Thread: M2TW with ETW

Default M2TW with ETW

What is the potential with what you have seen so far for us in a Medievel Setting. From 1072-1492.

Will ETW have Civil Wars.

Default Re: M2TW with ETW

No.

EDIT: lol of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but in my opinion (and from what i've heard generally from other users in the ETW forum) a 'Medieval 3" is definitely not a fancied setting.

Oh and about the civil war thing, I don't know, but ive heard there could be rebellions/revolutions and you can choose to side with the loyalists or revolutionaries
    Last edited by Kataphraktos; February 28, 2009 at 07:37 AM.

I don't see the point in a medieval mod. M2TW is nearly as good as ETW and it probably won't take nearly as much work to make a medieval M2TW mod.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Sailor's Avatar Tiro

A Rome mod might be more likely. That is the better liked game of the two here I believe.

I would love to see such a mod.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :usflag:

For me I Liked the rome expansion Barbarian invasion and the EB mod that it. I am more interested in a Medieval setting. I think That M2TW left a lot to be desired and I have seen no truly revolutionary Mods for M2TW like the many of RTW. Only in about 2 mods have I seen team explore the time setting and M2yw still have a lot of Draw backs.

I blame the joke-of-an-AI for M2:TW which no modding could ameliorate.

But I personally would be EXTREMELY interested in a Medieval mod for E:TW, one that starts the game much earlier at the start of the medieval period and carries it all the way through to 1800.

The better melee behavior and new style of AI, not to mention the new territory structure should prove very helpful.

Of course this is contingent on the ease of moddability, and on real desire to do a project like this, because it'll involve A TON of texture and animation work most likely

so you'd like to combine both empire total war and medieval total war??

interesting, but aint that a bit of an extremely tough job??
    with ofc the risk of making the game too big, and having to keep things out.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

I just want naval warfare in RTW and M2TW. If ETW could be modded to just copy what we have already in these 2 games and add Naval warfare it would be enough imo
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightzy View Post
    I blame the joke-of-an-AI for M2:TW which no modding could ameliorate.

But I personally would be EXTREMELY interested in a Medieval mod for E:TW, one that starts the game much earlier at the start of the medieval period and carries it all the way through to 1800.

The better melee behavior and new style of AI, not to mention the new territory structure should prove very helpful.

Of course this is contingent on the ease of moddability, and on real desire to do a project like this, because it'll involve A TON of texture and animation work most likely

The issue is how do you adapt an AI designed to function in the 18th century act like a medivial age faction or a Roman era faction.

The last thing we need is a super-sized coalition fighting the Romans and etc.

How about this start

[IMG][/IMG]

I would definetly love to see this. ETW graphics and all the new features (plus naval battles) in a Medieval timeframe? Yes please!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Agreed. Although it would take a hell of a job to do that.
    Benefits: Theatres. Different map for England or for interesting areas of the world.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    How about this start

[IMG][/IMG]

Instead of Europe, America and Indian major maps, Have Italy, Greece and Carthage with transition smaller maps being Sicily and the Balkans?

But what about Spain and Gaul? Anyone know how many major maps you can have?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

I'd much rather have a Rome mod for Empire.