Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Senator

Default Star Wars: Battlefront 2

This is a video game that any Star Wars fan would like. In this game, there is 3rd person or 1st person shooter option. Players can choose between 2 Time eras(The Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War), with 2 Factions per era(Clone wars= Galactic Republic, and the C.I.S.[The Confederacy of Independant Systems], Galactic Civil war= The Rebel Alliance, and the Galactic Empire), and can fight 2 Battle types(Land and Space). Each faction has 8 Types of Soldiers:

Basic Infantry(E.g=Clone Trooper, Super Battle Droid, Rebel Soldier, and Stormtrooper),

Aussalt Troops(Clone A.R.C. Trooper, Aussalt Droid, Rebel Vanguard, and Shock Trooper),

Snipers(Clone Sharpshooter, Assassin Droid, Rebel Marksman, and Scout Trooper),

Engineers(Clone Engineer, Engineer Droid, Rebel Smuggler, and Imperial Engineer),

Commanders(Clone Commanders, Droidekas, Wookie Warriors, and Imperial Officers),

Special Ops(Jet Trooper, Magnaguard,Bothan Spies, and Dark Troopers)

Pilots[Space only](Clone Pilot, Pilot Droid, Rebel Pilot, Imperial Pilot)

and Marines[Space only](Clone Marine, Droid Marine, Rebel Marine, and Imperial Marine)

I will post more Information in time, because writing a full guide isn't my Intention

Senator

Default Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2

ok someone else can post now

I love this game! i want it so badly for the PC, especially after watching the movies!
    I would totally buy a Battlefront 3.

You do know that it's out for PC for quite a while now do you?
    it's even around for normal sale around 10€ over here.

About the game itself: I think it's a quite interesting and refreshing game because of it's not very usual setting for a shooter but uh... that's about it. The rest is just the usual shooter game.

Lord Feloric's Ambassador's Avatar Biarchus
    I live on a distant planet, a planet ruled by the Great Lord Feloric.

My Lord found it fun for awhile. At first the battles seem large and intense, but once he learned the tricks he swept the map clean in every game.
    All Hail Lord Feloric

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Better than lord of the rings conquest...

Senator

I like the Death star map on Clone wars the best. I always choose the clones ftw!

I always deploy in the CP right above the Fire station(the laser shooter thing). I choose a clone trooper and throw grenades like mad then charge in with a blaster rifle volley!

Senator

How come no one has posted in this?

Battlefront 2 was good but the first one was better. They got rid of all the cool maps in the second from the original.
    Sophisticated dragon

True. There are some rather nice ones they've added in the second part but they've taken out quite a lot of good - if not even better - maps from the first game. Like the Geonosis map - the one from the first game really is vastly superior while the one from the second game is pure

Overal the first game was better, but the second one brought a lot of excellent new ideas to the series. And yes, they did get rid of a bunch of the better (and frankly larger) maps. They did make some good enw maps, but they didn't really replace the ones that were lost.

And being the Jedi/Sith/heroes and playing four player is totally awsome, especially when you do the space levels. Dogfights are great against other players. Too bad they got rid of ALL flying vehicles for the ground maps.

Like the Geonosis map - the one from the first game really is vastly superior while the one from the second game is pure
    That was one of the best maps in the entire game. It had everything in it! Good sniping locations, just about every vehicle from that era, HUGE map....good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Jeb View Post
    Too bad they got rid of ALL flying vehicles for the ground maps.
    You've still got snowspeeders on Hoth.
    Then again they would have been extremely stupid to take those away because the Rebels would be totally against the AT-ATs because it takes ages to destroy one with defensive turrets, rocket launchers or light sabers (yes, I've tried all of them).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Wait a moment - the AI still is too stupid to hit an AT-AT with the cable... ok, the Rebels are generally as good as dead on Hoth.

Just remember the Rhen Var map from part one where you're even lacking any serious firepower apart from those tanks that get torn to pieces anyway. There's nothing bad about a serious challenge though...
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 18, 2009 at 09:29 AM.

The first one was better by a long shot I enjoyed it far longer than number 2.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

What a game, Rebel Smugglers Ahoy!

Senator

And The Jet Tropers are a nice touch too.

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

They were very good for their time. I played both with my friends a lot.

Senator

Nice to hear that there are so many fans!

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

tis a nice game.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Senator

I probably like Droidekas combined with Invincability the best. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Seleucid king View Post
    I probably like Droidekas combined with Invincability the best. Lol.
    There kinda annoying, most Republic game goes like this advance, encounter a Droideka, wait until someone gets a rocket launcher up, advance again, encounter a Droideka. rinse, repeat.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast