Thread: Uniform Mod (Seven Years War)

Default Uniform Mod (Seven Years War)

Just thought I'd throw it out to see if any texturers would be interested in working on an historically correct uniform mod. I can supply detailed pictures of correct uniforms for the major factions.

And maybe to slow down unit movement - it's a bit fast in the demo to represent the stately nature of 18th century combat.

For example, a minor change in the British line uniform to give it buff facings with lace like:

Or changing American Line Infantry to have buff facings such as:

Yes, I realize that most regiments had their own facing colors and such - the purpose would merely be to use colors that are more iconic of a particular faction. Yellow facings for Prussia would also have to go.

Anyone interested?

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Default Re: Uniform Mod (Seven Years War)

Interesting...too bad my texturing is sub-par...

Thank you very much. I do, however, have plenty of print sources in addition to online sources.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Quote Originally Posted by schoenkoenig View Post
    Thank you very much. I do, however, have plenty of print sources in addition to online sources.
    I will have to look at the textures once the game comes out. I may be able to help a small amount..

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

I might be able to help. Only if I get an upgrade for Empire though. I've done plenty of skinning before and know how to use Normal maps ect. I must admit, I'm not a fan of the current British skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    I might be able to help. Only if I get an upgrade for Empire though. I've done plenty of skinning before and know how to use Normal maps ect. I must admit, I'm not a fan of the current British skins.
    They're very generic, aren't they?