Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1100 AD Campaign

Default Re: 1100 AD Campaign

What about Kwahrezm? it is possible to give them only one or two provinces at start.in all my games around 50 turns they just smash Ottomans.When Mongols came Kwahrezm win with them all the time.Kwarezh is overpowered at beginning this campaign.

Maybe adding some new nation in this region will be more balanced Abbasid Empire for example
    Last edited by Ponti; August 30, 2009 at 06:58 AM.
    I didn't know that there are so many idiots, until I began using Internet. -Stanislaw Lem

Quote Originally Posted by Ponti View Post
    What about Kwahrezm? it is possible to give them only one or two provinces at start.in all my games around 50 turns they just smash Ottomans.When Mongols came Kwahrezm win with them all the time.Kwarezh is overpowered at beginning this campaign.

Maybe adding some new nation in this region will be more balanced Abbasid Empire for example

By 1100, the Abbasids were under Seljuk Turk rule. So while technically an Arab state, they had Turkish rulers. In my mod, I gave the Turks some areas around and including Baghdad to represent this. I know that the Turks were far from a unified faction at this point, but neither were the French or Germans. In testing this, the Turks had a better chance against the Kwarez's, but maybe they should be looked at as well. I don't want to make the Kwarez so weak that the Mongols roll right over them. I appreciate your feedback and would encourage more on this topic.

Thanks for answer.Your early campaign is implemented to patch 6.2 with RC here U can find my suggestion about Early Era campaign

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...255030&page=16
    I didn't know that there are so many idiots, until I began using Internet. -Stanislaw Lem

I here your redoing Scotland what are the roster changes?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    I here your redoing Scotland what are the roster changes?
    I dont want to say to much until I am ready to present, but lets just say it will be more representative of the actual armies of Scotland, not of Braveheart (by the way-did you know William Wallace was renowned as an archer, not a swordsmen? There is speculation that he fought earlier against Edward in Wales-perhaps he picked it up there). Highlanders were a small part of a Scottish army- small population, poor and it would have taken a long time to get from the highlands to the lowlands, even by horse-if they could afford it. Generally,
    -less highland units
    -more rank and file swordsmen
    -better early spearmen
    -better late units- upgraded Border horse (Reviers), Lochaber Axe
    -slower recruitment of knights
    -faster, more mobile, less armoured troops
    -access to one unit of French cavalry through auxiliary barracks

Do you think you'll add Georgia since Georgia Timurids edition died out?

Do you think you'll add Georgia since Georgia Timurids edition died out?
    Not sure since CasearClivus has all the unit models. It is a joint project between CC, Point Blank and myself and it is not dead, just sleeping. If I am not mistaken, PB has put the Timurids back into one or more of his campaigns. For now, I am just going to let Ireland and Knights Templar be dead factions, giving room for more units.

Wasn't Y2day working on it too? Btw nice units +rep.

Wasn't Y2day working on it too? Btw nice units +rep.
    You are correct, my mistake. +rep for showing me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Awellesley View Post
    You are correct, my mistake. +rep for showing me up.
    Yeah thanks for the rep actually I didn't even know you or Point Blank were working on that project. Have any idea when you will awaken it because didn't Y2day like retire from modding or something? Also, that fact about William Wallace's archery was very interesting.

Yeah thanks for the rep actually I didn't even know you or Point Blank were working on that project. Have any idea when you will awaken it because didn't Y2day like retire from modding or something? Also, that fact about William Wallace's archery was very interesting.
    Not sure and I cant speak for that project. Lets just leave it as on hold.

Here is Wallace's seal from the Scottish National Archives-note the bow on the seal. There was apparently an arrow as well, but it has understandably faded in 700 years.
    Last edited by Awellesley; November 26, 2009 at 01:41 PM.

That seal's quite interesting. Also, could you add back in the Christian Lithuania script?

That seal's quite interesting. Also, could you add back in the Christian Lithuania script?
    Problem with that is the AI does not handle it well. This has been discussed in depth in other places, just cant think of them now.

