Thread: ~ Empire: Slaves and Colonies

Default ~ Empire: Slaves and Colonies

Empire: Slaves and Colonies

Hey all. I'm really looking forward to Empire:TotalWar, but I'm a bit
    dissapointed by a few things. For example; No Slavery, No Indonesia,
    No important trade with the Chinese.

I saw some mod proposals for the Whole world, it's much too difficult to
    get that, with all those extra factions you need.

I want to start a mod just for making the campaign much better, just like
    Stainless Steal for Medieval 2.
    First of all; the following maps:

Europe, North Africa and the Middle-East.

The Americas.

And most important; Asia.

Slavery.

Look at the squares you see at the first map in the west of Africa,
    My thoughts were to made that to "Slavery Point"
    If you take one of these 2 regions, every city/town in your colonies (Everywhere except on the continent where your Capital begins) will get an higher income with 5%/10%/15%/20% (say what you think what's good).
    The problem of these slavery points are that they will be protected by a big army (not strong, only big).
    And when you have them, the public order will go down a bit, because there will be more people, so you need more soldiers in your colonies.

Now you'd think; "I take them both; much income for me! "
    That wouldn't be nice anymore, we can fix that like;
    1. If you have a second one; that wouldn't help, no extra incomes.
    2. The more realistic one; It wont give you that much income again, because your population
    will be much less happier then before, the things you have to do to keep them happy will cost to much.

?? I thought about it, when the Slavery Points are taken bye a faction, The Kingom of Marocco wil get an extra income too, you have to see them like the Slave-sellers(don't know the correct English word). Good idea ??

(Trade with) the Chinese.

I'd like to put a faction or 2 at the north east of India,
    A strong China ofcourse and another faction, but I don't know which
    which strong nations their were.

Trade rights with the Chinese have to be very important!
    The Chinese first didn't want to trade with the Europeans, and it will be hard to get Trade Right with them!

No trade rights = No trade AT ALL.

Indonesia

This is the most dissapointing thing to me,
    Their is no Indonesia on the Asia map.

Without Indonesia, the United Provinces (Netherlands) are nothing!

If you look at the green part, there have to be the "Atjeh Rebels"
    The Dutch gave them their freedom because they can't break them.
    It will be a kind of a pirate faction but with a strong land army,
    that tries to ambush every enemy that is comming on their lands.
    In the wars against them, that was their strength!

Historicly it was a pirate faction, since the Dutch left them alone.

Rebel factions

If you ask me, there will come a rebel faction again,
    all rebels will just have their own flag, pirate or not.

South-America

I can't find the Empire:TotalWar map of the Americas anymore,
    but I'm almost sure their wasnt (almost) not a South-America.
    There were colonies of Spain, Portugal, France, United Provinces and England.
    Maybe we could put all the other lands in one single faction; South-America Rebels.

I'm really not sure about this part of the mod.

A small thing.

We should put the Arctic Ocean (above Sweden/Norway/Russia)
    at the end of the map.
    The see has to be open above Sweden, then the Russians can put their
    ships to the West-European seas without assaulting the baltics or something.

Would be more realistic.

This is just;
    The Idea.

I really want a team for this, and make this mod a good one!
    I haven't experience with making mods, and will just give you an idea.
    This seems me realistic to make.
    Last edited by Discipline; February 16, 2009 at 04:58 PM.

Default Re: ~ Empire: Slaves and Colonies

Might just work, would bring a full bucket, full of realism into game.

I can help with some (basic, because this year I'm full of work) reserach on south america dude.

Just a brief:

ETW has made a whole campaign on the US "road to independence" altough the entire 13 colonies were, at that time, less important to England (and so, to other countries as well) than a single carribbean isle.

South America, who used to be, by all means, the "gold pot" of the americas, the most important region on the continent (due to it's vast riches and fertile soil) wasn't even represented on the map.

