Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: IB2 VANDALS CAMPAIGN SCREENSHOTS

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Default Re: IB2 VANDALS CAMPAIGN SCREENSHOTS

This is from Wikipedia:

The currently accepted range for the use of the armour is from about 9 B.C. (Dangstetten) to the late 3rd century A.D. (León). Its use was geographically widespread but chain mail may have been more common at all times.

As you can read here: the LS never replaced the LH!

Chainmail was lighter (about 10 kg instead of at least 13 kg of the Ls), more flexible and much faster to dress with!
    Last edited by Bernardius; May 17, 2010 at 09:29 AM.
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardius View Post
    Chainmail was lighter (about 10 kg instead of at least 13 kg of the Ls), more flexible and much faster to dress with!
    Well, according to Adrian Goldsworthy (The Complete Roman Army) lorica hamata (10 kg - 15 kg) was a little heavier than segmentata (~9 kg). Where did you get that info?
    Last edited by Praefectus praetorio; May 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

As it is said in my post, i got the info from Wikipedia!

There are different types of the hamata and in this wiki artikle it is said, that in the late romen period mostly the lighter version (max 10 kg) was used.
    on the internet i found a short chainmail with only 6 kg!
    the link: http://www.battlemerchant.com/Griech...r-M::1820.html

but anyway, as a matter of fact, chainmail succeded over segmentata...
    Last edited by Bernardius; May 25, 2010 at 05:01 PM.
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Default Re: INVASIO BARBARORVM 2 SCREENSHOTS

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistatore View Post
    Downloading this mod now. Just looks epic. I've been wanting to play Rome Total War for a bit but couldn't go back to the poor AI and primitive graphics. This mod looks perfect for me!
    Should of played IBFG SAI for RTW. That mod was beautiful.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardius View Post
    As it is said in my post, i got the info from Wikipedia!

The mod is great, as per usual, Rio

I'm not as fond of the Vandals/Hispanic situation, so I'm more enthusiastic about the EoR and Britannia submods. Nevertheless, it's fantastic and you should be very proud. I enjoyed my WRE campaign thoroughly and it has me really pumped for the others

Quote Originally Posted by seriousbusiness View Post

The mod is great, as per usual, Rio

I'm not as fond of the Vandals/Hispanic situation, so I'm more enthusiastic about the EoR and Britannia submods. Nevertheless, it's fantastic and you should be very proud. I enjoyed my WRE campaign thoroughly and it has me really pumped for the others
    Its great to see you over here seriousbusiness
    Hope things are well and thank you..

Ramon, Nevada and midnite deserves much of the credit. I jumped in when much of it was done but with midnite, we morphed it a bit to where it is now
    Edit: Thanks to gigantus for cleaning up the mod and giving it a polished, professional look!
    -Wait till you see midnites new units!

It will only get better we are going to re visit and upgrade the campaign after we complete Britanniae..and thats coming soon.
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 19, 2010 at 11:05 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

HUNNIC BATTLE AAR

Prelude

A Hunnic horde, headed by Karidach, has been ravaging Noricum & Dalmatia for 6 months in 431 AD. Finally, a Roman field army is sent to meet the invaders. The army is under the command of Marcellinus, Governor of Dalmatia, a competent general, but viewed with suspicion in Ravenna due to his loyalty to Aetius and manifest idolatry.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Roman army deploys on a hillock, the Hunnic horde on the opposite ridge (and all around). Marcellinus' front line is made of Comitatenses, with Aux Palatina on the wings; the second line is made of heavy archers; auxilia are left as reserve units. Classically, clibinarii protect the left wing and Marcellinus holds the right, with candidati & promoti.

(Note that I have replaced the yellowish sprites of the Roman inf)

Marcellinus takes the initiative and Equites Dalmatae (right wing) attack Karidach's light archers - they are soon repulsed, with heavy losses. Hunnic horsemen counter-attack. Promoti charge from the right and clibinari from the the left - several torqhan squadrons engage in melee fight with their heavy maces and battle rages on.

