Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: IB2 VANDALS CAMPAIGN SCREENSHOTS

Default Re: INVASIO BARBARORVM 2 SCREENSHOTS

Good story! I like the way you narrate the action.

Art by Joar

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

That was an excellent read. I was particularly impressed with the quality of the screen shots. Very atmospheric and artistic. Well done! You should post this in the AAR section and get more feedback. I look forward the the further adventures of this commander with eagerness!

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks guys, it evolved into an AAR because as always, I couldn't decide which screenshots to use. I will put the next installment in the AAR section .

Already thinking about a plot for when Commander Ascanius Volcius meets a full scale Vandal invasion force from Iberia

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

The screens convinced me to dl/install the mod.

Just dl'ed and now the patch file ... . I didn't play a mod since a lot time due to too less time, now i'll take a bit of time for IB2.

#Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Welcome to the world of IB, DaVinci!

Art by Joar

Patrician Artifex

Thanks, you mean IB2 then, or? ... i know (and played/modded for personal use) IB since it is done in its very first version speaking of IB-BI of course.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 03, 2009 at 06:54 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Just a little way to thanks the developers for such a memorable battle.
    1500 barbarians fighting 700 romans just outside the last roman city in Hiberia..
    EPIC.
    Last edited by broccoliano; April 07, 2009 at 10:56 AM.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

That looks an epic battle under the shadow of that Hiberian hill Broccoliano, who won?

Well unlike DaVinci, I confess to not really playing IB as much as other Rome Total War mods, as I have a keen interest in time of the very early part of the Roman Republic (looking forward to Paeninsula Italica for M2TW). However after playing the Beta of this mod it has really hooked me into into wanting to know more about the events that led to the end of the empire. I love the diversity of units appearance that MTW2 brings as it would have been so typical of armies fighting desperately to fend of an unremitting barbarian advance on all fronts. This mod promises to be one of the best in the Total War series and one that could help foster a greater interest in this era. Well done again IB2 team and especially "Ramon Gonzales y Garcia" for your dedication to often ignored period of Roman history but which was nevertheless one of the most important times in history. In working on this mod you are helping to shed a little bit of light on the twilight of the Roman empire before the advent of what the historical record calls "The Dark Ages" .It would be superb if Arthurian Total War could similarly be ported to MTW2.

This is a Screenshot entitled "Done For" showing an assault on the walls of a northern Roman city, graphically enhanced to give an an historical ambience

Last edited by caratacus; April 06, 2009 at 09:50 AM.

The Romans,but I lost most of the troops there.Elite troops...so more of a Phyrric victory.

Two closed on the fight shots:

midnite's Avatar Citizen

excellent screen shots !
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Patrician Artifex

Great pic quality. What are your pc specs and settings?

Thanks,I have put everything on high details and enabled the secondary options(like AA...).
    But those pics are touched up in photoshop.. Actually my game doesn't look Exactly like that...unfotunately..

EDIT:I guess I just can't get enough..

Last edited by broccoliano; April 07, 2009 at 12:02 PM.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

some pics of a battle while I was testing the AI

memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

gosh...goin' to download this mod as soon as possible!!! good work men! really good work!!! =)

AWESOME .

Btw just one question, will there be cataphracts ?

Quote Originally Posted by frontier-auxilia View Post
    AWESOME .

Btw just one question, will there be cataphracts ?
    Hi frontier-auxilia,

WRE has them... Equites Catafractarii, armoured from head to toe.

-Equites Clibanarii. clibanarii wear even more armour than catafractarii and are the heaviest cavalry available to any Roman general.
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 20, 2009 at 09:08 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

yeah plus in the 5th century Cataphracts were still used in 6th they came out of use and full cataphracts from head to toewernt used but most were very well armoured

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Romans stop to use "clibanarii" after the fall of the Sassanid empire in the east!
    In the west ONLY the Lombard nobles still used that style of armor and tactics!
    In fact in 10th and 11th century those old fasion cavalrymen were the main cause to reapear of the Roman(byzantine)cataphracts and the cause for the Norman cavalrymen to change their tactics from distant javeling voleys to lance shock attack!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Yep however by the 6th century the Sassanids never had full cataphracts from head to toe including horse