Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Scipio/Postumus

Default Re: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Scipio/Postumus

I am not blaming Volero, and to be honest, it has dismayed me that since we began discussing this whole absurd situation, not a single senator has stepped forward to suggest himself as a superior candidate.
    Senator Lucius Artorius Cato (34)

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

If none are willing to run against him, then why - in Hades! - not? The man ran, and the man ran in a good, clean election!

What makes a bad man who gets one vote different from a bad man who gets no votes? Or - inversely - what makes a good man who got no votes different than a good man who got one vote?

I would say that a man who acquires no votes cannot be a bad man, as a truly bad man would have bought his way into the consulship, which this man..." Falco chuckles, "obviously has not.

Had he received one vote out of all these hundreds you would deem him fit for office, but because he would not buy that vote he is unworthy of office? He ran, Crassus, he ran and apart from you he was unopposed, does that make him less qualified then those who did not dare or want to do their duty for our sacred Res Publica?"
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Crassus, frustrated at the proceedings, held his hands up in surrender.

"Right! Right! Very well! Let us end this business and get to work, for once!"
    Senator Lucius Artorius Cato (34)

"I agree. What were we discussing before this topic, somehow, took our attention?"