Thread: problem

Default problem

i downloaded 3.8 and installed it, but the older version (3.7) keeps coming up. atleast i think it's 3.7 because in the start up campaign i don't have the option of mongols or whales. do i have to restart the whole DL process and install everything again, or something, hopefully, much simpler?

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Default Re: problem

I'm no modder nor am I a part of the team.
    However, I'd recommend you uninstall all KGCM components and then reinstall.
    First install KGCM 3.0 then 3.8.
    I suggest you keep hold of the installer files as they really might come in handy.

Someone more experienced and enlightened in KGCM then me might have a better solution for your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Koljan View Post
    I'm no modder nor am I a part of the team.
    However, I'd recommend you uninstall all KGCM components and then reinstall.
    First install KGCM 3.0 then 3.8.
    I suggest you keep hold of the installer files as they really might come in handy.

Someone more experienced and enlightened in KGCM then me might have a better solution for your problem.
    Also delete your kgcm game folder.

Wales should be available in 3.7 anyways so I think your problem might be deeper than that. In 3.8 ALL factions are available from the start. Try running the 3.8 installer again and see if it works. If not uninstall and try again. 3.8 is 99.99% bug-free so you shouldn't be running into this problem at all. Retry and get back to me

so, i uninstalled the game plus removed game folder. reinstalled and still nothing. don't know if this helps or not, i used remove files to uninstall and clicked on 3.7 and it asks if i want to remove 3.8, i hit yes and yet 3.7 file still remains.

ok guys, thanks for the help, but i figured it out. my buddy installed a 64bit version of windows onto my computer for me. and for some reason the game went to the 64 bit program files and the patch went to the original 32 bit. don't know why because i'm pretty dumb when it comes to those things. but it works now. thanks again.

Your going to get rid of KGCM completely, not just 3.8. Here is a short "fix-all" guide to any bugs that works wonder for me, but is time consuming. In strange cases like these where it is most likely installation, not game code, that causes the problems, the following guide will solve pretty much every one.

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    I've had this exact problem in another mod, but not KGCM. What I did for that mod was to uninstall it completely, delete the folder, and start again. Either you installed it wrong or there was some mix up in the automatic installation. In KGCM terms do the following:

-make sure you patch kingdoms to 1.5
    -uninstall KGCM completely, then delete the KGCM folder in SEGA/medieval2/mods or wherever it is located on your computer. This will get rid of any trace of bug that may remain
    -install version 3.0
    -patch to 3.8
    -install display fix if you have not unpacked the main game

Good luck, hopefully this fixes the problem.