Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War Announcements

Default Re: Amazon: Total War Announcements

Ha! It would work for The Nine Worlds Total War (interesting idea there). However, I found some trees I could edit. Now the Hesperides Wonder is taken care of. I just need the text and a movie.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Erzin's Avatar Laetus

What effects will these wonders have? I'm thinking the Stonehenge could have a happiness bonus of some sort, but with the tree thing I have no idea as I have never heard of it.

The effects are hardcoded, and outside of the initial happiness bonus you receive whenever you take any wonder, no one knows what they do, if anything.

There is a sneaky way I found here to add your own effects by editing the EDB, which I will probably do. I am not sure what effects I will use yet. Maybe a law and farming bonus for Stonehenge, and perhaps a health or growth bonus for the Hesperides.

The Hesperides were nymphs who guarded a sacred garden in Greek Mythology. Depending on who was telling the story it was on an island or near the Atlas Mountains. Among other things possessed a sacred apple tree guarded by a dragon. Its golden apples granted immortality.

For my purposes, the Hesperides are a group of small islands off the Libyan shore, where one of the first Amazon tribes - the Tritoni - lived, along with Medusa. See the Gorgon campaign description for more. Even though it had to be abandoned, it remained a sacred place to the Amazons.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

The wonder is, well, wonderful!
    And as a side not, I look stunning in heels!

Quote Originally Posted by YMCA LEGO View Post
    And as a side not, I look stunning in heels!
    Yummy!

Hey you did it! I thought you were going to get stuck with Jack's beanstalk.
    I do enjoy watching you implement these wacky ideas SubRosa.

No beanstalks for me. I am full of beans!

I have mostly finished implementing the two new Wonders. I only have to decide what effects to give them. Although I have a pretty good idea now that I have finished the descriptive text for them. The Stonehenge one will give a farming and law bonus, while the Hesperides will give a public health and law bonus.

I may need to scale down Stonehenge a bit however...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stonehenge

Stonehenge is an ancient site whose construction was begun in 3000 BCE, and continued for 1500 years after that. The heart of the site is a circular bank, ditch, and counterscarp bank of about 330 feet in diameter. Within this lies the Sarsen Circle, about 108 feet in diameter, and comprised of 30 upright sandstone blocks that stand on 13 feet tall and are evenly spaced at approximately 3 to 4 feet apart. They support lintels forming a continuous circle around the top. Within this lie ten Trilithons, upright stones arranged as five freestanding pairs each with a single horizontal lintel. They are set in the form of a horseshoe with the open side facing north-east towards the main entrance of the monument. Within this turn lies the altar stone, a large dressed block of sandstone that is 16 feet long, 3 feet 6 inches wide, and 1 foot 9 inches thick.

None can say with any true certainly what the original creators of the site used it for, and it appears to be served more than one purpose. However, it has been found to contain many burials, indicating that it was certainly a holy place. It is also an astronomical calculator, which cannot be an accidental occurrence. Its stones can be used to calculate the solstices, equinoxes, lunar eclipses, and other events.

The Hesperides

The Hesprides are a group of islands laying off the coast of Libya. It was here that the Amazon race first came into being, before the written recording of time. The ancient Amazons built the great city of Hesperia here, the likes of which was unsurpassed in the ancient world. It architecture was marveled at by all who visited, and its deep vaults were said to hold innumerable treasures. Yet the Hesperides were best known for their sacred apple trees, which only grew in a single grove at the center of the island. It is said that the golden apples of the tree could heal any sickness, and even bring immortality to those who ate them.

A terrible earthquake destroyed the ancient city, forcing its inhabitants to flee to the mainland where they later became known as the Gorgons. Many treasure-seekers and adventurers have braved the ruins in the millenia since, hoping to find some lost Amazon treasure, perhaps even the sacred apple trees themselves. While any loot that might have been here was long since absconded with, none have ever found the grove of the sacred apples. Legend has it that the seeds of those apples still wait hidden somewhere on the island, and that if a person might find them, they might replant them in other, more hospitaple places and reap their mythical benefits.

congratz subrosa!
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Killer SubRosa! Is the henge from the game or did you find it somewhere else? It looks alot better than I have seen on the battlemap. Maybe because we see it close up.
    Good job.

