Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 3rd Tyranids invasion has turned to the land of Orks, what happens next?

crazyorc's Avatar Biarchus

Default The 3rd Tyranids invasion has turned to the land of Orks, what happens next?

I assume the bugs will be waaaghed by the green-skins.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: The 3rd Tyranids invasion has turned to the land of Orks, what happens next?

Well, beast may be happily fighting barbarian now, who knows??

Wait, I thought you are only interesting about Roman??

crazyorc's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: The 3rd Tyranids invasion has turned to the land of Orks, what happens next?

I have been a fan of green-skins for several years.

Orks are probably thanking Gork & Mork for the endless fight.
    Ugly as the north end of a pig going south

гурманска пљескавица пуњена ролованом пилетином и умотана у сланину, па све то у кајмаку

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

I assumed the 'Nids were going to steamroller the Orks :S

This is going to be something pretty nasty, to say the least. If the Tyranids do come out on top then there is going to be a lot of crazy Ork genetic material added to the works. If Human DNA created Genestealers, then I'd hate to see what the powerful Orks will add to it. If the Orks win then it might well give their Warboss enough confidence to go on another huge Waaaagh! across the galaxy. Either way, I really didn't think it was a great idea to create that corridor of dead planets, but who am I to argue with the Will of the Immortal Emperor?

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Nids win ---> Orky Nids will go on a rampage

Orks win ---> One big bad ass Warboss will go on a rampage with a massive Waaagh, after the other Orks here about it.

Either way, Empire can breathe for a second but it's only the calm before a really big ing storm. My guess is they're planning to give one of the other races something new as well to counter what's coming.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

What Maraud said, essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraud View Post
    Nids win ---> Orky Nids will go on a rampage

Orks win ---> One big bad ass Warboss will go on a rampage with a massive Waaagh, after the other Orks here about it.

Either way, Empire can breathe for a second but it's only the calm before a really big ing storm. My guess is they're planning to give one of the other races something new as well to counter what's coming.

Yeah, they will probably make the poor Okrses fight each other when the big bad warboss meets Gazkul. Even if they will have fun.
    Ugly as the north end of a pig going south

гурманска пљескавица пуњена ролованом пилетином и умотана у сланину, па све то у кајмаку

cfmonkey45's Avatar Praeses

So if Horus can come up with a planet killer, and the Imperium has virtually limitless supplies of men and material (or at least for this operation), why not counter attack this, and target their planets with a planet killer of their own. Why not conjure a warpstorm and consume them (not all warpstorms lead to Chaos per se, see storm of the Emperor's wrath)?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by cfmonkey45 View Post
    So if Horus can come up with a planet killer, and the Imperium has virtually limitless supplies of men and material (or at least for this operation), why not counter attack this, and target their planets with a planet killer of their own. Why not conjure a warpstorm and consume them (not all warpstorms lead to Chaos per se, see storm of the Emperor's wrath)?
    Because Tyranid is annoying??

A few surviving fleet can recreat a new Hive Mind again...

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by cfmonkey45 View Post
    Because the loss of a planet is a serious blow to the Imperium? The scorched earth tactic they've been using recently has already left quite a few planets barren, and those are resources the Imperium needs.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

cfmonkey,

With regards to a warpstorm: Yes, they do not per se lead to Chaos, but there is still a very real possibility that Chaos could enter through it, or at the very least be drawn towards it from other ends of the galaxy. Apparently the Imperium deems that such a course of action is not the best for the moment :S

cfmonkey45's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Maraud View Post
    Because the loss of a planet is a serious blow to the Imperium? The scorched earth tactic they've been using recently has already left quite a few planets barren, and those are resources the Imperium needs.

These planets aren't even controlled by the Imperium, which in and of itself spans several billions of worlds--the loss of a handful are just like chump change, even if they are manufactorums or hiveworlds.

From reading I cant help feeling that some presents the imperium of man as something with close to unlimited resources, manpower and so forth. The reading I did many years ago left me with the impression that the empire was vastly outnumbered by its enemies, and was fighting for survival everyday, in an almost desperate struggle. That the imperial guard were the main forces who served as cannon fodder who was slaughtered regularly, and the space marines were relative few and the terminators were even fewer. I recall reading about field medics harvesting the implants of dead space marines because they were rare etc.
    lol

Actually sending the nid off to a chain of orkish planet is a way that GW give them a stable place in the 40k universe without having to write up an epic plot changing experience of slaughter and destruction.

That has happened before, squigs are actually orks that had been altered by genetically altered Tyranids.

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

What happens next? The seriously most bad-ass bloodbath ever seen.
    And if the Tyranids win?
    Then the Inperium have no chance in hell - there are a lot of orks.
    And what is an ork in the eye of a Norn Queen?
    Yup, Biomass.
    Ad what does Biomass equal? Billion more tyranids.
    Now consider the amount of Biomass the nids can consume on one Ork planet.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

If the Tyranids were serious about wiping out the Orks they could very easily do it. All the Tyranids have been doing to the galaxy is have a bit of poke around at it with their fingers.
    Last edited by Helm; February 26, 2009 at 01:44 PM.

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    What happens next? The seriously most bad-ass bloodbath ever seen.
    And if the Tyranids win?
    Then the Inperium have no chance in hell - there are a lot of orks.
    And what is an ork in the eye of a Norn Queen?
    Yup, Biomass.
    Ad what does Biomass equal? Billion more tyranids.
    Now consider the amount of Biomass the nids can consume on one Ork planet.
    then again, orkz get bigger and more badass, the more they fight, thus fighting tyranids would most likely create some huge and powerful warbosses etc... For example ghazkull and his orkz grew a lot stronger when they travelled in a space hulk and the gellar field in the vessel collapsed, thus pouring in warp monstrosities. So orkz got good practice right before 2nd war for armageddon.

and there are probably huge numbers of orkz in the wh40k universe. So basically were da orkz ever to fight concentrated against tyranids, it would take loadsa tyranids to take em down. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ork_Physiology

Though it is correct that carnifexes are derived from ork dna, tyranids probably do have "limited" resources. I mean they cant properly replenish the biomass unless they take over planets and consume them I think.

So in that sense the imperial strategy of fighting nids; bait them to attack full force on a planet, just as defeat is inevitable and the planet is swarming with nids, bomb the shite out of them and annihilate the planet and all nids planetside. Then the tyranids bioships will not get back any biomass and will lose the one that they spent trying to overwhelm the planet, which in turn might leave the bioships themselves more vulnerable to fleet attacks?

problem is that imperium doesnt have the planets to kill off all nids in this style . Were such a feat even possible, it would leave imperium very weak to outside attacks by chaos and other races. I remember one occasion mentioned in the backstory when a Inquisitor released some genestealers on an Ork world, which steered some sort of Tyranid attack away from the path of humans towards some ork empire. This would be the most benecifial long term strategy for the imperium probably...
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Da Orks gonna be cutt'n n' bashin Da puny bug boyz until dey gone, den we Orks gonna be ready to bash da puny ummiez cu's we gotz us bigga from lots of healthy fightin from Gork n' Mork!!!
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast