Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849

Thread: Preview of Eriador (outdated)

Default Re: -- Preview of Eriador --

Thanks Jean. I wanted to actually reply, so I appreciate the move to this thread.

They are only similar in that they are both pole arms. The weapons wielded by the Greenway Sentries are actually weapons that were popular on the british isles during the late middle ages. The weapon in the center is called a lochaber axe and was popular in scotland (where it was invented). In TATW I call the weapon a "Breeish Axe." The other weapon (wielded by the guys on either end) is just one of the many variations of the english bill.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

I personally am dissapointed with these compared to Dale's new preview. Dale's units are much better detailed, much better uniformed and textures are finer.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You mean the old eriador or the new ones?

If you mean the new ones, bear in mind that these are not in-game and very enlarged. I think these look really great compared to the one not-in-game preview of the Bardian Archer by KK and I'm sure they will look great in the game (I think they already do look very good anyway).

I'm 99.9% sure he means new.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    I personally am dissapointed with these compared to Dale's new preview. Dale's units are much better detailed, much better uniformed and textures are finer.
    Well you've got guts for saying it I'll give you that. The quality of Eridor is no worse than that of Rhun (purely from a technical standpoint). Are you disappointed with Rhun too?

The only thing I can address is uniformity. Eriador isn't supposed to be uniform. It's not a unified organized army like Gondor's for example. It's mostly common folk, villagers, hobbits and bandits organized by the rangers trying to "whether the storm" so to speak. So the lack of uniformity is deliberate (it also fits).

And Hermes is right, renders are quite different from in-game screenshots.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; October 02, 2009 at 07:12 AM.

Both,

There is no consistency in the uniforms and the colors are to bright: Greenwood guards, Dunedain Rangers...

The scouts look really tacky, the leaves look pasted onto them.

Overal the quality of textures is nothing compared to Dale, level of detail: notmuch. Poor facial textures....

Could go on.

Edit: Ok, they don't have to be uniform but the kind if colours displayed are too bright, they should be more earthy: I'm thinking Greenwood guards, Dunedain Rangers.... The hobbit units are the best done.
    Last edited by Evan MF; October 02, 2009 at 07:20 AM.

There is no consistency in the uniforms and the colors are to bright: Greenwood guards, Dunedain Rangers...

Overal the quality of textures is nothing compared to Dale, level of detail: notmuch. Poor facial textures....
    DG hasn't previewed those units, you're talking about old Eriador. The only new units preview so far are the Countryside Militia and Greenway Guards.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; October 02, 2009 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    DG hasn't previewed those units, you're talking about old Eriador. The only new units preview so far are the Countryside Militia and Greenway Guards.
    Aw man! Amazing!!!!

You see I currently don't have a fast enough computer to play the game. I only ever played it 3-4 times at a friends house. So I thought the ones at the front (old) where the new ones. Besides, where are the pictures of the new ones? I haven't seen them anywhere in the thread.

I gave you the links in the post you just quoted (the blue-ish words, just click 'em). You even commented on the Countryside Militia. You said they were brilliant but you were "concerned about the faces". Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...44#post5911344

So much for my 99.9%.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; October 02, 2009 at 07:34 AM.

I gave you the links in the post you just quoted (the blue-ish words, just click 'em). You even commented on the Countryside Militia. You said they were great but you were "worried about the faces".

So much for my 99.9%.
    You sure saved me from a rant!

But I don't recall commenting on the countryside militia. The links just take me straight to image-shack. Which page in this thread are they?

Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; October 02, 2009 at 07:44 AM.

No need. But thanks! I would suggest he put these at the front od the thread or get rid of the old ones because it might get confusing for other people with a bad memory or who are new.

Could go on.

Edit: Ok, they don't have to be uniform but the kind if colours displayed are too bright, they should be more earthy: I'm thinking Greenwood guards, Dunedain Rangers.... The hobbit units are the best done.
    Release DG!!!

Oh, wait, he showed some insight...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You sure saved me from a rant!

But I don't recall commenting on the countryside militia. The links just take me straight to image-shack. Which page in this thread are they?
    No...

Oh boy is Evan lucky I kept reading the thread and didn't just respond to the first post he made. LOL.

I'd edit the first post except for the fact that I can't change anything (no moderator abilities, my temper doesn't really permit the use of them by me). Instead Jean, I'll ask you to close this thread and I will start a NEW "Eriador In Progress Preview Thread."

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Oh boy is Evan lucky I kept reading the thread and didn't just respond to the first post he made. LOL.
    Luck had nothing to do with it. You're a reasonable and calm individual who always carefully considers a situation without acting impetuously and comes up with the most constructive and non-confrontational solution.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Yeah, Evan's dodged a big one.

~Closing thread and looking forward to the new one~
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; October 02, 2009 at 09:11 AM.