Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: IB2 VANDALS CAMPAIGN SCREENSHOTS

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: IB2 VANDALS CAMPAIGN SCREENSHOTS

very nice progress

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sylon View Post

My current Mauritania campaign (VH/VH). I've just finished wiping out the Visigoths, conquering most of Aquitania in the process. Once my troops have been retrained and my ranks refilled, I will launch a simulataneous attack on the Burgundians in the Alps and the Romans in Sicily.

The King of the Berbers and Romans (apparently a real title used by a Berber king during this era). A true leader, who led the disparate Berber tribes of Mauritania against the invading Vandals and pushed them into the sea, reclaiming North Africa for the Berber people and establishing an state independent of Roman or Germanic rule.

Under his guidance, Mauritania has flourished. The cities are packed and lively, the ports filled with cargo and ships trading to and fro. The vast trade network that starts from south of the Sahara now extends to Northern Europe, bringing gold, gems, ivory and many other kinds of luxuries. Its borders are vast, its armies brave, its people resolute.

The army he personally leads are the veterans of many campaigns, having fought against Vandal, Suevian and Visigoth. Though they may be more lightly armed than the other armies of the kingdom, their strength at arms are reliable and their loyalty unwavering.

The kingdom's greatest general and the next in line for the throne (for the King has no sons, only daughters). He has fought many battles and has won just as many, honing his tactical ability in the process. There are few generals in this part of the world who can match his ability- perhaps the King of the Suevians might have, but Gulussa killed him.

Ambitious and resourceful, his original plans were limited to the liberation of Africa; but as victory followed after victory, he began to dream of more. It was he who first suggested the conquest of the southern coastal towns in Iberia, which eventually snowballed to extending Mauritanian suzerainty over most of southern Iberia, setting up the inevitable conflict with the Suevians. And it was he who struck the first blow against the Visigoths, destroying one of the armies and causing war to break out between the two kingdoms. Now, with the kingdom of Mauritania extending from the northern border of the Sahara to the middle of Gaul, he looks further, dreaming of the conquest of Rome itself.

After a brutal siege assault, his original army was sent back to Tingitania to be retrained. During this time, he seized control over the Romano-Mauretani Legion, raised from Roman Berbers from the eastern cities who were loyal to the king (its general had died an unfortitious death at the head of a cavalry charge). The army combines Mauritanian speed and tactical flexibility with Roman discipline, with skirmishers in front to draw the missles of the enemy, legionaries to hold the center and pepper the enemy with javelins, and heavy spearmen to kill the enemy cavalry. A contigent of desert bowmen and medium cavalry complete the army.

Abazza the Horseman, a newly appointed but highly capable general from the southern reaches of Mauritania. Having grown up in the Sahara, he is accustomed to long hours on horse and camel-back. His tactics, too, are more reminicent of the steppe peoples of the east than of the missle infantry-heavy armies of the hill tribes from which most of Mauritania's soldiers are drawn from. His genius with commanding cavalry has brought the kingdom many victories.

(In case you're wondering, his high command skill is due to the +3 from commanding cavalry- it's usually around 5.)

An example of a post-Vandal war army. A solid core of heavy spearmen, supported by skirmishers in front and on the flanks, with scores of armoured archers raining death on the enemy and some cavalry to finish up.

I also had some other army compositions, to keep things fresh, but my archer-heavy army rebelled and I had to destroy it. Similarly, the romanized army above is actually the second Mauritanian legion- The first rebelled when sieging Palma, joining the full stack of rebels with its own fullstack. From a role-playing perspective, it actually made sense, for once.

Just saw this...Plain awesome!!

Just try Roma Acta est Fabula overhaul mod for IB2 Vandal almost everything is improved it's much more epic and balanced.
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Some screenshots of my current campaign, also I'm looking forward to the release of flagellvm dei, I'm lovin all these mini campaigns in the mean time!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Honestly when I first got this message I didn't really worry about it too much since the Huns seemed weak at first... I even began to worry if they would become pushovers for my Roman death stacks.

I was horribly mistaken! So here I am now being absolutely destroyed by the Vandals and the Huns...epic
    Note: that guy besieging that settlement is dead...very very dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCataphract View Post
    Some screenshots of my current campaign, also I'm looking forward to the release of flagellvm dei, I'm lovin all these mini campaigns in the mean time!

Honestly when I first got this message I didn't really worry about it too much since the Huns seemed weak at first... I even began to worry if they would become pushovers for my Roman death stacks.

I was horribly mistaken! So here I am now being absolutely destroyed by the Vandals and the Huns...epic
    Note: that guy besieging that settlement is dead...very very dead.
    Excellent!!

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011