Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Cross & Rise of the Crescent (FCRC) - General Discussion (until release FCRC 1.0)

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Fall of the Cross & Rise of the Crescent (possible new campaign)

Governor of the Principality of Antiocha: Boemondo III (age at start: 43)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Holy Roman Empire: Ruler: Friedrich I "Barbarossa" (age at start: 65) [wife Beatrix dead at start]

Heir: Henry VI (age at start: 22) [wife: Constance]
    2nd: Friedrich VI (age at start:

I saved the stuff in the spoiler so i could add to it later.

My question before I can really begin is how did you deal with dead family members. The main problem i'm occuring here is all the descendants alive at this time are his grandchildren. All his actual kids are dead by this point as far as I can tell, so all the heirs and such are 3rd gen. Do you want the 2nd gen, or will we just put the grandchildren as his children in the game?

Formerly Vuvuzela

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

A new diligent FCRC team member

I such cases that you found out here, we must improvise. Anyway, this Boemundo just gets a wife, but he must not have children from the start by all means, but would be better indeed, then he gets just one or two 3rd gen. childs. Boemundo won't be the leader or heir of the Sicily faction, so he isn't in the highest relevance.

As for dead characters: Yes, if you have them, then list them, but we need those only or mainly for the leader family, all other info about dead characters is a bonus.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Holy Roman Empire (family tree the way it should be in game):

I'll try and keep these coming as best i can (also ignore what I said earlier, Governor of the Principality of Antiocha: Boemondo III (age at start: 43) he is the only thing you need to know about Antioch)

EDIT: I forgot to say a couple of things. First, I probably wont do work on this weekend because of Easter, and also, damnit cant remember what else right now.

EDIT2: Remembered, with the names, i'll try and put them up there in their correct language, but if I cant figure it out ill say that its wrong and ask if anyone knows it. (the fredericks above are because i forgot to change it while making the graphic, and the otehr because i dont know what they are in german)

EDIT3: Forgot to put in there, Henry VI is the heir.
    Last edited by Sun Devil; April 11, 2009 at 03:32 AM.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Patrician Artifex

Good work, keep it up
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Quote Originally Posted by USC_Trojans View Post
    Holy Roman Empire (family tree the way it should be in game):

I'll try and keep these coming as best i can (also ignore what I said earlier, Governor of the Principality of Antiocha: Boemondo III (age at start: 43) he is the only thing you need to know about Antioch)

EDIT: I forgot to say a couple of things. First, I probably wont do work on this weekend because of Easter, and also, damnit cant remember what else right now.

EDIT2: Remembered, with the names, i'll try and put them up there in their correct language, but if I cant figure it out ill say that its wrong and ask if anyone knows it. (the fredericks above are because i forgot to change it while making the graphic, and the otehr because i dont know what they are in german)

EDIT3: Forgot to put in there, Henry VI is the heir.
    (+ rep for you)

Philippe II had just taken over France at the start (took over at 1180), and his first son was only just born, so not much of a family tree to start. Also Louis VIII is the heir.

Damnit, keep forgetting to put heirs on there. Richard I is the heir. Oh, also forgot to put factions . First is France, second is England.

Formerly Vuvuzela

*Important thing to note: The HRE was currently claiming the throne, so Sicily and HRE need to be at war, with an army headed by Henry VI (who was attempting to gain Sicily for HRE) somewhere north of Napoli. Also, Matteo D'Ajello could be put in as an initial heir since the real heir isnt of age. He was a chancellor who was pretty high in the court and backed Tancred's coup. He would be somewhere around 40-45 at start I think.

OK, well Pisa was a Republic, so im not sure how that fits in here.

Ok, I swear to god, every empire was in a some sort of civil war. Byzantines were in one, just like Sicily, which is why the family trees are so small. Also, his son may just have to get bumped up in age because I cant find any other person that could serve as heir. And the daughter married Barbarossa's youngest son, so I dont know think she will have to be hubandless.

Formerly Vuvuzela

I don't know if this will help you but its a quick splash screen I made for this campaign:

well, I could also use it for the chiv intro vid...since i'm planning to make it a trailer-intro video, it would fit nicely in

Couple of things. One, what are the Islamic factions? I seem to recall somewhere someone saying that the Grand Seljuks were replaced by someone else or something. Also, out of curiosity, who is actual working on the mod and what are the jobs of everyone? Well, heres the Spanish kingdoms.

