Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malvinas/Falklands TOTAL WAR

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Malvinas/Falklands TOTAL WAR

Malvinas/Falklands TOTAL WAR

Description

WAR IN 1982:

The Falklands War (Spanish: Guerra de las Malvinas/Guerra del Atlántico Sur), also called the Falklands Conflict/Crisis, was fought in 1982 between Argentina and the United Kingdom (UK) over the disputed Falkland Islands and South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands. The Falkland Islands consist of two large and many small islands in the South Atlantic Ocean east of Argentina; their name and sovereignty over them have long been disputed.
    The Falklands War started on 2 April 1982 with the Argentine invasion and occupation of the Falkland Islands and South Georgia, and ended with the Argentine surrender on 14 June 1982. The conflict was the result of a protracted diplomatic confrontation regarding the sovereignty of the islands. Neither state officially declared war and the fighting was largely limited to the territories under dispute and the South Atlantic. The initial invasion was considered by Argentina as the re-occupation of its own territory, and by the UK as an invasion of a British overseas territory.
    Britain launched a naval task force to engage the Argentine Navy and Argentine Air Force, and retake the islands by amphibious assault. After combat resulting in 258 British and 649 Argentine deaths, the British eventually prevailed and the islands remained under British control. However, as of 2008 and as it has since the 19th century, Argentina shows no sign of relinquishing its claim. The claim remains in the Argentine constitution after its reformation in 1994.
    The political effects of the war were strong in both countries. A wave of patriotic sentiment swept through both: the Argentine loss prompted even larger protests against the military government, which hastened its downfall; in the United Kingdom, the government of Prime MinisterMargaret Thatcher was bolstered. It helped Thatcher's government to victory in the 1983 general election, which prior to the war was seen as by no means certain. The war has played an important role in the culture of both countries, and has been the subject of several books, films, and songs. The cultural and political weight of the conflict has had less effect on the British public than on that of Argentina, where the war is still a topic of discussion.

STEP 0 (Independent development)
    A- Island
    B- MP missions for testing addons
    C- Audio (Music and sounds)
    D- Other addons

STEP 1
    A- Weapons
    B- Units
    C- Vehicles
    D- Others

SOME PICS OF THE WORK IN PROGRESS

A Pilot

Weaposns of the Argentinian Army

Some pics of the Map (This pics are from Arma)

This well be the map

To see more Info Soon the link

The Factions

ARGENTINA

GREAT BRITAIN

Soon the troops and veicles of the war.

Some Videos of war
    Argentine Air Force in war: Halcones

English troops in battle.

Documental:

Esenes of a movie:

SOON THE UPDATE:

More Info here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War

COMENT!!!!

Wartotalworldguy's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Malvinas/Falklands TOTAL WAR

wow mate great idea.The falkan war was the war that in the end as you mentioned ended the argentinian dictadorchip.You have all my support if you do this into a mod.Viva Latinoamerica!!!!!!!!!!!

I would most certainly support this although the Malvinas conflict raises some potential conflicts with the engine. Particularly the use of aircraft and their interaction with the rest of the game world. As well as the style of fighting in the period. What is convenient is that in the ground it was primarily an infantry war. Unless, of course, we include southern Argentina and southern Chile in the map aswell.

I will help out as much as I can particularly with research and playtesting but I cannot model units or anything like that.

Also in English the proper term is "Argentine" not "Argentinean". This is because in English the word comes from "the Argentine" not from "Argentina". "Argentina" is the name of the land in Spanish, meaning "Land of Silver". In English it would be "The Argentine Land", therefore people who come from it would be "Argentines".

Quote Originally Posted by Wartotalworldguy View Post
    wow mate great idea.The falkan war was the war that in the end as you mentioned ended the argentinian dictadorchip.You have all my support if you do this into a mod.Viva Latinoamerica!!!!!!!!!!!
    TANKS FRIEND!! LON LIVE TO AMERICA!!! SALUDOS HERMANO!

Quote Originally Posted by Panchito View Post
    I would most certainly support this although the Malvinas conflict raises some potential conflicts with the engine. Particularly the use of aircraft and their interaction with the rest of the game world. As well as the style of fighting in the period. What is convenient is that in the ground it was primarily an infantry war. Unless, of course, we include southern Argentina and southern Chile in the map aswell.

I will help out as much as I can particularly with research and playtesting but I cannot model units or anything like that.

Also in English the proper term is "Argentine" not "Argentinean". This is because in English the word comes from "the Argentine" not from "Argentina". "Argentina" is the name of the land in Spanish, meaning "Land of Silver". In English it would be "The Argentine Land", therefore people who come from it would be "Argentines".
    OK FRIEND FOR PM WE CONTINUE TALKING ABOUT THIS MOD!!!

Wartotalworldguy's Avatar Ordinarius

Is a great idea mate.One thing so the map will cover southern chile,southern argentina and the falkan islands?Anyways great idea

Argentine or Argentinian is correct. But how can you depict aircraft with the ETW engine ? Not many air battles in the 18th century although somebody went up in a balloon..Montgolfier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    Argentine or Argentinian is correct. But how can you depict aircraft with the ETW engine ? Not many air battles in the 18th century although somebody went up in a balloon..Montgolfier ?
    Yeah thats what I think the problem would be, unless balloons would be included. And then you'd have to make them enter the battlefield and then leave.