That is the same one from the battlemap. I just converted it from an ITEM file to a .cas. If you look over in the models and skins modding section you will see the process was not without problems. But with the help of Halie I eventually got it done.

However, unfortunately I have not been able to get the effects to work using that guide of Dol Guldur's. The faction_capability code is not working. So it looks like the two new Wonders will be eye candy only unless I come up with some other work-around. Although you still get the temporary happiness bonus you receive when you first take any Wonder.
    Last edited by Subrosa Florens; June 27, 2009 at 06:21 PM.

I have replaced the Spanish Bull Warrior model and skin with a new one, and given them a new name, the Devotio. The skin and name are courtesy of Punic Total War, which sadly went defunct, but made their work open-source. These Devotio are only one thing of theirs I will be porting over into ATW.

Last edited by Subrosa Florens; June 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM.

If I might ask, what are you using for the faction capability code?

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

I was using this:

Code:
    		faction_capability
    		{
    		population_health_bonus bonus 3 requires hidden_resource hesperides
    		construction_time_bonus_other 20 requires hidden_resource hesperides
    		farming_level bonus 2 requires hidden_resource stonehenge
    		construction_time_bonus_religious 30 requires hidden_resource stonehenge
    		}
    I put it in the code for all the governors buildings, between the capability section and construction line.

Code:
    building core_building
    {
        levels governors_house governors_villa governors_palace proconsuls_palace imperial_palace 
        {
            governors_house requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, amazon, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit "carthaginian peasant"  0  requires factions { spain, } 
                    recruit "barb peasant"  0  requires factions { britons, dacia, gauls, germans, scythia, } 
                    recruit "carthaginian peasant"  0  requires factions { carthaginian, } 
                    recruit "east peasant"  0  requires factions { eastern, } 
                    recruit "egyptian peasant"  0  requires factions { egyptian, } 
                    recruit "greek peasant"  0  requires factions { greek,  } 
                    recruit "roman peasant"  0  requires factions { roman, } 
                    agent diplomat  0  requires factions { amazon, } 
                    recruit "amazon peasant"  0  requires factions { amazon, }
                    recruit "sarmatian herdsmen"  0  requires factions { romans_brutii, }
    }
    		faction_capability
    		{
    		population_health_bonus bonus 3 requires hidden_resource hesperides
    		construction_time_bonus_other 20 requires hidden_resource hesperides
    		farming_level bonus 2 requires hidden_resource stonehenge
    		construction_time_bonus_religious 30 requires hidden_resource stonehenge
    		}
                construction  1 
                cost  400 
                settlement_min village
                upgrades
                {
                    governors_villa
                }
            }

And of course the hidden resources were in place. Did you try testing the lines outside of the faction capability section?

Yes, the hidden resources are in Descr_Regions and at the top of the EDB, and map.rwm deleted (lots of times). I copied and pasted them from one file to another so typos are not an issue either.

I did try the code outside of of the faction_capability section. I saw some of them appear in the governor building description (I do not think the game is hard-coded to display the lowered construction cost). However, when testing stonehenge I checked the farming level of the settlement and noticed it had not changed. When it should have had a 1% bonus from the wonder. So even though it was showing up in the building description, it was not actually working. That part strikes me as really odd, since it was just adding a normal capability with a hidden resource.

In other news, another addition thanks to Punic Total War, new generals for Carthage, Numidia, and Iberia.

Did the city have farms? I've noticed that farming bonuses won't show up unless there are farms present. Also you could check how long it would take to build the type of building discounted.

It did have a level 1 farm already, and the bonus for that was showing up correctly.

The trouble with checking the building type that was discounted was that I would need a high tier building to see. After seeing the farming bonus was not working I did not bother with using cheats to get a city up to high enough a level to check if those were working or not.
    Last edited by Subrosa Florens; June 28, 2009 at 08:40 PM.

excellent general!
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Those Punic Total War guys sure did good work. It is a shame their mod folded.

Still working on updating textures with things donated from other sources.

The last donation from Punic Total War, a new shield for Iberian Scutarii:

I finally got that texture on the Armenian Legionary shield, courtesy of luke_liddle:

Now it is on to linothoraxes, shoulder pads, and shields donated by Halie Satanus:

Greek Marine

Cretan Archers

I still have a few more of Halie's goodies to apply, and then that Thracian Heavy Spearman of Andalus'. Then I can get going on the Bean Sidhe.