To make a good mod, you would have to represent at least the Vice-Roy of south america (I don't remember it's name right now), the lands of the Lusitan and, later on, the Brazilian-Lusitan Empire, and (depending on the mod timeframe), either tupi and guarani (can be a single faction I guess) native indians, as a faction or as a mini-faction inside the "Rebels" faction. Might have some more in there, but the main stuff is this.

Quote Originally Posted by xzyx View Post
    I can help with some (basic, because this year I'm full of work) reserach on south america dude.

Just a brief:

ETW has made a whole campaign on the US "road to independence" altough the entire 13 colonies were, at that time, less important to England (and so, to other countries as well) than a single carribbean isle.

South America, who used to be, by all means, the "gold pot" of the americas, the most important region on the continent (due to it's vast riches and fertile soil) wasn't even represented on the map.

To make a good mod, you would have to represent at least the Vice-Roy of south america (I don't remember it's name right now), the lands of the Lusitan and, later on, the Brazilian-Lusitan Empire, and (depending on the mod timeframe), either tupi and guarani (can be a single faction I guess) native indians, as a faction or as a mini-faction inside the "Rebels" faction. Might have some more in there, but the main stuff is this.
    Hey man, thanks for offering your help! I thought whole of South-America was shared between Portugal and Spain, later the French, The Dutch and the English.

England: Guyana,
    United Provinces: Suriname,
    France: France-Guyana,
    Portugal: Brazil,
    Spain: All the rest,

When Napoleon take control of Portugal itself, the royal family has been fled too Brazil, and made Rio de Janeiro even the capital of the Portugese Empire(!).

But, when I can get a team for this mod, we can probably change the time frames of Empire:TotalWar, maybe even until the independent of the countries there.

* BUMP *

Yeah actually I was summarizing it. Brazil = Luso-Brazilian Empire, and later, Brazilian Empire. The dutch had possessions on Brazil for a short while, then they moved to some island on the carribbean (don't remeber which right now). French had the French Guyana. Rio was the capital, after the Royal Family fled in 1808. Spain had a vice-roy to control their possessions (AKA the rest of south america). It would be interesting to depict the Tupi and Guarani indians who lived here as well (there were -and some still are- a lot of tribes, but those were the most important). Depending on the time frame (I'll check this better later, don't remember things very well now), the indians would be either some sort of faction (tough they were nomadic...) or just rebels pumping out everywhere. of course they would have to have their own models, names and such. Some worked as mercenaries at some time I think, others allied with the portuguese, and some resisted.

It's is of major importance to depict the Jesuit Missions as well... they were important economical centers where Jesuit priests would coordinate converted indians to do things, and generated a good revenue. Of course eventually they bothered someone and were banned, but there's where my knowledge stops. If you take on this mod, I'll dig some thing tough (if I got free time).

I've released a world map mod based on my Eras Total Conquest mod's map. This map covers the whole world, works with vanilla M2TW, and can be used in any other mod.

It can be downloaded here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2290
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I've released a world map mod based on my Eras Total Conquest mod's map. This map covers the whole world, works with vanilla M2TW, and can be used in any other mod.

It can be downloaded here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2290

Do you realize how much factions you have to add, and what much time that's gonna take? What kind of a team you need for that?

Laetus

Is this being worked on?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Last post is from 2009 so I assume the mod is dead.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Last post is from 2009 so I assume the mod is dead.
    i hope not i really want to see this happen, this person had a great idea and i think that the west indies could even be expanded to make it a completely new theater and having china a valuable trade partner but china not being explore able, and putting English, French, Prussian and Spanish colonies on the coast of Africa doing the same for south america would be great also making new ships, units and factions for the natives there on the coasts, in-cooperating new trade items such as weapons and slaves i would also like to see the diplomacy fixed and new state gifts and fixing the CAI and the BAI this would basically be the stainless steel for empire.
    also replacing the lame empire music with the much improved napoleon music is also a good idea