Is a great idea mate.One thing so the map will cover southern chile,southern argentina and the falkan islands?Anyways great idea
    I should say we include South Georgia and the South Sandwich islands aswell.

EDIT: Perhaps as well at the northernmost point on the map, a transition zone to "Ascension Island" which would be the British (and US?) base of operations.
    Last edited by Panchito; March 01, 2009 at 07:35 AM.

Yeah thats what I think the problem would be, unless balloons would be included. And then you'd have to make them enter the battlefield and then leave.

I should say we include South Georgia and the South Sandwich islands aswell.

EDIT: Perhaps as well at the northernmost point on the map, a transition zone to "Ascension Island" which would be the British (and US?) base of operations.
    Yes, south Argentina, Chile, And all the others Islands including "Ascension Island" which would be the British and US base of operations.

US Well be the Spy, the mersenaries(Equipment,weapons,etc) and the merchant of England.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    Yes, its Hard, for that we are waiting to the game ETW complete game to see how we can do this. In my team we have an scripter who says itis posible, ass a call of artillery or a plane passing whyt an animation like a bird.

VIVA AMERICA!!!

Wartotalworldguy (we are making th WW1 mod, you have a team? becouse i need a crew for this mod? Entiendes?)
    Last edited by Choki; March 01, 2009 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    US Well be the Spy, the mersenaries(Equipment,weapons,etc) and the merchant of England.
    Well there was always the thought that the US would call in a carrier battle group if this got way too bad for the British. Of course, this would mean that the British faction should loose 90% of its prestige.

It will be interesting to do the civil unrest in Argentina at the time.

However, for the aircraft, it sounds quite tricky as we not only have strike aircraft (like the A-4Bs and A-4Cs of the Argentine Air Force and Navy) but we also have planes doing Combat Air Patrol and Interception. Therefore they would have staying power over the battlefield, the Harriers for quite some time, the Mirages for little time. Also the use of planes would be mostly on the naval scenarios. However, one has to take into account that the aerial battles were things that took place over something much bigger than just each localized firefight, i.e. on something on the scale of the campaign map.

Interesting...good luck!
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

I NEED PEOPLE FOR THE MOD.(MY Team are finishing other mod, but when thei finish tath they going to join to us)

Mod-team:

-Modleader:
    -3D-artists:
    -Modeller:
    2D-artists:
    -Researchers:
    -Mapper:
    -Skinner:
    -Coder:
    -Scripter:

IF ANYONE WHANT JOIN TELLME BY PM.

-UPDATE-

HERE SOME PICS

here is the puerto Argentino

Govrnment House Stanley

SOME WORK IN PROGRESS

SOME TROOPS.

Argentine special troops

And Royal Marines

_Suggestion_

In the mod the aircraft will support the infantry, we are also seeing if the aircraft can attack alone.

-The British troops will are limited or not. I need your oppinion.

-USA Well be the Spy, the mersenaries(Equipment,weapons,etc) and the merchant of England.

-The planes and boats will be limited or not? What do you tink?

-Chile will be able to go to war with Argentina.

-Peru will be the ally of Argentina and sent reinforcements, supplies and equipment.

"If you can giveme more ideas the better. Think and discuss ideas and help appends more".

Soon the next update

Well choki you are popping up with ideas now this and the WW 1 total war. What next "Hellghan total war based" on killzone?

Quote Originally Posted by Landkreuzer ratte View Post
    Well choki you are popping up with ideas now this and the WW 1 total war. What next "Hellghan total war based" on killzone?
    Not that talking about these? I am looking for information in the next mod WW1, and I have a team working on this other mod.

not registered here so I post it.
    I don´t know what is your problem?(In WW1 I give to much help)
    Working for 2 mods at once that is your problem?

I would be extremely interested in helping out with this mod. Sadly I have no knowledge of programming or modeling nor the time to learn it. However, I posses quite a few books on the subject and have ready access to a lot more (both in Spanish and English) so I can do research/descriptions/ect.

I would be extremely interested in helping out with this mod. Sadly I have no knowledge of programming or modeling nor the time to learn it. However, I posses quite a few books on the subject and have ready access to a lot more (both in Spanish and English) so I can do research/descriptions/ect.
    VERY VERY WELL!!!

Yes, if we can get more people in this, I going to create a forum for the mod.

I going ot continue in contact whyt you

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Thats a grate idea for a mod well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshamrock. View Post
    Thats a grate idea for a mod well done.
    TANKS!!!

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

I wounder will the Empire game engin run it?.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshamrock. View Post
    I wounder will the Empire game engin run it?.
    tHAT IS WE WANTH KNOW.

I have a lot of people who want to join to this mod

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Landkreuzer ratte View Post
    I'm already doing that... 1:13 Total War

This is a great idea, and more likely to succeed than Modern Warfare mod, becuase of the smaller scope however, your many troubles will be obvious. The scale and range of weapons, the speed of aircraft etc... if you can find a way to make ships and aircraft exist 'off the map' it may work. But of course evven a naval battle with modern ships would be silly since there are aircaft and submarines to take into consideration not to mention that no map could cover the ranges of modern weaponry. Still, you have done some great work already... very promising

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast