Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 bug reports

Default ROP v2.2 bug reports

Hej everyone,

Though we hope to have delivered a bug-free mod to you, bug-free products are a myth and there's always place for improvements. This thread is here to monitor all the bugs you encounter

Before you post CTD reports, please check our bug fixes thread to see if your situation has been fixed already.

-ROP Team

EDIT: Resolved installer problems moved to this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164911
    Last edited by Nero666; July 11, 2008 at 05:05 PM.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: ROP v2.2 bug reports

This may sound repetitive, but I still have the battle CTD. I just downloaded this on an unmodded RTW with patches 1.5/1.6. I started up a campaign as Kyrene and I disbanded some troops, built two ports and made an army consisting of one general, one elite hoplite, 3 politai hoplites, one toxotai, and two marine units. I got on the boats and sailed to Paraitonion where I had a spy in there and I laid siege. After one turn (fourth turn of campaign so far), the spy opens the gates so I besiege. Their army is one general, a unit of greek cavalry, a few toxotai, one hippies, and a few of the lowest level hoplites. After loading, about 5 seconds into my generals speech when it begins to zoom in on him, the game CTD's without an error report.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

@Ramesses: Noted, will look into it.

@Nialo: That might indicate that the version of RTW is wrong. Could you check in the Options menu? The version number appears at the top right and should be RTW v1.5.

@icydawgfish: I've read somewhere that it might be an issue with DirectX not supporting the .dds textures properly and will make a pack for you (tomorrow) to see if it works correctly with just .tga files, or dds files with a different format. Could you check if your directx version is supported by the video card?

@DaVinci: That's cool - if you find out, let me know

Lead developer of:

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm not sure what version of Direct X I have but it's the version that's required to run RTW and BI (I bought the gold edition, but disks are separate). My graphics card isn't the greatest but it can handle any RTW mod w/settings at no grass, medium settings for all graphical options, and large unit sizes. It's a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Video nforce2 Audio.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Oki it shouldn't be caused by the card if you can play other mods, so we'll see tomorrow what happens if we use different texture formats The toggling on of Unit Shaders never helped for you?

Lead developer of:

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Kolyo View Post
    I just downloaded and installed ROP 2.2. Started Persia campaign but the script keeps popping up everytime i click a city?
    Dunno how much this will help, but the folks over at Iberia Total War have gotten the scripting down.

You can peruse their forums to see what you can see. The scripters for ITW are:

CeltiberoRamiroI
    CeltiberoAsdrúbal

if you should want to contact them. I do not know how much English they speak, if that is a barrier to you. If it is, then the guy who worked on the English translation of ITW is Ambrosius Aurelianus. Contact him if you want or need to.

I'm not a friend of theirs or anything. Just gathering a little info to help out. Cheers!

(When I say "you", I am referring of course to Nero666. I don't expect Kara Kolyo to fix this issue.)

Keep up the good work Nero666.

Thanks for the bug reports everyone, seems like there's quite some stuff to do Keep them coming I will figure out how to make the soldiers ride the elephants like horses, maybe we need different animations for it..
    Thanks Legio for your suggestion. Fortunately DaVinci already posted a fix this night (well it was night for me) so it should be quite ok soon.
    Last edited by Nero666; May 13, 2008 at 02:27 AM.

Lead developer of:

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Starting a campaign as Lydia,3-4 turns after the beginning a message appeared "Victory conditions failed.You have failed to keep the eastern roman capital and this is fatal for the roman faction.Continue playing anyway or not ?" Or something in this sence. I clicked "continue" and hope it won't spoil my game.

Then I am not sure but I doubt that a defeated army of ionian hoplites after I defeated it didn't won't to disappear from the map around Phrygia. So I have to fight it again and I am afraid this can turn the balance against me.But OK this is not that fatal,I can play another campaign with diff faction.

Wow that's weird. If you are able to reproduce it can you post a savegame? Or do you have one from before the victory conditions failed message? Eastern Roman Capital sounds like BI - did you install to that?

Lead developer of:

I am not quoting it correct. It is more like for a faction of Rome's. The message appears now and then,next time I'll record it. It doesn't hint my campaign though. Yes,it is installed correct. It's not that of a problem,just wanted to let yeah know.

Well I got this bug due to an error in the script file quite often when developing, but the final script implemented in v2.2 never did.

Lead developer of:

Is this a Mercenary bug? I was recruiting Mercenaries up North as Makedon and it had 2 of the same Mercenaries on the list. Each had the same stats as the other(They were Barbarian Peltest yet they're labeled as Spearmen in battle) but one of them cost atleast 50 to 150 more cash to recruit.

They had the same name expect that the second, more expensive one, had a space before its name.

Also, a weird thing happened. I was fighting those pesky Spartan's and they ended up seigeing one of my cities. The next turn the seige was lifted and we were neutral again. Following that turn they seiged me again. For some reason the war was suddenly called off even though neither of us asked for a ceasefire.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn View Post
    Also, a weird thing happened. I was fighting those pesky Spartan's and they ended up seigeing one of my cities. The next turn the seige was lifted and we were neutral again. Following that turn they seiged me again. For some reason the war was suddenly called off even though neither of us asked for a ceasefire.
    I guess this is generall RTW diplomasy bug.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hmm, unfortunately got an end-turn ctd 538 summer, without error message, playing a fine challenging Kyrene campaign, reloads with the same result: Ctd while Sparta or Tarentine turn, not 100 % sure. Have no time to investigate, but could be a character name, trait or anc issue (my guess atm.).
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Hmm, unfortunately got an end-turn ctd 538 summer, without error message, playing a fine challenging Kyrene campaign, reloads with the same result: Ctd while Sparta or Tarentine turn, not 100 % sure. Have no time to investigate, but could be a character name, trait or anc issue (my guess atm.).
    I heard such things happen maybe if people use improper crack versions. :hmmm:

Could you maybe upload the savegame? I have already squashed most of the bugs posted in this thread so should have time to investigate this one now

Lead developer of:

Here's a bug for Lydia appearing on the 3-4th turn but you can play in spite of that choosing continue.Bad is that it appears each few turns.

Another thing is why the soldiers are so dense in battle ?

Another dense one:

Last edited by Dracula; May 14, 2008 at 11:07 AM.

I don't know but normally the movie with the flag doesn't appear if the victory conditions are failed, as the 'options bi' tag in descr_strat.txt normally disables it. Don't know why they appear for you.. will try out some stuff this weekend before releasing the first patch.
    They look rather dense indeed. Don't know if the merging of two units to such a tight space can be fixed but maybe the spacing of hoplite units should be higher, we'll see..
    Thanks for the screenshots, makes it alot easier Looks like you're a little bit too rich, maybe we should implement a money script??

Lead developer of:

Oh noooooo no don't touch my moooneeyyy I have worked so hard to save them...like keeping peace in a settlement with a unit of 4 soldiers only...economy.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Nero, here is the saved game, but it requires 2.2 with my changes: (script 4tpy fix), edu and edb in my fix thread.

@Dracula
    Do you want to implicate, that i use a cracked RTW? Quite laughable.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast