Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hip63's 58 BC Caesar Imperator! v1.2 Installer - New download link

Default Re: Hip63's Installer for 58 B.C. - Caesar Imperator! v1.2 Mod for (BI) v1.6 now available for download

You can use the same RTW install as with 77BC. Hope you enjoy the mod, mate.

Default Re: Hip63's Installer for 58 B.C. - Caesar Imperator! v1.2 Mod for (BI) v1.6 now available for download

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    You can use the same RTW install as with 77BC. Hope you enjoy the mod, mate.
    sure i do! Pontic campaign is especially interesting
    thats all i need to know, cheers Salvor

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi, I've installed the CI 1.2 using the Hip63's installer.
    When the game starts, on the second screen at the right-bottom corner it says VERSION 1.0.
    Is it normal or what? because the installer is 1.2.

EDIT:
    Is there anyone alive on this forum and proficient enough to answer me, please.
    Last edited by juvenus; December 30, 2009 at 07:11 AM.

That is correct. I forgot to fix the loading screen.

Is this Modfoldered

All the FRRE projects are mod-foldered.

Thanks! I'll have to download sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    That is correct. I forgot to fix the loading screen.
    Ok then. I just wanted to make sure I'm not playing an outdated version.

Hope you enjoy the modification!

Sure. In fact I'm enjoying it so much that I've taken some books about Caesar's life to find out more about his extraordinary career.
    Well done for this mod, it's so original and different from others......and the way you handled the heavy scripting is just excellent.
    I just hope that the "named" legions in the game are the historically accurate ones.
    I've also tried the 77bc mod, but somehow this one looks better in a way. And of course, can't wait for your next mod.

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    I just hope that the "named" legions in the game are the historically accurate ones.
    Well, Bucellarii uses Classical authors as sources for this kind of things, so I think that they are as accurate as one can expect.

I've also tried the 77bc mod, but somehow this one looks better in a way.
    Quite logical, as 77bc was my first work and is less polished.

And of course, can't wait for your next mod.
    Thanks! You will not be disappointed.

SH I have a question (though I guess there's a logical explanation I still have to ask):
    why the city of Massilia or something like that (coastal region of the transalpine gaul) is left outside Caesar's control at the beginning?

Massilia was a friend and ally of the Roman people. The city still retained its territorial integrity at the outbreak of the Civil War when it sided with Pompeius. Massilia was subsequently invested by Caesarian forces under Decimus Brutus and Gaius Trebonius (Caes. BC. 1.34 -36) and only surrendered after a long and bloody siege (Caes. BC. 2.22).
    Last edited by bucellarii; January 09, 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks!

Thanks for this wonderfull mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoy it.

This is by far the best TW game I have played to date! I'm relatively new to trying out the mods, although I did use one for Medieval II that allowed larger armies to be fielded...IronMan mod, perhaps? I forget. Unfortunately, I am currently out of work, had to return my work's laptop, and am using my father's useless old desktop, so I can no longer run MIITW or ETW. Returning to RTW, which was always my favourite era, I decided to experiment with a mod, to see if I could get more from the game. This is the first I've tried, and I haven't been disappointed. I got the pack together with 77BC and TFT.

I should say I've had a similar issue to an earlier poster, but with TFT...when I start the game, it only has Imperial Campaign as an option, then says "select an item from the list". I will see if I can use a similar fix to that discussed above.

More importantly, however, I have hit a major problem with the 57BC campaign. Caesar is by far the most impressive general and politician I have had the privilege to study...more so even than Alexander, who Caesar frequently felt outshone by! As a result, I have LOVED being immersed in so accurate a campaign. I even chuckled when I made the same mistake Caesar made in invading Britain...I underestimated the enemy, and took chiefly legionaries, with limited auxiliary support...my lack of spearmen meant the British chariots caused havoc among my legions, and, like Caesar, I was relieved to finally quit the island for a return to Gaul.

Unfortunately, having defeated Vercengetorix and captured Alesia with time to spare, I seem to have encountered a bug. I have returned my legions to Southern Gaul and Northern Italy, to unite them with the fresh cohorts raised, and it is the Summer (or possibly Spring or Autumn, but I think Summer) of 50BC. I click the "End Turn" button, and instantly the historical advisor pops up to tell me about a war in the east...but the AI is still cycling through the other factions, and typically CTD occurs when it gets to Parthia. I tried reloading several times, and it does the same thing. I then tried reloading and NOT clicking on a city to reactivate the 4-turns-per-year script, and the same issue occured, but with the CTD happening when the AI reached the Suebi's turn.

I have had numerous CTD issues previously, but just accepted them as a small price to pay for such an enthralling mod. I have suspected my machine might be at fault! Reloading, and just refighting any necessary battles has not been a mojor distraction. But now, this CTD issue is preventing me from reaching the Autumn (or could it be Spring or Winter?) of 50 BC, and like Alexander's men in India, I can advance no further!

This is in no way a criticism. I know that mod-developers do so in their free time and not-for-profit, and I am incredibly thankful for all your hard work! But, please, if anyone can help me resolve this issue, I would be hugely in your debt! Could it be because I captured Alesia earlier than Caesar did? Could it be that two of my generals have died in battle to get here, and are now needed by the script? I forget which two, but I can tell you I have protected Caesar, Marc Anthony, Titus Labienus and Gaius Trebonius, and that oaf Gaius Cannius Rebilus has safely spent most of the Gallic Wars ensconced as a governor in Belgium, before returning to Patavium.

Or, and I hope to all the gods that this is not the case, could it be that this crappy hand-me-down machine I am forced to play with is simply not worthy of your mod?

A fix, a fix...my kingdom for a fix!
    Last edited by Scholar; July 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks a lot for your kind and ellaborate comments. I often mention that posts like this are what compensate the lack of sleep and the stress of things -sometimes- not working. We do not care about hearing things that are wrong in our projects, as long as it is in a reasonable and polite way.

Anyway, if you could please upload your last savegame, I would try to discover and hopefully fix whatever does not work.

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly, Salvor!

I have tried to upload the most recent file, but am getting an error message saying "invalid file". Am I right in thinking I upload by clicking on the attachment button in this reply box? I also tried uploading the previous save game, but got the same message.

Also, I checked and I am running as Administrator, but still having the same problem with TFT. To correct my earlier post, it does have an option for "Start new TFT campaign", but when I click on that it says "Select item from list". There's no list, however. When I then quit the program, I get the following error message:

"Script Error in the_first_triumvirate/data/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_stat.txt, at line 9, column 1.

Expected start date of campaign or battle."

77BC seems to be working fine, but I haven't played in further than a few turns yet, as I got distracted by how awesome the Caesar Imperator mod is!

Concerning uploading the file, try to compress it into .rar or .zip format. Alternatively, just use one of those sites like megaupload.

On the other hand, concerning TFT, have you tried launching the mod via the exe/zip files that are installed in your RTW folder?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast