Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview of Eriador (outdated)

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Re: -- Preview of Eriador --

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    The shafts could be slightly thinner, but the heads should be a lot smaller.
    Yeah that too

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Citizen

Here is my constructive critism.

1. They are too colourful overall
    2. Weapons (especially warhammers) are too big
    3. When I saw the scouts i had to laugh. A green cloak would have been better imo
    4. Where are the Dunedain Rangers?
    5. Too colourful again. The many multicoloured units really disrupt me. Apart from that the colours of most of the units are too bright.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Rangers were wandering all the time in the wilderness. their armour should be more "used".
    It seems too colorful

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Fereveldir View Post
    Here is my constructive critism.

1. They are too colourful overall
    2. Weapons (especially warhammers) are too big
    3. When I saw the scouts i had to laugh. A green cloak would have been better imo
    4. Where are the Dunedain Rangers?
    5. Too colourful again. The many multicoloured units really disrupt me. Apart from that the colours of most of the units are too bright.

1. I like it that way, though I agree
    2. Yeah some weapons should be rebalanced
    3. I think they are fine
    4. It showed up on mine, but the Dunedine Knights and Grey Company did not show up
    5. Can spice things up

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Magic Man's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Damn these look awful.

Hope you dont use them in the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    Welcome to the forums Matrox!!!!
    Thanks!
    This is my first post here, but i was following this forum since November!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    Damn these look awful.

Hmm thts not very nice I know the colours are a bit bright, But I like them.

Citizen

Damn these look awful.

Harsh, but i don't like them that much either.

There are some really good units like the Lumeber-men or hunters, Krechet!

But I think those caps of the upgraded lumber-men look especially in high count really funny/rediculouse.
    I would just remove it, they would still look upgraded enough.

The blue you used for the riders should be less intense (more like the swan knights one) imo.
    Colourfulness doesn´t really fit for factions like Eriador, try to stick more to warm colors like brown, grey.

I also don´t like the scouts camouflage, it really looks out of time, more like a mondern-combat soldier.
    A simple brown coat with a hood would probably do better.

Lastly, the warhammers of the town militia are too big, that size would only work as two handing, (and probably reworking their helemets (half eggs)).

I hope you can get something out of my suggestion/critics.

Harsh, but i don't like them that much either.

I do tend to call a spade a spade.

But c'mon, they look out of place with the Lotr world in general; and definitely look out of place compared to the other factions.

Compare the quality of Mordor/Gondor/Isengard/Mist Mt's/Dwarves with these guys.

Now imagine one of those factions fighting these Eriador units on the battlefield map, would look ridiculous.
    Appreciate the effort put into them, but they are shite.

But c'mon, they look out of place with the Lotr world in general; and definitely look out of place compared to the other factions.

Compare the quality of Mordor/Gondor/Isengard/Mist Mt's/Dwarves with these guys.

Now imagine one of those factions fighting these Eriador units on the battlefield map, would look ridiculous.

Actually I do have to agree with you now Magic Man If Kretchet could change the colour of the units to more darker colours like brown green etc and make the warhammers of the town guard a tad smaller I think then it will look good

Thanx
    Raradir

I saw some good progress from the dale preview. Their faces look great (a bit pointy maybe), but they're hard to make. I actually liked the scouts, but i must agree with Devils_Advocate, they look too modern. The shields of all units are very good. The green you used in some militia units (peasant for instance) are a bit off, but i really liked the one on the halberd unit.

I hope you can fix some minor things, but overally its quite good. The new Dale spearmen got very good after you changed it, im optimistic to see an update .

You made some great progress krechet! +rep
    Only those warhammers are to big and the pink, blue and green colour in one unit is weird still awesome preview
    owh and I can't see the dunedain knights, dunedain rangers and the grey company but I think that's already posted before
    Last edited by King Théoden; February 27, 2009 at 06:43 AM.
    Computer crashed... SAD

Citizen

That's true, they look out of place, but i really appreciate the work Krechet has put into them. I hope they will be reworked though.

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

good work!
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

That's true, they look out of place, but i really appreciate the work Krechet has put into them. I hope they will be reworked though.

Oh yeah definitely, appreciate the effort he's put in, and we've all gotta start somewhere.
    I paint, for example, but i wasnt tip top the first time i put paint to paper.

With a little practice and advice, im sure Krechet could make units worthy of the quality the rest of this mod enjoys.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    There are some really good units like the Lumeber-men or hunters, Krechet!

But I think those caps of the upgraded lumber-men look especially in high count really funny/rediculouse.
    I would just remove it, they would still look upgraded enough.

The blue you used for the riders should be less intense (more like the swan knights one) imo.
    Colourfulness doesn´t really fit for factions like Eriador, try to stick more to warm colors like brown, grey.

I also don´t like the scouts camouflage, it really looks out of time, more like a mondern-combat soldier.
    A simple brown coat with a hood would probably do better.

Lastly, the warhammers of the town militia are too big, that size would only work as two handing, (and probably reworking their helemets (half eggs)).

I hope you can get something out of my suggestion/critics.

Agreed on all, A good job nonetheless Krechet!

Ok in general except the hammers and scouts, not good for Lotr.But what's Eriador anyways ? Never heard of them.

It would be great if you would enlarge your opinion by arguments and not just by saying that´s shite.
    The factions Krechet has made are probably the most down to earth factions in entire Middle-earth. They don´t have spectacular beasts nor are they masters in blacksmithing. They can be compared to common medieval people.
    But I agree by saying that they haven´t yet quality of factions like Gondor. But I guess they will be improved at least for v2.
    Unfortunately Krechet has no visuals from the movie for that work, he can´t compare with anything, that makes it probably terrible straining.
    Further we can be glad that anyone is offering his skills and life-time to make that faction. Let´s show at least some respect, but still calling a spade a spade.

Uhmmm... (forgets what to say)

Cool