Thread: CTDs

Default CTDs

I've been playing RM2 for a couple of weeks now. However, when I get to a certain point in the game and I click to end a campaign turn, I get a CTD.

Any ideas? I've tried resetting the video parameters to the lowest, but no luck.

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: CTDs

Hi mate,

I got the same thing playing sicilians i think (but i am not a expert in this ) its got somme thing to do with auto save i got the same thing while playing and next turn a CTD and started to play from where i wos left (autosave) and after 4 times CTD i started playing sicilians over and no problem yet

Thanks. I'll check it out.

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

I hope you find it

I did what you said, I opened a game and played it through to 1280, saving as I went. This morning, I tried opening it up but got a CTD.

Now, I'm using Vista OS but that shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone out there has had similar problems and have resolved them please let me know. Also, if anyone has played through to end of the game please let me know.

In the meantime, when I have the time, I'm going to reinstall everything to ensure nothing was corrupted during the downloading.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

:hmmm:Seems to be quite a common problem with RM2 unfortunitly, and no it has never been resolved 100%. The hotfixes are generally supposed to sort these problems out and they do, but not on all computers it seems!
    I had rm2 installed on two different computers, works almost fine on one computer, but on my other one it CTD's every time, when I either finish my turn or I load a game from the night before and usually at around the same time period as you. very frustrating to say the least. Hopefully RM3 is a ground up rebuild because if it isn't, the problem will continue on some computers!:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    : Hopefully RM3 is a ground up rebuild because if it isn't, the problem will continue on some computers!:hmmm:
    I was afraid you would say that. Thanks. I'll try another faction. Maybe it's just the English.