bigger one soon.
    ? With some graphic options taking a screenshot results a in blank tga file. The image appears correctly in clipboard and can be pasted, possibly tga writing function is broken. The same options resault also in blank file whilst generating sprites.

maximusminimus's Avatar Biarchus

Ships or fleets cannot atack other ships or fleets inside a port/dockyard after 1.2 patch. If you click to atack, the port gets blockade, with the ship/fleet inside.
    The next turn the ship/fleet inside the blockade port sails away as if nothing was going on.
    Am i the only one getting this?
    I asked this twice at .com sometime ago (my 2 only posts there) but never got a reply...

Download V. 1.0 here
    Discussion and updates here

Ducenarius

Originally posted by maximusminimus@May 10 2005, 05:40 PM
    Ships or fleets cannot atack other ships or fleets inside a port/dockyard after 1.2 patch. If you click to atack, the port gets blockade, with the ship/fleet inside.
    The next turn the ship/fleet inside the blockade port sails away as if nothing was going on.
    Am i the only one getting this?
    I asked this twice at .com sometime ago (my 2 only posts there) but never got a reply...
    there is a workaround - you have to select each ship's individual unit cards and THEN attack.

Originally posted by tai4ji2x@May 11 2005, 02:49 AM
    there is a workaround - you have to select each ship's individual unit cards and THEN attack.
    I didn't know that! :blink
    Thanks tai4ji2x.
    Is this a so called new feature? I didn't see it listed...

Download V. 1.0 here

I have to add some things that I, being a Greek, find so horribly malcreated that it's hard for me to believe that they didn't happen out of purpose.

1. The symbol of the Spartans, Λ, has been given to the Macedonians as a flag. That's the most crazy of all the 'mistakes' that have taken place in the game. The Spartans had Λ on their shields, which doesn't appear in the models of course, because... well, the Macedonians have it.

2. The Spartans look like Persians. Even their huge red cloak is wrong. It was just basically a huge red cloth that was wrapped around their body almost twice. But they weren't wearing that in battle ever! You cannot fight in that! It was for when they were having a guard duty that they wore it! Not to mention the golden Persian cap! The Spartans had proper Hellenic helmets, like the ones that are given to the hoplite models. Also, they didn't have a moustache (they were obliged by their laws to shave it&#33 and they had long hair, which was considered in the Spartan society a 'must', and a most manly thing.

3. The Macedonians and the Seleucids had armours similar to the rest of the Greeks, not the weird things they have them wear.

4. I have never in my whole life heard of the Seleucids having any sort of 'Legionnaires'.

5. The name of the faction is 'Macedonia' (Μακεδονία in Greek), not Macedon. Macedon (Μακεδόν) is the Macedonian person.

6. From where do Cretan archers get so crazy statistics? Out of nowhere, I answer. On the contrary, there were the 'Agriannes', the archer band of Macedonian and Thracian wildmen of Alexander the Great, who deserved to have them, but they don't even exist.

7. The Sarissa spear, the longer spear ever tactically used, was 4.8 meters long. In the game this is about the length that plain spearmen, even naked German barbarian spearmen, have for their spears.

8. The 'Sacred Band' was Theban!!! The Thebans, from the city of Theba in mainland Greece had them as their elite order, and they were the only army that has ever managed to beat the mighty Spartans in their own game and in roughly equal terms, which was phalanx melee! In the game they are given to the Carthagineans!!! Bloody unbelievable!!!

9. The temples system is totally screwed up, with Gods spreading around characteristics that often don't have anything to do with what the people worshipped in the face of the specific gods. Oh, and the father of gods who was known as 'Odin' in Scandinavia, was 'Woden' for the Saxons, not the Germans in general. The Germanic people knew him as 'Wotan' instead. So many bloody mistakes...

I only pointed out few things, most of them about the Greeks, since I am myself a Greek (Macedonian to be exact) and I naturally know more about my people's legacy than of the others. But I'm sure there is much more to it...

(Hellenic Hoplite)
    8. The 'Sacred Band' was Theban!!! The Thebans, from the city of Theba in mainland Greece had them as their elite order! In the game they are given to the Carthagineans!!! Bloody unbelievable!!!
    The correct name for the Carthaginian unit should be "Sacred Legion", not "Sacred Band".
    I don't know if CA did it that way just to save time, as those units in game share the same model and similar textures.
    And it looks like so many thing were rushed in this game...
    And there are lots of inaccuracies on other factions too, like the Iberians being called Spain for exemple...

Download V. 1.0 here

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

I don't so much mind about historical accuracy. CA could include "Martian Plasma Gun Soldiers" as a Numidian unit as far as I'm concerned, as long as A. I have the ability to mod it out or make it more accurate (like what EB is doing to the original game this very moment) and B. the core game (gameplay, AI, graphics engine, absence of bugs) is good. Anything that isn't hardcoded can always be modded.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Hey waht happened here! i went to sleep, woke up and so many posts :grin .

