Thread: Campaign Length Mod

Default Campaign Length Mod

Just spitballing here, but wouldn't a good mod be one that lengthened the campaign from a mere 200 (or so) turns to something more epic and in line with the other games in the series? Going from 1630 to 1830 would be (imo) a more appropriate time frame. Having your tech go from pike and matchlock up to the cusp of percussion cap rifle toting armies would be more faithful to the past games in which you continually improved the fighting abilities of your armies. Sorry if this is a double or triple post, but I couldn't seem to find anything overtly similar with the search function.
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Default Re: Campaign Length Mod

I agree sounds like an interesting idea.
    Originally Posted by orko
    I demand northern Ireland! it is the most powerfull, unified and internally peacefull nation in the world with no inside comflicts and religious feuds!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karma
    Lol, send in a load of Irishmen and get ready to see people to start flying out windows!

either that or have 4turns=1 year
    we might be able to change the system so that two winters follow two summers, creating the illusion of fall, winter, spring, and summer
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Theseus1234 View Post
    either that or have 4turns=1 year
    we might be able to change the system so that two winters follow two summers, creating the illusion of fall, winter, spring, and summer
    Ya, that's been done in some mods for M:II and Rome.
    Originally Posted by orko
    I demand northern Ireland! it is the most powerfull, unified and internally peacefull nation in the world with no inside comflicts and religious feuds!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karma
    Lol, send in a load of Irishmen and get ready to see people to start flying out windows!

Yeah 4 turns to year has been done (and very well too I may add), although I'd like to see the progression I mentioned above 1630-1830(pike/matchlock formations to what we see in Napoleonic wars). I'd love to be able to play as the Swedes in Germany in 1632 and keep Gustavus II Adolphus alive! It would cover an IMMENSE amount of warfare, from the 30 years war, to then English Civl War, to the Great Turkish War then the War of Spanish Succession, the war of the austrian succession, the 7 years war, the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Napoleonic wars...god the possibilities (while not endless) are enough to boggle the mind!
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Definatly something I would download!
    Lets hope someone with the skill would be so kind and make one.

I would really love 4 turns per 1yr, but cash only once a yr. It would be more realistic i think

Definately a worthy idea, it is rather odd how CA decided to skip ahead to 1700 instead of starting from 1600. Missing out on how gunpowder became the dominant force in warfare is something that should not have been overlooked.

Is it really only 200 turns? Thought I read somewhere it was going to be more then that. Agree though would really like to see this game start somewhere in the early to mid 1600's, get to feel the true rise of gunpowder as well as the early days of the European empires.