Thread: -- Preview of Isengard --

Default Re: -- Preview of Isengard --

super!

would like to see different faces and helmets. i hope it will be

+rep

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    After forging a shield what do you use to cool it down again ?
    Exactly, water and it's not like they would clean their shields before first use. (Although I don't know what kind of metal they use):hmmm:
    Firstly, soaking metal in water for a minute straight after its been forged, doesn't make it rust. Second, why would they use rusted armor? I can break rust with my bare hands, imagine what an iron sword would do. It would be more of a danger then protection. Rust would be ridiculous.

Amazing preview. If I liked Isengard more in the books and movies, this would definetly be my favourite preview. The armour is class and it seems that you also have a skill for taking screenshots Alletun.

The only thing I'd ask would be if the pikes could be a little bit longer at the bottom. Its nothing major and is probably not worth the effort but I just think it looks a little strange that they can hold it upright, with one hand and without the support of the ground

3,000 post!!! About ****ing time too

As awesome as always. Keep up the good work!

I was really looking forward to see your Isengard preview. However I was a bit disappointing I was really looking for more customization more units and maybe even Saruman

It doesn't feel like Isengard something about the army feel to clean not aggressive and maybe even not alive enough I suggest more work will be done on them. While I really like all of middle earths factions I think Isengard is almost my favorite and it just feeling not good enough.
    Your gondor, Mordor, Harad and dwarves previews were awesome really good stuff ! how ever the rest is a bit weaker. The elves probably were complicated but give me a couple of days or a bit more and I will draw you some scatches, Dale is pretty good but to colourful however from all of those Isengard is most important for me

amazing units. good job

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Firstly, soaking metal in water for a minute straight after its been forged, doesn't make it rust. Second, why would they use rusted armor? I can break rust with my bare hands, imagine what an iron sword would do. It would be more of a danger then protection. Rust would be ridiculous.
    Eventually it can form rust although salt water makes it rust faster (it's difficult to prevent rust if you don't use certain types of metal or a coating or other things to protect the steel) and I didn't mean rust all-over the shield, just a few spots here and there. I guess it is not that important, hence the suggestion. Btw did I mention I liked the units ?
    Last edited by Radboud; February 20, 2009 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Like_Me View Post
    I was really looking forward to see your Isengard preview. However I was a bit disappointing I was really looking for more customization more units and maybe even Saruman

It doesn't feel like Isengard something about the army feel to clean not aggressive and maybe even not alive enough I suggest more work will be done on them. While I really like all of middle earths factions I think Isengard is almost my favorite and it just feeling not good enough.
    Your gondor, Mordor, Harad and dwarves previews were awesome really good stuff ! how ever the rest is a bit weaker. The elves probably were complicated but give me a couple of days or a bit more and I will draw you some scatches, Dale is pretty good but to colourful however from all of those Isengard is most important for me
    Mordor,Harad and Dwarves where made by KK
    I like the units but maybe you can tell what you don't like about them so he can ( maybe) change that.

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Like_Me View Post

Are you serious? I strongly disagree.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Amazing units, one of the best previews so far! +rep

Citizen

I think the legs should be a little darker...

Apart from that, good Preview.

Awesome units. Solid work all around Alletun.

yep.....after i'm the high elves the first evil will definitley be Isenguard!
    But, will they hav an advantage in strength over the other evil powers?

Individually, yes. They'll be more expensive than orcs, of course.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

finally isengard great work

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

Oh I just saw what is weird in this uruk-hai. look:

This marks red place. Their aren't on units . This is a little detail, but IMO change very much

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

The unit pictured all the way down those are Uruk-hai Pikemen as well, right ?:hmmm:

ok...thnks

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    The unit pictured all the way down those are Uruk-hai Pikemen as well, right ?:hmmm:
    Yes.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

so they will hav only 1 city @ 1st till they start dominateing the Rohirrim(probly not spelled right)?

Fantastic job Alletun!! +Rep

a few things I noticed are:

The warg heads should be a little less pointy, its more like a big blunt head in the movies, and is it me or do the scouts/bowmen differ in quality with the heavy uruk hai, the heavy ones look way better to me.

nonetheless an awesome job Alletun!