@maximusminimus - one might argue that attacking a fleet within a port with your fleet is not that easy, though if you can do it by clicking on individual ships than it does not make any sense at all...

@Hellenic Hoplite - You're absolutly right. But the root of the problem is that CA should have said "this is not historical game, only a history flavoured game". If we try to list things that are wrong from historical point of viem we'll have a book here (hell even the "Egypt" alone can take 20 pages&#33 I'd recommend posting Your very comprehensive list in RTR/EB forum. PS. Just for the record - I've added Theban Sacred Band in my little mod...

Take care!

Ducenarius

whenever you upgrade a governor's residence, on the turn of completion, the FOW surrounding the city will go black, as if you have no units, watchtowers, spies whatver. all units within this new blackened area cannot be selected on the campaign map unless you toggle FOW off via the RomeShell console, although you can click on the city and select the unit cards individually. moving a unit into the blackened area will momentarily restore vision, but will revert back to the bugged state once the unit moves out of the field-of-view. moving a new unit into the city itself will not restore vision either, as it become a part of the stack within the city, which is somehow now marked as "visionless". things will stay this way in all consecutive turns unless the game is reloaded. i think there is a chance it will be restored once you upgrade the residence again, though i haven't bothered to test this.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Originally posted by tai4ji2x@May 15 2005, 01:32 AM
    whenever you upgrade a governor's residence, on the turn of completion, the FOW surrounding the city will go black, as if you have no units, watchtowers, spies whatver. all units within this new blackened area cannot be selected on the campaign map unless you toggle FOW off via the RomeShell console, although you can click on the city and select the unit cards individually. moving a unit into the blackened area will momentarily restore vision, but will revert back to the bugged state once the unit moves out of the field-of-view. moving a new unit into the city itself will not restore vision either, as it become a part of the stack within the city, which is somehow now marked as "visionless". things will stay this way in all consecutive turns unless the game is reloaded. i think there is a chance it will be restored once you upgrade the residence again, though i haven't bothered to test this.
    My experience is contrary, i.e. could not reproduce this problem. Do you have a screenshot showing this "blackout"? Maybe it's faction/city specific or something?

Ducenarius

basically all of modern former yugoslavia - (the cities that are visible are only because of units newly moved into the area. i cannot select the unit SW of Iuvavum unless i toggle off FOW)

with fog-of-war toggled off: (note the rebel unit NE of Aquileia)

... only visible after i move a spy there

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

@tai4ji2x - You're not using Vanilla RTW! My tests show that this problem does not appear in normal 1.2 (and this is what's this topic is about), most probably this error is caused by the map modification, conntact the author of it about it, I'm sure he'll try to do something with this.

Ducenarius

whoops, my bad - just realized that too, :lol . hmm... can anyone else confirm that this doesn't occur in vanilla?

it's certainly listed as a problem in the org's thread however, which seems to indicate others are experiencing it in vanilla as well http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=46366

EDIT - wait, i remember it happening in vanilla all the time for me. i'll test it the next time i try. currently leaving RTR on 24/7 to avoid load/save reassessment "feature"

Yes, it happens in vanilla, although i don't have any screenshot to prove it. Unless ofcourse you don't consider it vanilla anymore (for this purpose) if one has some custom skins on it.
    Unfortunatly that campaign savegame was acidentally overwrited, so i can't reproduce it right away.
    I was playing a Carthaginian campaign, and another thing that hapened was i didn't get generals bodyguard upgrade when i builded the imperial palace (or whatever the name is).

Download V. 1.0 here

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Hmmm I'll try to test it some more, but even if happens in vanilla it does not happen all time (i.e. not in all the cities/factions/maybe a combination of buildings?)
    PS. Sorry everyone, I promised a bigger update some time ago, but been terribly busy since, will find time definetly this week.

Ducenarius

just tried it with vanilla, and it happens. perhaps it is specific to certain video cards/drivers? i'm using radeon9800 with omega drivers

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Originally posted by tai4ji2x@May 16 2005, 04:29 PM
    just tried it with vanilla, and it happens. perhaps it is specific to certain video cards/drivers? i'm using radeon9800 with omega drivers
    Very unlikely. To be honest I've tested this (in few precious minutes I found) in my Parthian save... and did not see this. I should have more time in the very near future will do proper testings with other factions then.

Regarding AI Diplomacy:
    Numidia atacked me (Carthage), and the next turn (after they loose the battle) they send me this message. :lol
    What do you make of this? *tongue*

Download V. 1.0 here