Thread: How do I get un-excommunicated?

Default How do I get un-excommunicated?

I just got excommunicated by the Pope for attacking a fellow Catholic faction after a warning. Now, it's happenned to other computer factions, that they become Christians again. Now, I don't want the English to get an excuse for attacking me, so how can I be unexcommunicated?
    Also, I shouldn't logically be in this situation! The Pope is at war with the one I'm at! "You attacked the Sicilians! I'm excommunicating you!" "But you're fighting them as well!" "Uh...cancel alliance...."

Default Re: How do I get un-excommunicated?

"Also, I shouldn't logically be in this situation! The Pope is at war with the one I'm at! "You attacked the Sicilians! I'm excommunicating you!" "But you're fighting them as well!" "Uh...cancel alliance...." "

Clearly this particular pope is either senile or a loon. It is your duty as a good Catholic king to send waves of assasins to kill him. Not only will it save the Catholic world from his mad ravings but it'll nullify his excommunication upon you.

Alternatively you could withdraw your forces from attacking the Sicilians, fight a purely defensive war or try to make peace, while at the same time have a bunch of priests preach good Catholicism in your lands.

Personally i'd recommend you kill him and do it quick before your provinces rebel. Happy hunting

Never thought of getting loads of priests before...although, I need the Pope alive to bless my Crusade...

Icon14 Re: How do I get un-excommunicated?

Quote Originally Posted by Marquess of Shades View Post
    "Also, I shouldn't logically be in this situation! The Pope is at war with the one I'm at! "You attacked the Sicilians! I'm excommunicating you!" "But you're fighting them as well!" "Uh...cancel alliance...." "

Clearly this particular pope is either senile or a loon. It is your duty as a good Catholic king to send waves of assasins to kill him. Not only will it save the Catholic world from his mad ravings but it'll nullify his excommunication upon you.

Alternatively you could withdraw your forces from attacking the Sicilians, fight a purely defensive war or try to make peace, while at the same time have a bunch of priests preach good Catholicism in your lands.

Personally i'd recommend you kill him and do it quick before your provinces rebel. Happy hunting
    It worked! Much appreciated.

Spartan90's Avatar Campidoctor

Just gift the crap out of the Pope. Eventually he will like you enough to reinstate you into the Church. Other than that, assassinate him

"It worked! Much appreciated. :original: "

Glad to have helped. Out of interest, did you assassinate him or get yourself back into his good books. Also, had totally forgotten about gifting the crap out of him, as Spartan90 suggests.

I just recruited about 20 Bishops, and that's all it took.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Are you guys really discussing MTW and not the sequel here?

I have played that game way more than what is healthy for me and I never seen or heard anything like this. To me it sounds like you guys are mistakenly discussing M2TW here in the MTW section of TWC. It sure sounds crazy to me but the things you’re actually saying sure suggest it (gifts is kind of a blatant M2TW concept). Because, you can’t deliver or offer any “gifts” at all in MTW to the pope or any other faction leader. You can make and suggest alliances, and you can bribe troops, but not any rulers – the pope is a ruler/leader thus you can’t bribe him. It simply is not possible within the game. This is hard-coded….

The only way I know to terminate an excommunication is to either kill the pope or the king who is excommunicated. That’s it. Period. Someone simply has to die before any excommunication is lifted anywhere. Either by natural causes or by “artificial” means. So….

Is this really MTW that you guys are discussing here? Or did perhaps your king (or possibly the pope) die while you were requiting your 20 bishops? If this is not the case - this sure is news to me. And which version of MTW are you running then? Because I would be interested in replicating it so I could see it all with my own two eyes.

So, I would be interested in a reply on this one.

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; March 07, 2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Make things clearer...

Spartan90's Avatar Campidoctor

Oops you are right Axalon, please refer only to my post if you're playing M2TW only. My bad..

Well, originally I was talking about MTW, but I suppose Spartan got it wrong. I don't recall all the events of my country, but I'm fairly certain neither my King nor the Pope died, so it must've been the bishops.

I was definitely talking about MTW as i've not played MTW2 enough to get excommunicated. Killing the pope or my king was definitely my most used method of getting unexcommunicated so i cant truly remember if my second suggestion had much success. On the other hand i think it would be hard to miss the death of either your king or the pope. Plus having looked this up i see some people say they've been unexcommunicated by making an alliance with the pope so???

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Well, it seems that there are only one sure way to find out is there? As in test it. If some of you guys beat me too it, please post your results here. As for my self, I am a bit busy working with redux for the time being. If all this turns out to be true, it sure is news to me.

- Cheers

Throw the pope some out of the way territory. That'll getcha back in the pink. Then flood the city with spies, bomb the bejesus out of the buildings, then walk back in to claim it when the revolt begins. The pope won't know what hit him.

hey is anyone knows how to help another faction unexcomunicated???

Quote Originally Posted by jokamachi View Post
    Throw the pope some out of the way territory. That'll getcha back in the pink. Then flood the city with spies, bomb the bejesus out of the buildings, then walk back in to claim it when the revolt begins. The pope won't know what hit him.
    Hi

Like Axalon said, YOU'RE ON THE WRONG BOARD!

This place is for (the original and best) MTW.

Best regards
    Victor

Sapere aude
    Horace