Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: -- Preview of Isengard --

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Default Re: -- Preview of Isengard --

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzor View Post
    For the Heavy uruks: I don´t see why ALL uruk need to have helmets, sure as hell they look badass, but I think it looks better with some variation, at least you could remove the ancient greece thingy on top of their head on some.
    I disagree. Isengard's uniformed units are a nice contrast to Mordor's complete lack of uniform.

What about turning some of the swords around aswell? I mean, that pick they got at the top would do more damage pointed at the enemy after all
    Even orcs aren't stupid enough to wield their swords backwards, why should uruk-hai be?

For Scouts: Definately needs a rename
    I suggested Raiders or Pillagers a few pages back.

Also I kinda liked those helmets showned in a picture some pages back, wouldnt be totaly bad to have them in I think
    Agreed, I like those helmets.

For Berserkers: Needs to have an alternative skin, either with no painted hands or painted in different places to accompany the already existing one, perhaps some of them could have a small wrist-shield? Or at least some plate bracers
    I think they'll have varied paintings, but I oppose armor. They look more badass without it, in my opinion.

For all units with a shield: Some white hand variations on the shields, Even tough this was never depicted in the movies I don´t think it´s too far fetched for some uruks to have thier alligence painted somewhere
    They have the white hand on banners. I don't think it'd look very nice on their shields, it'd destroy the "black tide" effect.

I´m not demanding these changes too be made, I just got a thing going for variation
    There's plenty of variation among the other factions.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir the Istari View Post
    Even orcs aren't stupid enough to wield their swords backwards, why should uruk-hai be?
    I meant that those pointed swords would do greater damage by hacking the opponent with the hack instead of just slashing them with the broadside, I also have a memory that some Uruks had swords where the "hack" was at the front in the movies, or at least that there were some where both side were sharp

I meant that those pointed swords would do greater damage by hacking the opponent with the hack instead of just slashing them with the broadside
    Wielding them the right way doesn't prevent them from using the pointy thing.

I also have a memory that some Uruks had swords where the "hack" was at the front in the movies, or at least that there were some where both side were sharp
    Berserkers. Take a closer look at their weapons and you'll see.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Wielding them the right way doesn't prevent them from using the pointy thing.
    They just have to turn their wrist a bit so the pointy thing is in fornt when u swing.

You are crushing my posts Mith

I was just trying to come up with some variations, my post had a pure intent of giving some ideas about how you could vary the uruks, as I said I really like variation in armies

Quote Originally Posted by muffer View Post
    They just have to turn their wrist a bit so the pointy thing is in fornt when u swing.
    Or swing from left to right.

I was just trying to come up with some variations, my post had a pure intent of giving some ideas about how you could vary the uruks, as I said I really like variation in armies
    And I have a different opinion.
    Please, don't take it personally.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

That's the point Isengard should be all that uniformed. There are 2 factions that have a very uniform and disciplined army. Gondor and Isengard. IMO they are the best factions.

You're forgetting Elves and Dwarves, but I agree with your point.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

God damn the miracle of industrial production for making army equiping boring

And damn me for arguing against you, I suppose?

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir the Istari View Post
    And damn me for arguing against you, I suppose?
    No, not at all, I always enjoy trying to prove a point, even the pointless ones you´re entitled to your own opinion in the matter

Damnation all around then.

You're all going to H - E - double hockey sticks

(I'm just messing, btw)

The Isengard faction looks really great. Would be cool to see some wild men and some runty orcs in a later release. +rep Alletun!

Kiam's Avatar Miles

The Preview looks awesome!
    I look forward to the mod
    + rep
    My new drive...motivation and experience in my own way....you need a WHY to keep going!
    Though time don't last...though people do! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNQhuFL6CWg

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    The Isengard faction looks really great. Would be cool to see some wild men and some runty orcs in a later release. +rep Alletun!
    Snaga units will be part of their roster, I'm guessing you'll see those in the OoMM preview.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

oh man this is hot!!!

well its not that I don't like the work. I do think its great and I wish I could do something around this. However take a moment and look at the dwarfs and then Isengard I just scene something is missing hard to explain what - as I told maybe they feel to clear or more variety is missing. Now I know it was a hell of work to do what you guys done at such amazingly fast paced but I do feel less variety in the last published works its like the small details starting to slip.

I must find time to search for a scanner and put some ideas here. by the way I got a great scatch for fan art - I will post it as soon as I find a scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Like_Me View Post
    However take a moment and look at the dwarfs and then Isengard I just scene something is missing hard to explain what - as I told maybe they feel to clear or more variety is missing.
    See Mith? I´m not alone

You may love Lord of the rings
    "Por mais terras que eu percorra não permita Deus que eu morra sem que volte para lá."

Brasil, acima de tudo.

gee8648's Avatar Civis

on the last screenshot, i love the attention to detail on the back of the Uruk helmets... I think its how precise the modders are and how detailed they get that really sets this mod apart from others. You may not notice these things in game.. but the fact that they are there really really takes this mod to a new level. I don't throw compliments around like a lot of people do. But everytime you post a screenshot it always blows my mind. You sirs are raising the bar in the modding community.
    My tattoo. Three wolves woven into a Celtic knot.

I also felt that way, and the units seemed (let me finish!) badly done, like they were all a opaque/rusty/ironish/black, until i noticed they were supposed to look that way, and only then i noticed the amount of detail in his work.

I remember now the shields dont have white hands. In the movie, when saruman was building his army in isengard, there seemed to be some variation in the weapons and helmets. it is possible the problem is in my memory though.

One last thing, the uruks swords (or whatever they are called) look round, like pipes as someone said, because of the light reflecting only in the middle of the sword, as it would in a round object.

Oh, and i still think some white hands could be painted on the uruks (i think they were in the movies? you probably know better though), but i really cant tell where. If im wrong just forget what i said.