Thread: My evening fun

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default My evening fun

I've given up playing computer games for Lent, so my fun for the evening has been diagramming my plans to redo the hetairoi in-game. I think I've figured out how to replace most of the existing units with Spirit of Rob's hetairoi (which are generally better-looking), make some units more historically accurate (e.g., turning the Bactrian Hetairoi into Iranian cavalry, which is really what they are), and still end up saving one DMB slot.

Yeah, my life is pretty boring right now.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Default Re: My evening fun

"giving up playing" still means you can mod and work on the game, though. Just not "enjoy" it XDDDD

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Is lent the catholic thing were you have to give something up for 45 or so days?

Quote Originally Posted by EPIC Elegy View Post
    "giving up playing" still means you can mod and work on the game, though. Just not "enjoy" it XDDDD
    Pretty much. I figure modding isn't actually playing the game, and Caligula Caesar, Despot of Rhodes, and dave987 are helping me do the playtesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slurricane View Post
    Is lent the catholic thing were you have to give something up for 45 or so days?
    Bingo. I usually give up single-player computer games.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    Pretty much. I figure modding isn't actually playing the game, and Caligula Caesar, Despot of Rhodes, and dave987 are helping me do the playtesting.

Bingo. I usually give up single-player computer games.
    Ah kinda funny since I was talking to some girl about this today...she apparently gave up wearing a bra...seriously dont ask me why she enjoys a bra so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Slurricane View Post
    Ah kinda funny since I was talking to some girl about this today...she apparently gave up wearing a bra...seriously dont ask me why she enjoys a bra so much...
    Well, my wife says it keeps things from bouncing around uncomfortably. That's a very strange thing to give up, though. You're supposed to give up a vice of some sort, AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    Well, my wife says it keeps things from bouncing around uncomfortably. That's a very strange thing to give up, though. You're supposed to give up a vice of some sort, AFAIK.
    I don't know...makes me glad I am not Catholic tho..