Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 2.0 Preview

Default Re: Broken Crescent 1.5 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Maraud View Post
    While looking at the ingame shots, It seems the textures have some depth that didn't seem to be there with BC1.0. Have you perhaps done something similar as the Ruischi-mod, or was it just my PC-settings that didn't have such detail?
    For my Mongol units at least I used my own method to create normal maps with the NVIDIA plugin and other software like Xnormal. This can add significant depth to certain kinds of textures, and I am guessing both Strelac and B.Ward have their own methods similar to mine.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

I love those new units CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Awesome work. Now go back to work and complete BC 1.5
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

holy smokes, excellent work guys.

Sorry, that I don't go Hallelujah like the others, but just insert one of the praises of the other posts [here]. My english is too bad to give prober respect for this work.

This preview is really impressive. To suprise us with this is not very kind of you
    The most sinister thing for me is all the math work you described. You invisted a hell lot of thinking in those unit stats thing, thank you very much for your time. That task must have been very ugly and boring

Lastly, can someone, anyone explain me, why they didn't convert oder "transferred" BC from Medieval II to Medieval II: Kingdoms? Were there any circumstances or reasons?

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

First of all this mod look better than ever before, Gtatz guys.

Quick question, will the old unit skins still be in the game?
    Like for an example AD's templar knights.

Last edited by Fenix_120; February 17, 2009 at 01:47 PM.

This is up there with some of the best Angus McBride Osprey plates! Simply amazing!

But the recruitement system sounds like even more fun - I officialy join the list of those, who "simply cannot wait".

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix_120 View Post

Quick question, will the old unit skins still be in the game?
    Like for an example AD's templar knights.

why should they?

Quote Originally Posted by mastaace View Post
    why should they?

Just a question mate.

As to why, that would mean that their would be more units in the game.

Templar Knight as well as Templar Brother- Knight or make AD's knights like a half-brother Knight, confusing mabey but realistic.

Also AD's dismounted knights had an axe that I was very fond of

Faris ad Din's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Lastly, can someone, anyone explain me, why they didn't convert oder "transferred" BC from Medieval II to Medieval II: Kingdoms? Were there any circumstances or reasons?
    That's STILL coming up in 2.0. The only patches we got were a few minor patches soon after 1.0 alpha release, which led to 1.05. Then the forums kept on being flooded with all sorts of suggestions and ideas, and the BC team kept coming up with their own improvements and there didn't seem to be a pause or end in the improvements and so it just piled up - so instead of releasing a patch 1.3, which would have come out sooner, they decided to release a more complete patch with more stuff, MORE work - and upped the number to 1.5 since it simply has so many more improvements and additions. It took a year since 1.05. This is just the SECOND patch.

The reason? It took a really long time to make something uber perfectionistic - and perfect is definitely one adjective this mod and the patch, alone, deserves to have thrown around in discussions about it.

Kingdoms upcoming in 2.0. Lots and lots and lots of more features coming in that new patch - and it will for sure, take a very long time.

Mods like Stainless Steel have much larger teams of dozens of programmers and artists, and their versions come out much faster. Strelac and others had to slave away alone for this.

That doesn't mean we're putting away the carrots and sticks yet. Giddyap! *cracks whip and dangles carrot on a string-pole*

Quote Originally Posted by Faris ad Din View Post
    That's STILL coming up in 2.0. The only patches we got were a few minor patches soon after 1.0 alpha release, which led to 1.05. Then the forums kept on being flooded with all sorts of suggestions and ideas, and the BC team kept coming up with their own improvements and there didn't seem to be a pause or end in the improvements and so it just piled up - so instead of releasing a patch 1.3, which would have come out sooner, they decided to release a more complete patch with more stuff, MORE work - and upped the number to 1.5 since it simply has so many more improvements and additions. It took a year since 1.05. This is just the SECOND patch.

The reason? It took a really long time to make something uber perfectionistic - and perfect is definitely one adjective this mod and the patch, alone, deserves to have thrown around in discussions about it.

Kingdoms upcoming in 2.0. Lots and lots and lots of more features coming in that new patch - and it will for sure, take a very long time.

Mods like Stainless Steel have much larger teams of dozens of programmers and artists, and their versions come out much faster. Strelac and others had to slave away alone for this.

That doesn't mean we're putting away the carrots and sticks yet. Giddyap! *cracks whip and dangles carrot on a string-pole*

Well said!

Yes the BC team has had it rough as well, first with AD leaving the team and then Mirage they have had more challenges to deal with than SS.

Also SS is basically a remake of the original game(not that im bashing it it is awesome)

BC is made from new content, new units with new factions with a new map.

Incredible just perfect ...

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

That preview goes hard. Great work once again.

Borat would say: Nice, Very Nice
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

Beautiful preview. I am really looking forward to this new version.

Otsman's Avatar Senator

i came

Noooooo Don't have it on Kingdoms cuz I don't have it and I really am not going to buy it unless its like supa duper cheap but really i wont be able to play this awesome mod anymore

Awesome work gents.

And have to agree with Fenix! Hope my skins/models haven't been removed!
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

I believe the bar has been set as to what true Mongol units should look like. Amazing = this mod.

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

I PAY MY DEEPEST RESPECT TO THE BC TEAM!!!!EXCELLENT WORK GENTLEMEN!!!