Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 31/03/2010 - Raaka's NORSE Roster

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Default Re: 31/03/2010 - Raaka's NORSE Roster

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Plz plz plz, we need them for SS.
    Oops..! You said the forbidden word...
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

he says about RC/RR, which is kinda different

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    Awesome work, mate!
    Do you give permission your work to be used in other mods outside DLV, with proper credits?
    In principal I would say yes and I would like to say that we don't discriminate, but in this paticular (SS-) case

Edit: For Stormenn, it says they use a sword, then it says they use an axe. For Riddere, it says they use a sword, then it says they use a mace. Which is it?
    In total, 6 diffrent looking axe-spears

Mace:

Long sword and Lance:
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

The glaive is amazing, it just looks so damn dangerous. I want a whole unit of them, but the variation rocks too! It makes me think we should mix up the vanilla halberd units too, it's so realistic.

And what fun to have a dismounted general! I really wasn't sure at first, that's an understatement; really I thought it was crazy. But it works really well so far in my testing.

Loving it, Raaka, thankyou
    Last edited by Taiji; April 17, 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: I got so excited about the glaive that I started swearing :)

Plz plz plz, we need them for SS.

Edit: For Stormenn, it says they use a sword, then it says they use an axe. For Riddere, it says they use a sword, then it says they use a mace. Which is it?
    Stormenn are using maces, Riddere swords. Thanks for pointing it out. Descriptions should be fixed now once Taiji uploads a new build *fingers crossed

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

Looks great man!

Wow great work! Is it possible to use this with SS 6.2?
    lol

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Update -Norse Roster Preview

nice roster

Pantsalot's Avatar Senator

First of all awesome units

But thing is when I've tried them out in campaign they didn't seem all that well balanced.. those
    veidimenn seem to nearly always get killed in one shot which makes them inferior to every other
    archer unit while the Gestir & leidangr wouldn't hold up to the same number of sergeant spears &
    raiders. Plus the respawn time to create a Huskarlar was 15 turns & 6 turns for Gestir? I find it much
    easier being Scotland & in my time doing so Norway was killed off easily by Denmark..

Sorry greatly made units indeed but what happened to balancing them to make them as strong as they should
    be but not too realistic/exaggerative on the idea of how rare they would be to come by in Scandinavia..

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

I see that you give permission to use the work but to be sure I'll ask anyway the permission to use the roster for my historical and balancing submod (BG submod) for SS 6.3. You'll be very credited for that, superb work. Thank you in advance.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    I see that you give permission to use the work....
    Show me where you see that, please.

AFAIK Raaka has specifically ignored requests from SS, he hasn't granted any.

You're welcome to ask him, and wait for his response, but I will report you to all-powerful TWC authorities if you take his work without permission.
    Last edited by Taiji; December 09, 2010 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Show me where you see that, please.

AFAIK Raaka has specifically ignored requests from SS, he hasn't granted any.

You're welcome to ask him, and wait for his response, but I will report you to all-powerful TWC authorities if you take his work without permission.
    "In principal I would say yes and I would like to say that we don't discriminate, but in this paticular (SS-) case"

I've send a message but I don't know if he's on TWC often. But, does SS has something that is wrong about? I'm doing a sub that is historical and more diverse for several rosters. And I've found that roster, it will be a great addition, but I'll wait for his response.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

If you quote a post properly I can check it, in my post you just quoted there is a green arrow, just have to click it and you get taken to my post. Would have saved me the bother of finding the post, especially bothersome since you quoted Sivilombudsmannen and not Raaka - the person whose work it is. Raaka, is the one ignoring the requests. I'm sure he'll be back, and he'll read your requests, but I think when he ignores you it means 'no, at least for now'.

What Sivilombudsmannen is trying to say there in what you quoted is that it's doubtful you will get permission because DLV doesn't like SS. DLV is the original m2tw mod and SS is some little upstart which is popular with the kids. Or something like that

Personally I just think they should be different. Have you played DLV? I recommend DLV+BB(all scripts, VH/VH), if you're a veteran TW player, or if you like a complicated challenge, then you'll probably enjoy it a great deal
    Last edited by Taiji; December 09, 2010 at 11:55 AM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

THIS MOD IS AWESOME

I am awesome! Taiji isn't too shabby himself!

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Dude, your units look awesome. I normally play as England. Jus now decided to play as France for once. But man, I will, as a gamer, admit those are exceptional. +rep. U shuld try othr factions if u ever wanted - I bet youd be good.

personally to have dispute between Mods like SS versus DLV is silly, it's an open community for GOD sake, but I guess the dispute/feud @ hand is quite serious, but in the end & long run, Modders wanting to create new Mods & experiences get hurt & lastly the rest of us avg gamers who can't mod, we get hurt the worst b/c that's one less Mod to play & experience.

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"

Yes I've play, it is really good, love the RPG for the characters. As TMSKILZ saids, modders want to create new things, some people will dislike the DLV and vice-versa for SS, but first, I'm not a kid that wants only easy things, my work is to make some factions to reflect their period, and I'll wait for his answers, but If he doesn't want to give his permission, please, at least give me an answers. And finally, it's not of my business the fight btw the SS and DLV, I'm just a modder. Thank you

Byz Guard, what type of MOD are you creating? Just curious.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    Yes I've play, it is really good, love the RPG for the characters. As TMSKILZ saids, modders want to create new things, some people will dislike the DLV and vice-versa for SS, but first, I'm not a kid that wants only easy things, my work is to make some factions to reflect their period, and I'll wait for his answers, but If he doesn't want to give his permission, please, at least give me an answers. And finally, it's not of my business the fight btw the SS and DLV, I'm just a modder. Thank you
    I think if you've tried PMing him then you've done all you sensibly can. If and when he wants to share the work with you and SS, then I'm sure he'll respond.

I think that as 'just a modder', you're nonetheless the only person who has to think about the implications of your work. If you're work makes 2 similar products less dissimilar then you're reducing the impact either mod can make when preceded by the other. Think about it. If SS had a totally different unit list to DLV then who would benefit? Everyone except people that don't like M2TW, it seems to me.

If you said 'just a careless modder' or 'just a selfish modder' then I have nothing to say, but 'just a modder' to me means you think you have no other effect. So I tried to explain the other effect of your plan to you. You might not agree, but it's an unavoidable reality on at least this level - if you're working on making SS more like DLV then you are making both mods less unique.

Anyway, PM him and hope for the best
    Last edited by Taiji; December 10, 2010 at 03:51 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast