Thread: Civil War scenario

Default Civil War scenario

Is there any chance of you doing a Late Roman civil war campaign based on the Julian vs Constantius II civil war?
    I know Constantius died before any real conflict took place, but its a very interesting 'what if' scenario.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Civil War scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinian Victor View Post
    Is there any chance of you doing a Late Roman civil war campaign based on the Julian vs Constantius II civil war?
    I know Constantius died before any real conflict took place, but its a very interesting 'what if' scenario.
    In fact the "provincial" campaign in IJV2.01a starts in 355AD with Julian in Gaul. He is charged with defending Gaul from the barbarians. The other playable roman faction is Constantius II so conflict is inevitable.

This campaign will also be available in IJV3.0 as well as the 365AD one. Sort of a trilogy.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    In fact the "provincial" campaign in IJV2.01a starts in 355AD with Julian in Gaul. He is charged with defending Gaul from the barbarians. The other playable roman faction is Constantius II so conflict is inevitable.

This campaign will also be available in IJV3.0 as well as the 365AD one. Sort of a trilogy.

Cheers
    Oh my, you have my undying gratitude, I've always wanted to be Constantius II (I'm perverse that way! He was not all that bad, apart from his pig-headedness, extreme manner and the fact he liked killing off his family and rivals is a meer bagatelle!) Any idea when the beta for IJV3 will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinian Victor View Post
    Oh my, you have my undying gratitude, I've always wanted to be Constantius II (I'm perverse that way! He was not all that bad, apart from his pig-headedness, extreme manner and the fact he liked killing off his family and rivals is a meer bagatelle!) Any idea when the beta for IJV3 will be available?
    Show that pagan of Julian the right ways!

Art by Joar