Thread: CTD at red Activision splash screen

Default CTD at red Activision splash screen

Hey guys. I have a problem. There is a CTD when I first double click the icon and go to the red activision splash screen. It tells me this:

Script Error in RomeMedievalMOD/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 1824, column 18.

Unrecognised mount type 'RM Jerusalem Horse'.

I have hotfix no. 9 installed along with the mod. please give me some help. thanks.

by the way, from the screens, RM 2 and RM 3 looks great.

Default Re: CTD at red Activision splash screen

Actually i had the same issue and replaced all those custom RM horses with generals horse or such mount, then after that it started whining about cannon ball projectile...

Is this a vista issue or what? (Well, since i possess Vista, might be a problem with installation?)

Can someone shed some light in this matter? I'd like to try this mod out with my friend, as soon as i get it working first though..

Yes, i have Non modified Rome Total War patched up to 1.5, followed all the instructions...

Indefinitely Banned

tell me more about this problems?

I get a CTD as soon as I get to the opening screen (that sword thing). I get a message saying: Generic error: could not read file "data/descr_battle_map_lightning_and_fog_control.txt"
    Can someone help me out with that please? Maybe I need to rewrite that file?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

you dont need to overwrite anything, this mod is fully modfoldered dude, there must have been a problem with your installation

onmy6's Avatar Miles

I think Ive encountering this problem before (not sure as it has been along time) but you may need to change some settings in your preference file which is a text file in yor RM2 directory to lower some of the intialising setting so the game can start?