Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RIOS IBFD BRG II EXPANSION RELEASED

Default Re: RIOS IBFD BRG II EXPANSION RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Hi Rio,
    How do I successfully overwrite the "old" BRG II? DO I need to copy the entire Rio folder? Or is the "Data" folder enough? I downloaded the new mod and extracted it to an external hard drive. I'm looking to copy and paste the new mod into/over the old one. Thanks!
    Hey Bud
    -yes needs to be copied over entirely.
    Just click on the Expansion rio folder and copy or paste it over the rtw folder where your game rio folder is located (either from a past rio install or from your recently copied bi folder to rio)

Any questions let me know ok

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

if i already have the sound mod downloaded for regular IBFD do i have to download it again?

and i am kinda confused is this a stand alone modfolder mod, or do we install it over regular IBFD?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    if i already have the sound mod downloaded for regular IBFD do i have to download it again?

and i am kinda confused is this a stand alone modfolder mod, or do we install it over regular IBFD?

Hi Templar Knight

It is a stand alone but can copy over existing Rio Mods

-you will need to dl the options folder to get the 4 turn scripts for the provincial campaigns..434AD and 527AD

I just uploaded the Rio Expansion installer so if you were to use that DL from filefront you would just simply install it right into your rtw folder copying over your existing rio folder..The Sound Mod should be fine as you have it installed..Let me know if any probs
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 24, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Hi Templar Knight

It is a stand alone but can copy over existing Rio Mods

-you will need to dl the options folder to get the 4 turn scripts for the provincial campaigns..434AD and 527AD

I just uploaded the Rio Expansion installer so if you were to use that DL from filefront you would just simply install it right into your rtw folder copying over your existing rio folder..The Sound Mod should be fine as you have it installed..Let me know if any probs
    ok thanks
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 24, 2009 at 08:56 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    ok thanks
    Sorry began writing on your post..

Your Welcome

Just a reminder the 527AD campaign is more of a beta than any thing else. Its well set up by Elrond but we will work on it to transform it and to give it a Justinian look

Is the 463 AD campaign lost in the expansion?

Thanks for the installer in the downloads section by the way. RAR files are no good for me!

Hi Rio,
    When I extracted the RAR mos switcher, the "Rio" Folder contained only a "Data" folder. Is this correct? I did copy this new data folder into my old RIO BRG II Rio/Data folder. When i opedn the game, I received the attached error message. Any advice?

Thanks!

Hi Rio,
    When I extracted the RAR mos switcher, the "Rio" Folder contained only a "Data" folder. Is this correct? I did copy this new data folder into my old RIO BRG II Rio/Data folder. When i opedn the game, I received the attached error message. Any advice?

Thanks!
    :hmmm:Might be a faulty install ..You might have to re download the mod..There should be a rio folder and then a data folder with all the files in the data folder

Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar One View Post
    Is the 463 AD campaign lost in the expansion?

Thanks for the installer in the downloads section by the way. RAR files are no good for me!
    Oh yes.. 463AD campaign should be should be in there..

Can you unzip the mod switcher options folder?
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 25, 2009 at 09:18 AM.

From Rio: Might be a faulty install ..You might have to re download the mod..There should be a rio folder and then a data folder with all the files in the data folder

Hi Rio, That's what I have: a Rio folder with a very large "data" folder with many files inside. I copied over that large data file over the data file within my orignal BGR II Rio folder. No luck though. What am I missing? Thanks

From Rio: Might be a faulty install ..You might have to re download the mod..There should be a rio folder and then a data folder with all the files in the data folder

Hi Rio, That's what I have: a Rio folder with a very large "data" folder with many files inside. I copied over that large data file over the data file within my orignal BGR II Rio folder. No luck though. What am I missing? Thanks
    :hmmm:not sure Lioneljoe..Sounds like something was modified. To be safe delete the rio folder and recopy your bi folder and rename it to rio then add the Expansion files as if you were starting from scratch.

I haven't installed the expansion yet. Will do so today.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Just a reminder the 527AD campaign is more of a beta than any thing else. Its well set up by Elrond but we will work on it to transform it and to give it a Justinian look
    That is code for it being rubbish. I wrote it because there was (and still isn't) a Justinian mod but my modding skills were pretty rubbish and I had little interest in the historical detail of things. I sorted out some of the more worse aspects of it out about a year and a half ago and Riothamus made a few improvements to it so its playable but don't expect it to be as good as the other two campaigns. However it should improve with future releases - I am not sure what Riothamus has planned for it yet.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Icon14 Re: RIOS IBFD BRG II EXPANSION RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
    That is code for it being rubbish. I wrote it because there was (and still isn't) a Justinian mod but my modding skills were pretty rubbish and I had little interest in the historical detail of things. I sorted out some of the more worse aspects of it out about a year and a half ago and Riothamus made a few improvements to it so its playable but don't expect it to be as good as the other two campaigns. However it should improve with future releases - I am not sure what Riothamus has planned for it yet.
    Elrond,
    Your being too hard on yourself and your mod. Belisarius is a hero of mine and I have really enjoeyed reliving his adventures through your mod. My thanks to you for your hard work making it possible and I am looking forward to Rio's update of your mod.

Cheers

Well, I reinstalled the mod. It starts to open... the title page says that it is the BRG II expansion... then it crashes with the attached error message. .

Thanks for any help

Well, I reinstalled the mod. It starts to open... the title page says that it is the BRG II expansion... then it crashes with the attached error message. .

Thanks for any help
    Something may have been modified. Did you install any other mods? Their are 2 things you can do. Reinstall your rtw and bi game and then install the Expansion or simply install the RaR Version. This error has occured before with mod switcher players but it doesn't show up on the RaR Version and the mod plays without issue.

Also there should be an info guide in the folder, the RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION txt, and Justinian 4 turn scripts right?
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 25, 2009 at 08:25 PM.

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

hi Rio i installed this mod and i had a ctd during my first battle, i used western roman empire.

everything was a freshly installed.

Installed it and it looks good.

Saying that, what happened to the family tree for the WRE?
    There are three or four family members not on it.
    And the WRE make too much money. I like having to scrape by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar One View Post
    Installed it and it looks good.

Saying that, what happened to the family tree for the WRE?
    There are three or four family members not on it.
    And the WRE make too much money. I like having to scrape by.
    Take the difficulty up some notches. VH/VH is always a challange, except for perhaps the Vandals or Sassanians. The family members thing is deliberate, allowing an historically different leader to take control if Ricimer dies without a proper heir

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Divus View Post
    hi Rio i installed this mod and i had a ctd during my first battle, i used western roman empire.
    everything was a freshly installed.
    Wellcome Divus
    Feeling that you followed exactly the install instructions (copy of bi folder, rename it as rio, install Expansion or copy the rar files in), can you tell which Campaign are you playing and with which scripts activated? After the CTD did you play again and had CTD again on same situation?
    Any questions let me know

Ayeaye Sir

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

thanks for the welcome Margio, it was the 463AD campaign as the WRE with my first battle and it just ctd during the middle of the battle, and when i start another campaign it was ok.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast