Thread: Removing family members

Default Removing family members

A pet peeve of mine is that any family member needs to be on the family tree.
    In PE and EXRM the only faction that has family members not on the family tree are the Seleucids. Its just two members, Molon and someone else, but I kill them off in battles asap and make sure they don't have any kids.

In RR, as the Romans, there are just too many family members not on the family tree, so is it possible to mod them out along with their kids etc?
    If not, its going to take me an awfully long time to get them together to get them all killed.

Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Removing family members

Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar One View Post
    In RR, as the Romans, there are just too many family members not on the family tree, so is it possible to mod them out along with their kids etc?
    Sure, descr_strat is the file you're looking for. My advice is that you turn them into captains. That way you'll keep the troops but not the characters.

Presumably they will not have kids then?
    How do I do that by the way?
    Just change them to generals?

I'm looking at the file, and I can't make head nor tail of it.
    The female family members don't seem to have corresponding names in the descr_strat file.

How about adding some of them to the family tree?
    How do I do that?

1. About not having corresponding names. This is beceause we've made changes in names.txt ( found in the text folder ). This is the easiest way of changing a characters name. But you do need to look out so that you write the correct name in descr_strat, else you'll get a ctd.

2. No, they will not marry or have kids unless you accept them into the imperial family through "Man of the hour".

3. If I got it right, you want to keep them as generals ( i.e. characters with traits and all that ) but not want them to marry or have kids that pop up? If so, all you have to do is to remove them, and their wives, from the character_record and the relative lines in descr_strat. By doing this, they will still be characters but not have kids ( unless through "MotH" ).

4. If you want to get rid of them all together and keep them only as captains, you need to remove them from the lines as I wrote above, but also change named character to general and remove their traits and ancillaries.

From this:

HTML Code:
    character	Telemachus, named character, age 26, , x 150, y 78
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1, Christian 1, ChristianArianHeresy 2, GoodCommander 2, Brave 1, BattleScarred 1
    ancillaries office_comes_domesticorum_equitum_east, mercenary_captain
    army
    unit		equites clibinarii			exp 3 armour 2 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		gothic foederati infantry		exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		gothic foederati infantry		exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		western archer				exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		western archer				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		equites sagittarii			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		equites catafractarii			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		dalmatian auxilia			exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    ...to this:

HTML Code:
    character	Telemachus, general, age 26, , x 150, y 78
    army
    unit		equites clibinarii			exp 3 armour 2 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		gothic foederati infantry		exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		gothic foederati infantry		exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		western archer				exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		western archer				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		equites sagittarii			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		equites catafractarii			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		dalmatian auxilia			exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    5. To add them into the imperial family from the start, you'll need to add them in the right relative line ( father first, then wife and then sons/daughters ) and do the necessary adjustment to the character_record. You need to make sure that the sons are of an apropriate age in comparison to their fathers/mothers. You also need to make sure that husbands and wives are about the same age, preferably making the wife a few years younger. Also remember that a character can't have any more than four children.

I think that's it, but be sure to back up your files before tampering with them!
    Last edited by Joar; February 23, 2009 at 09:32 AM.