Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official TWC Bugs, Issues & Errata List for RTW

Thanks!

No, I have different figures. I'm a bit puzzled by the Arretium population, it should be much higher. Did you build troops there?

And for Segesta I got more or less the same (517 to your 520), but I played on medium unit size, perhaps that's the difference. I'll check.

In any case, 520 is too little for the 2.5% growth it should get, but equals almost exact the 2% growth it has without the 0.5% slaves.

It appears you don't get the slave bonus either.

edit: running on HUGE, gives me 518 in Segesta, I guess there is some rounding issue somewhere. In any case, if you didn't build any units in Segesta, then you surely did not profit from the 0.5% slave bonus.
    Last edited by Germanus; December 11, 2005 at 01:49 PM.

Well, i didn't build anything so hmm,
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory inspired by Archer
    How much will I pay to sit in front of a TV and chase polygons?

Right.

Anybody else up for this simple test?

Still no slave growth bonus in 1.5

I would still be very gratefull if some people would perform aformentioned test.

Maybe it's magic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory inspired by Archer
    How much will I pay to sit in front of a TV and chase polygons?

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

I will be doing all sorts of test to 1.5 this weekend, will also see about slaves, for now just tell yourself that slavery is immoral and don't use it :wink:
    Last edited by Borsook; December 15, 2005 at 01:08 AM. Reason: typo
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

Can confirm Germanus's slave pop growth problem, I'm experiencing it as well. Same test protocol, different scenario. Conquered town, enslaved, did math hit end turn, didn't get the right population.
    As for not using slavery, my pet mods revolve around zero build times for militia units, including the pre-marian legions, but limiting recruitment via ZoR of Italy. Romans run out of population FAST without enslavement. This bug really nixes that idea.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Pode
    Can confirm Germanus's slave pop growth problem, I'm experiencing it as well. Same test protocol, different scenario. Conquered town, enslaved, did math hit end turn, didn't get the right population.
    As for not using slavery, my pet mods revolve around zero build times for militia units, including the pre-marian legions, but limiting recruitment via ZoR of Italy. Romans run out of population FAST without enslavement. This bug really nixes that idea.
    Not using slavery was a joke. So does it mean you don't get any population boost at all, or that the value is wrong?

Seems to be no boost at all. Not sure if the instant pop boost to governed towns is working or not. I have a theory about the source of the problem, but haven't tested it yet. I noticed that in the 1.5 EDB file, the boost to trade base value from ports has been commented out. Assuming that changes were made to trade that made the bonus excessive, perhaps something got borked in the calculation of slave trading routes. Perhaps slaves can be traded between ports but no longer by land.

I did catch the joke, I'm just so irritated by yet another bug that prevents me from playing the way I want to that I'm not finding it that funny

Edit: Never mind, just confirmed that this comment line was present in 1.2, back when slavery worked.
    Last edited by Pode; December 18, 2005 at 10:16 AM.

Some further testing (over at the Guild) has so far only shown that slave-trading has never worked, with the possible exeption of 1.1

Default a new one...

Throwing games is actually free of charge.

In the financial tab it will be noted, but when you actually compare the net-figure with what you have in your coffers, you'll see you didn't pay a thing.

Germanus runs off to issue build-orders for Arena's wherever possible

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Official TWC Bugs, Issues & Errata List for RTW

I've seen the following bug quite many times now - mainly with cav, but also a few times with missile units. This is a bug with 1.5/1.6 and occurs both with vanilla and mods.

The cav issue is that a group of cav, after killing a unit, will stand around and still have the attack red crossed swords icon on the unit card and actually attack the ground or close to the ground where the enemy unit's dead bodies are. Sometimes it's possible to stop them doing this behaviour, but other times not; for example, when my general did it and I couldn't move him after that at all.

With missile units they keep the firing missle icon on their unit cards, even though they don't fire, they make the moves of firing and also can be difficult to redirect.

These bugs are quite frequent and really annoying!! Anyone else seen them?

Here's some screenies. The cav example is from a mod, but I get this bug whether in 1.5/1.6 vanilla or 1.5/1.6 mod.

