Thread: Interface Problem

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Default Interface Problem

DimeBaGo: here me agains with my totally messed up interface, virtually ALL messages are worng, have not any other mod installed on that folder :S except the official expansions

Well, not totally lol, only in some places when you roll over the mouse, here is the detalis i found:

When you roll over the "Faction Overviews" button it says "You will be rewarded with an unit of triaii"
    When you roll over the cost of troops upkeep in any Settlement details page, it says "common people now hate you with passion blah blah blaj"
    IN the same Settlement details page, where is shoud say "culture breakdown" it says "cannot disband units while at the sea"
    And in the details of culture breakdoewn, instead of "neighbouring regions" it says simple "culture breakdown"

The most odd is however the error on "War declared on ally" scrip announce. It says something strange like "show this scroll in accorda nce with the size of the settlement" The phrase cannot be readed complete and it is writen in the same typography size and colour than the main title on the scripr
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; March 01, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Interface Problem

That is a strange problem.

Do you get the same problem when you play regular RTW? Have you tried just running the XGM installer again? Which language does your original RTW use?

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Interface Problem

North Ossetian....LOL, no, UK English.

Yes i reinstalled some times. The problem was there since the begining, So i´m pretty sure that it ws not a result of my further modding.

I checked the files that contains the messages and eveything seems in order: It is not a major problem, but a bit annoying; also as i´m doing modding myself i fear that there is a small error that can cumulate with others to cause an eventual crash without show_err messages (i happened a couple of times and its very tedius to go searching for EVERY possible minimal error)

And no, Vanilla works fine; in the Vanilla folder i had the raw mundus magnus as a provincial campaign, and also works fine. The only other mod that i have in that folder is ATW (Amazon Total WAr), that uses an entirely separate folder with its own Data folder and a separate .exe, so i don´t think that that could be messing up.
    Last edited by Anakarsis; March 01, 2009 at 07:40 PM.