Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 31/03/2010 - Raaka's NORSE Roster

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: 31/03/2010 - Raaka's NORSE Roster

Hellvard, you have permission as long as you credit those who came before you. And most importantly, have fun!

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Many thanks noble one! Really appreciate that

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Would you allow me to use these Norse unit skins in a submod unit reskin for SS 6.4? I will add you guys in the credits of course.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fine, normal credits policy applied.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    Fine, normal credits policy applied.

~Wille
    Thanks. Would you know which files and where to get the necessary files to extract for unit reskinning?
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It's been 5 years, so no.

I don't know if Taiji will help you or not, but he was the one to implement it into BB. Remember to give him credit as well.

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; January 01, 2014 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayyubid View Post
    Thanks. Would you know which files and where to get the necessary files to extract for unit reskinning?
    If its any help mate. they are in a file all of there own. I've looked at this and have been told that there maybe a compatible issue with the archer unit, been converted. But hell, if you could get these to work on SS6.4 I for one would be over the moon to play the Norse faction in SS6.4.
    Respect......

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    It's been 5 years, so no.

I don't know if Taiji will help you or not, but he was the one to implement it into BB. Remember to give him credit as well.

~Wille
    Thanks. My modding for the KOJ, Fatimids, France, Papal States, Turks, Moors, and Persians is done. Also, to a lesser extent, modding on the Teutonic Order, England, Aragon, Portugal, Castille, and Byzantines, is done. I still need to work on a few northern european factions, and will use the units from this mod specifically for Denmark and Norway. It's a huge help to the mod, since it adds some re-skinned flavor for almost everyone. Thanks again! +rep!

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

I think it would be hilarious if I used the Dwarven faction from the Third Age, to replace the current Norway and Denmark roster in SS

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345