Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Ancient World IV (PL for now) or III.1 (Polish and English version)

Default Re: The Great Ancient World 2 FINALL (will be released soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Conqistador View Post
    great i'll see the descr and i will check it, i will help in more descrs today, in the afternoon
    I have a suggestion, you could prepare it to me in this manner?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

{samnite} Samnite warriors

{samnite_descr}
    The samnites belong to one of the numerous tribes who lived in the Italic Peninsula and were slowly conquered by the Roman military machinery. These soldiers act like heavy infantry and it is hoped that they fight with hardness any enemy. The battles of Trifano in 338 b.C and mainly the victory on Rome in Horca Caudinas in 321 b.C., where the samnite general Gavio Pontio defeated the Roman consuls Spurio Postumo and Tito Venturio Calvin demonstrates the effectiveness and bravery of these troops. Finally the samnites were defeated in the Battle of Sentino (295 b.C). Every warrior wield a great shield and a spear, and wear the typical samnite type cuirass.
    These troops are recruitable in the Italic Peninsula, and can serve anyone as mercenaries.

{samnite_descr_short}
    The samnites belong to one of the numerous tribes who lived in the Italic Peninsula and were slowly conquered by the Roman military machinery.

and order in this thread send me description of units on a private message

Use bladerunners "shortpike" pack for your hoplites to make spears shorter. As hoplites wasnt wearing Sarissas

KLA units in Hoplites 2.0 with shorter pikes
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by jakobh94 View Post
    Use bladerunners "shortpike" pack for your hoplites to make spears shorter. As hoplites wasnt wearing Sarissas

KLA units in Hoplites 2.0 with shorter pikes
    as good an idea before I saw the package but forgot about it

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Caesar Augustus View Post
    I have a suggestion, you could prepare it to me in this manner?

{samnite} Samnite warriors

{samnite_descr}
    The samnites belong to one of the numerous tribes who lived in the Italic Peninsula and were slowly conquered by the Roman military machinery. These soldiers act like heavy infantry and it is hoped that they fight with hardness any enemy. The battles of Trifano in 338 b.C and mainly the victory on Rome in Horca Caudinas in 321 b.C., where the samnite general Gavio Pontio defeated the Roman consuls Spurio Postumo and Tito Venturio Calvin demonstrates the effectiveness and bravery of these troops. Finally the samnites were defeated in the Battle of Sentino (295 b.C). Every warrior wield a great shield and a spear, and wear the typical samnite type cuirass.
    These troops are recruitable in the Italic Peninsula, and can serve anyone as mercenaries.
    {samnite_descr_short}
    The samnites belong to one of the numerous tribes who lived in the Italic Peninsula and were slowly conquered by the Roman military machinery.

and order in this thread send me description of units on a private message
    Hello to Everybody,
    should I suggest to change "Horca Caudinas" in "Furculas Caudinas", and the names in Gaius Pontius Telesinus, Spurius Postumius and Titus Venturius...
    They would look more latin ...

ayeaye Sirs

ok change it
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by JOHANNES View Post
    ok change it
    Sorry, but I have made a mistake ... concerning Roman Consul names, that are Titus Veturius Calvinus and Spurius Postumius Albinus.

ayeaye Sir

{italian_hoplite} Italian Hoplites

{italian_hoplite_descr}
    Hardy\nSapping Ability\nCan Form Phalanx\n\nThe basis of nearly all military power in Greece once revolved around the hoplite. Operating in phalanxes, or tightly grouped blocks, these men are a powerful force against infantry or cavalry.\n\nHoplite tactics are simple: formations generally approach the opposing army in normal order, and then close ranks into the phalanx so that each soldier is protected by overlapping shields. Then it is simply a matter of closing with the enemy as quickly as possible to decide the battle. Well trained, these troops have great stamina, and are some of the most effective soldiers in the known world.\n\nItalian Hoplites are from Etruscan origins (people that was linked with the Greeks): Etruscans were the supremacy in Italy, until the Celtic invasion weakened his power, leaving them vulnerables to a recently rising force of their own creation: the Romans. Once conquered by Rome, they made excellent allies. These hoplites were generally drawn from families with decent resources, as they need to supply his equippment. Their armour consists of bronze chestplate, reinforced greaves and the large hoplon shield. Every man carries a double point spear and a sword for closer combat.

{italian_hoplite_descr_short}
    Italian Hoplites are the former Etruscan infantry backbone, fighting in the same fashion as the greek hoplite: in the formidable, if slightly inflexible, phalanx formation.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

so little manage to prepare? probably need to postpone the premiere of modifications ....

plz on battle pics

RS Beta Tester - Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Hoplite85 View Post
    plz on battle pics
    OK
    well, I do not have time to do pics, here you have pics from version "Alpha"

Nice job !

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Ok these are the pics from the Polish site. Just elaborating as not mentioned,battle pics of Roman vs Numidians and Carthage units. Detailed and quite artistic!

Default Re: The Great Ancient World 2 FINALL (will be released:April 2009)

It seems to me that the modifications will be released in April
    only have to make it, with descriptions of iunits, guys

congrats
    i like very much the units

Default Re: The Great Ancient World 2 FINALL (will be released:April 2009) (looking for modellers make descriptions of units or events!!!)

Tiberius, 50% of the unit's descrs are done. i think all will be done in 3-4 days

ps.: this mod isn't dead!

Default Re: The Great Ancient World 2 FINALL (will be released:April 2009) (looking for modellers make descriptions of units or events!!!)

Good to hear, keep it going pal, can't wait for this mod!!!

thx, it is nearly released

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I like the climate-specific Legionary Cohorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I like the climate-specific Legionary Cohorts.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by portvcale 1200 View Post
    congrats
    i like very much the units
    Thanks

In first post there is second part of new units
    look there!

Johannes make descriptions! you are very good!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Are you going to be adding any more settlements to southern Greece? With such a large map scale, it looks empty with just Athens, Corinth, and (I'm assuming) Sparta.