One of the unit info captions even says the unit is "dead" although my men are still attacking it and it is said to be "fleeing"...
    On another, you can see a horseman lancing dead bodies.
    On a few others, Hastati throwing javelins at nothing.
    On a couple of others, horsmen attacking the dead.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8...nemies33pm.jpg
    http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1...nemies29jq.jpg
    http://img286.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nemies41ee.jpg
    http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8...nemies18dd.jpg
    http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/7...nemies33hz.jpg
    http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/6...nemies26in.jpg
    http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5...nemies17cc.jpg
    http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9...nemies11zq.jpg

other bugs that bug me:

- why in 1.5 you cannot MERGE your units before a battle when attacked? You could in 1.2. It's not realistic to expect that you wouldn't have time to merge your units before engaging the enemy.

- if you have berserkers waiting to enter the battlefield and select all your units and have them warcry, it puts the beserkers into bloodlust BEFORE they have entered the battlefield.

- if you have men standing right on the touchlines waiting to enter the battle and routing enemy units have to pass them to exit the battlefield, the enemy units will kill *many* of your men for *NO* losses as they exit.

- also cav charges - please fix the bug where your cav charges a unit and somehow pulls up just before impact. Cav no longer smacks straight into a unit - as it should - but hesitates before impact.

- memory leak is still in 1.5

- sometimes the wrong diplomacy stance is shown on cities in the fog of war - the game doesn't update the diplomatic stances.

- sometimes the AI from being very hostile to you for many turns suddenly goes to neutral and wants to trade with you for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by Germanicus75; July 27, 2006 at 04:07 AM.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

I really hope they do something about the siege AI in MTW2. I just defended a siege on BI 1.6 and it's really frustrating to see the AI bust my gate open and then just *stand in front of it*, while other units continue the breach of the walls by using the siege towers! Talk about doing things the hard way. Why bother even busting the gate? The AI simply seems totally unable to coordinate any kind of halfway intelligent attack and just wastes a lot of its men and advantages. Then if it gets to your city square, it only seems to attack you with one unit at a time. Really hope it's better in the new game :-)

Saw a 1.6 bug where with a busted gate, there was boiling oil sound/screaming, even though there were men only quite near to the gate, and not actually going through it. No men were lost and no oil was actually seen. Just the sound.

ok im not sure where to put this so ill put this here but i tryed installing the 1.5 patch i have 1.3 installed just fine but it doesnt work it says that it cant find the .exe file so im completely lost

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: Official TWC Bugs, Issues & Errata List for RT

heres some bug at the teuterberger wald. my cav stuck in some big rock (On the side of the path, its the only one anyways) and when i order it to attack it wont budge and do nothing

What about those of us who do not have Barbarian Invasion? Which of those bugs in the list apply to our games?

I had the weirdest bug ever in 1.1, it only happened once, I was fighting on a bridge and when I had routed the last enemy unit, the entire routing enemy army dropped dead on the bridge, all at once.(not that I'm complaining)
    ---When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with---

---What's brave, what's noble, let's do it after the high Roman fashion,
    And make death proud to take us---

---When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools---

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Veridious View Post
    What about those of us who do not have Barbarian Invasion? Which of those bugs in the list apply to our games?
    First of all do note that the list is old and does not take into account last RTW and BI patches (though they did not fix a lot, you can compare it to their fix list).

The exe files for RTW and BI are not that different, most bugs from BI appear in RTW too, the are some that just do not apply, since a given feature is not present in RTW but I cannot think of a bug that is in RTW exe and not in BI exe, or the other way around.

Roman_Wolf's Avatar Campidoctor

here are some really stupid AI siege tactics:

when you sally forth to meet them thy either do the following:

if theyr stronger than u, they stand next to ur walls with no siege engines and wait till their death.

if your stronger then then they retreat in a very messed up manner where ur cavalry can usualy run down their entire army.

moreover here some other graphical bugs:

the skirmisher animations show they still carry 3 spears although theyr out of ammo.

Primicerius

This thread is ridiculously old... It doesn't even cover the latest patches.