*Enrique I wasnt actually born yet, but I included him anyway jsut to give a direct male heir. An alternate heir for the begininning of the game would be Ferdinand II of León (age at start: 50) [wife: Urraca]. His wife was the daughter of one of the previous Castilian kings, so he had relation, plus he claimed the regency before Alfonso took control.

Finally, a straightforward family tree not in a civil war with an old enough heir.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Fall of the Cross & Rise of the Crescent (new campaign)

@ Trojans ... good work above! I think you have saved all that? When you are done on the task, then i would need a Word doc or pdf of the whole result.

Couple of things. One, what are the Islamic factions? I seem to recall somewhere someone saying that the Grand Seljuks were replaced by someone else or something. Also, out of curiosity, who is actual working on the mod and what are the jobs of everyone?
    You are right that we need an update, so i changed the 1st post for an overview.

@ Warluster
    Thanks for your efforts ... while i think the style doesn't fit really to the ChivTW content. Please try to create something that expresses a bit more the typical ChivTW style and the campaign theme. Then we could consider it for a usage as a campaign banner (ie. for the first post and later for announcements)
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 14, 2009 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    @ Trojans ... good work above! I think you have saved all that? When you are done on the task, then i would need a Word doc or pdf of the whole result.
    Ya ill definitely collect everything together in the end, i'm just updating everyone as to my work (and making sure no one has an objection if I have to change something around). Would you want all-text or just the family trees above all out on one?

EDIT: Read the overview, and a new question arises, is the start date now 1191? If so, ill have to go back and change a few things, and one or two whole trees.
    Last edited by Sun Devil; April 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Patrician Artifex

is the start date now 1191?
    Well, it's valid since post # 24. I'm sorry that you didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Well, it's valid since post # 24. I'm sorry that you didn't see it.
    No worries, all I have to do is bump the ages up 4 years, and I think Byzantine and Sicily trees need reworked, but other than that nothing. It actually may make it easier, since maybe now the Byzantine tree will be a little better.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Patrician Artifex

Short Update Info:

A rudimenrary/preliminary map for this new campaign is working now

--

If a skilled RTW coder is around and wanna join the FCRC team is very welcome (in the best case a bit familiar with the mod's timeframe or at least interested and knowing ChivTW).
    Just sign up here, and introduce yourself short, respectively what skills you can offer.

--

First post slightly updated.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 17, 2009 at 04:14 PM.

Bohemia: Ruler: Ottokar I (Age at start: 36) [wife: Adelheid]
    1st: Margarethe (Age at start: 5)
    2nd: Wenceslaus I (Age at start: 0)
    Heir: Wenceslaus II (Age at start: 54)
    (Note: Ottokar didn’t actually assume the throne until 1198, but since he was the actual King I included him. Wenceslaus II was the current Duke at the time.)

Hungary: Ruler: Béla III (Age at start: 43) [wife: Agnes]
    1st: *Emeric I (Age at start: 17)
    2nd: Margaret (Age at start: 16)
    3rd: Andrew II (Age at start: 14)
    4th: Constance (Age at start: 11)

Im not going to put these into a visualized tree, unless you want me too, becuase it creates unnecessary work. Ok, quick question here. What are we supposed to do about Poland, because at the games start they were no longer a unified kingdom, but a big fragmented thing in civil war.
    Last edited by Sun Devil; April 17, 2009 at 11:18 PM.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Patrician Artifex

I missed the post, sorry.

What are we supposed to do about Poland, because at the games start they were no longer a unified kingdom, but a big fragmented thing in civil war.
    I suggest that you look after one representative family for the Polish faction.

The Civil war could be portrayed by having the Polish player represent one of the small factions in Poland (à la EB) with the other regions being very strong Rebels...

I got Poland figured out, i'm pretty sure I just took the nobilities direct bloodline, and ignored the splintered factions. Also got Pisa figured out, just found one of the more influential families and they are the rulers. BTW, i'm done with all the Christian factions, and the Moors. For Islamic factions, i'm just putting a random Islamic name for the wives, since they had so many I cant find any real ones, plus there was the concubines .

Formerly Vuvuzela

Patrician Artifex

For Islamic factions, i'm just putting a random Islamic name for the wives, since they had so many I cant find any real ones, plus there was the concubines .
    That's complete okay, we don't need to be anal accurate.

If you would be able to make an overview which regions were governed by whom at the camp start would be awesome, too.