[Ignore this post]
    Last edited by Asparagus; September 06, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

First off, I have been playing with RR/RC for some time now and I really enjoy it's inclusion of this mod. With the upcoming inclusion of Norman units for the English (something I proposed a while ago but was shot down because it was said to diminish Sicily's uniqueness), I see your work as being a great addition to PB's RR/RC compilation. However, I have a few gripes in regard to the 1100 campaign, which deal mostly with the Crusader States.

- Crusader States generals: They start out with only the FL and FH. Historically at this time, Joscelyn de Courtenay would have been in control of Edessa and Bohemond de Taranto would be in control of Antioch. Having only 2 generals puts the Crusader states at a supreme disadvantage, not only for the player, but for the AI as well (as they never expand are are always overrun by Egypt). I would suggest the inclusion of these two generals in their respective cities to at least make the CS a competitive power.

- Crusader States starting units: Extremely costly to start off with, considering the low income and negligable replacements. Also, there is not much available for them in terms of taking free cities surrounding them. Armenians of Cilicia are great archers, but extremely costly and not useful as the main besiegers. Maranai are useless. Crusader Knights are not worth much in a siege without supporting units or an open gate. Their only real option are Dismounted Crusader Knights, which are low in supply and can not be replaced. The Crusader states have almost no viable units at game start to expand, even though the Levant was full of Frankish Knights and other mercenaries that aided in the quick expansion of Crusader lands. I don't see those type of warriors (knights or mercs) being represented at all.

But the overall roster directly influences what they can start with, which I guess leads to my next issue...

- Crusader states roster: The roster is not very good at all. It is extremely weak. Maranai become the most plentiful unit, although historically that never was the case, and they are a very, very weak unit. The best, and greatest number of units, come from the Knights Templar. Now I like their inclusion, but I dislike how they are implemented. The wait time starts after the Council of Troyes, so you can not have them for at least 7 turns after that event. Also, there are too many Templar units. I would suggest cutting down their number a bit and add some more basic units for the Crusader States roster...

Continuing from above, the Crusader States need a better basic roster. I really like the BC roster, but am not saying to copy what they have. Basically, the Crusader States had Knights and other Men at Arms, but they are not represented outside of the Jerusalem and Antioch Knights. I would suggest adding Mailed Knight type units, Medium Spearmen, Swordsmen, and/or upgraded Mounted Knights and Foot Knights. Replenish Rates should be low to represent their scarcity, but those options should be available to them. I would suggest keeping the Templar units as the elite for the CS, but not their only units worth a damn in combat.

Also, Edessan Guard can be recruited from anywhere (why not only Edessa?), same with Knights of Antioch and Knights of Jerusalem. I think all of those units should only be recruited in their respective city. Make them all available earlier, but increase the wait time and replenish rate.

Otherwise, I really enjoy this mod, but would like to see the CS be represented a bit better for the military power it was. Heck, even Saladin was afraid of the CS taking Egypt, so that's why he lept at the chance.

@Seether- if you look back over the past few pages, you will see that I am developing a new Crusader States roster. Check back later in the next week or two and tell me what you think. I can ensure you that it will be much more fun and historical. This roster will play up the Latin strengths and weaknesses much more. Appreciate the feedback.

DELETE
    Last edited by Seether; September 06, 2009 at 06:02 PM.

Will make sure to check out the new roster when it's ready and give feedback on it.

What are your thoughts on adding those two starting generals for the CS?

And, when included with PB's RR/RC, how much of your 1100 mod remains the same or how much is changed? Anything specific that comes to mind would be appreciated.

Also, again props to you for giving the early English the use of Norman units. Great job on that!

Will you redo France?

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Will make sure to check out the new roster when it's ready and give feedback on it.

What are your thoughts on adding those two starting generals for the CS?

And, when included with PB's RR/RC, how much of your 1100 mod remains the same or how much is changed? Anything specific that comes to mind would be appreciated.

Also, again props to you for giving the early English the use of Norman units. Great job on that!
    If I may answer, as much remains intact as possible, any alterations (aside from unintended omissions) mostly come from assigning unit categories (eg Early pro, Feudal) to units and how that then affects the recruitment of those units. I added some late-era units to the Crusader states roster, eg arquebusiers so it would be a more viable late-era faction, but they wouldn't be noticed until the later years. Also for next release gave them spear militia to recruit besides just Marinai. Look forward to seeing AW's next update