Hunnic torqhan & steppe archers suffer heavy losses, but Roman cavalry retreats (in good order) to counter outflanking manoeuvres on both left & right. The Roman infantry is harassed by heavy arrow fire. Then the Huns attack frontally, while the Alan heavy lancers charge the Aux Palatina on the left. The Romans form the shield wall.

The Roman left wing is too strong (thanks to the armored cavalry), so Karidach tries to break the right wing with massive cavalry charges. Marcellinus' candidati and Promoti are decimated - eventually, the Roman right is outflanked, but reserves fly to counter Karidach's move: exculcatores & aux Illyricani route the enemy.

Karidach goes for broke and sends all his residual forces on furious frontal attacks, but the Roman shield wall holds on.

Marcellinus takes advantage of the exposed right flank of the Huns and orders a massive charge to the 3 turmae of clibinarii on the left wing: the enemy is routed ! Karidach flees the battlefield with less than 100 men.

The clibinarii take the ridge and Marcellinus redeploys his army there - just in time for Ashina's massive attack. Bodies and corpses pile in front of the shield wall and impede Alani's shock attacks - Ashina himself is slain. His horde routes.

Heroic victory - battle duration (deployment excluded): 78 minutes

Last edited by Morfans; December 10, 2010 at 01:06 AM.

just amazing AAR and awesome Huns u got +rep

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by THE IBERIAN View Post
    just amazing AAR and awesome Huns u got +rep
    Thanks, mate.

You will be sorry to know that Marcellinus fell in a later battle (Summer 433 AD) - however, his captain, Magnus Lactantius, won the day against the Huns and became man of the hour.

-

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Good job!!
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

i just made the roman empire my vassal!!!
    Last edited by Lord Minotaur; December 11, 2010 at 07:04 AM.

I've just been playing this mod for two days, and I can say this is the best, most epic ever mod I've played so far on M2TW.
    For my first campaign with the Roman Empire, as the general Bonifatius Caesar comes to encounter the Vandal armies in north africa, after dealing with a first army he completely broke while defending a bridge, he besieges the most western town, freshly captured by the vandals. An army comes to him to back up their besieged comrades. Caesar is facing 4500 barbarians, with an army of only 2000 men. His elite soldiers have suffered heavy losses at the previous battle, so that he may rely on a safe position, and a strong formation of milites protected with fine cavalry units. They prepare to hold the shock of massive barbarian hordes...

"IN NOMINE XPI VINCAS SEMPER" - Au nom du Christ tu vaincras toujours.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaujon View Post
    I've just been playing this mod for two days, and I can say this is the best, most epic ever mod I've played so far on M2TW.
    For my first campaign with the Roman Empire, as the general Bonifatius Caesar comes to encounter the Vandal armies in north africa, after dealing with a first army he completely broke while defending a bridge, he besieges the most western town, freshly captured by the vandals. An army comes to him to back up their besieged comrades. Caesar is facing 4500 barbarians, with an army of only 2000 men. His elite soldiers have suffered heavy losses at the previous battle, so that he may rely on a safe position, and a strong formation of milites protected with fine cavalry units. They prepare to hold the shock of massive barbarian hordes...
    Welcome to the forum, Jaujon, and glad you like the mod.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Jaujon, and glad you like the mod.
    Thanks! Can't wait to play the next episodes of IBII series.
    "IN NOMINE XPI VINCAS SEMPER" - Au nom du Christ tu vaincras toujours.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

While eagerly awaiting the Conquestus Brittaniae Mod,i resumed my long overdue African Vandalorum Vandals campaign;

The sortie.....

Go,go,go,go...........

Out for blood....

Head on.....

Repel.........

Hand to hand........

Greetings and the best of luck with the Brittaniae Mod !
    Last edited by MorganH.; January 20, 2011 at 09:42 AM.

Its much to quiet on this brillaint Mod forum,so heres some more screenshots of my Vandals and Goth campaigns;

The Horde advances...

Aim...fire !....

Rage.....

Before impact...

Officers lead the way...

Gutted....

In the name of our lord...

All is lost.......

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Very nice pics. Some very large armies too!!

Thanks midnite,playing with huge unit settings.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

nice pics!!! Nice mod

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

MorganH: Great screenshots. How did you take them? Did you modify them?