Thread: I canīt play the mod

Default I canīt play the mod

I installed a fresh RTW, installed BI, used the 1.6 patch, installed ALEX, instaled the mod version 0.92b then patched to 0.94b. I opened the game, everything seem to be running fine, i choose a faction, then when i click play, the previous menu appears, this happens every single time, with every faction and on every dificulty, i tried playing a custom battle but as the battle itself starts to load, the game crashes, sometimes says something about a spartan officer, sometimes it just crashes and i have to reboot my pc. This is very frustrating because for what i can see this is a very good mod =(, can someone help me with this problem?

Default Re: I canīt play the mod

Diegotex, have you applied patch 0.941b? It fixes a few bugs.

yes i did... im unistalling everything so i can reinstall it again, can you tell me what patches to use and stuff? oh and one more thing, do i need XGM to play this?

Even without the last patch you should have been able to play the game. Anyway, you should install patches 0.94b and 0.941b.

both of em?

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

That error is common if you don't have RTW properly updated to 1.6. Make sure your RomeTW-BI.exe "Product Version" under Properties->Version is 1,6,0,0. All the releases work fine. I don't just release completely non-working mods, now do I?
    Also make sure you install Release 0.92, then Patch it to 0.94 and then install the hotfix 0.941, if you want the latest public version.

ok, im going to install RTW, then BI, then ALEX then patch it to 1.6 right?

One thing, i think the links to the patches are broken

Diegotex, check this solution to solve download problems.

It seems that the FTP site hosting the patches has been taken down for now. No real way to fix that...

ohh hamburguers, i think im screwed now

Found a temporary fix for the not working FTP addresses. Hopefully the problem will be solved and all the signatures etc will work normally again.

Got it, it works now

can i download 1.6 after i got xgmd

Yes, since DTW has a specific mod-file, it doesn't overwrite your original game-files. Therefore both XGM and DTW are playable.

You need 1.6 to play this mod... Please read the information in the download thread. There is a reason it's filled with all that annoying text that all of you seem to blatantly ignore.