Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Trapezitae are on their way.
    Sorry for the delay but Tax reports time...
    Only in Greece a person with 2000 Euros per year pays 1000 Euros tax!
    Any way!

The unit is a mutli purpose one. As mounted javelin men can harass infantry units and with their lances can be exelent anti-light cavalry unit as well!
    Romans may lack melee units but they have some realy unique ones the same time like Trapezitae.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trapezitae ug1.png  
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Almost done!

CREDITS:
    Leif Erikson
    Pacco
    Sumskilz
    Matthaeus
    Lord_Calidor
    Ansinthia
    LuBu
    Stefaneke
    Slash_5
    Rusichi Team
    Πεtr Φροποβ
    hyretic
    Modifications of all materials from all above by AnthoniusII
    Spesial Thanks to:
    Timothy Dawson
    G.Rava
    D.Katsikes (HellenicArmors)
    Mr Skourletis
    That gave me their advices and allowed me use their work as inspiration.
    FOR THAT REASON ITS FORBITEN TO CA/SEGA TO USE IN ANY CASE THAT WORK, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, THAT LEGALY BELONGS TO THE ORIGINAL CREATORS AND THAT OFFERED THEIR PERIMISION FOR THAT PROJECT AND THAT PROJECT ONLY!

I stand with youAnthoniousII and the old Rules.

alla faccia dei trollacci e dei provocatori

(= despite of silly trolls and agent provocateur)

Old guard of modders remain my uncorrupted dream, and the reason why I tried my way.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Nice video, btw, are you going to use vanila northern-european settlements for northern factions? I was wondering wether de Bello Mundi barbarian settlements would not represent the northern/western european architecture bit better (ofcourse I know they are no way meant to represent early medieval buildings but they still may look a bit closer to them than vanilla M2TW 15th century buildings).

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Nice video, btw, are you going to use vanila northern-european settlements for northern factions? I was wondering wether de Bello Mundi barbarian settlements would not represent the northern/western european architecture bit better (ofcourse I know they are no way meant to represent early medieval buildings but they still may look a bit closer to them than vanilla M2TW 15th century buildings).
    That is a great sugestion... 9th-10th century north european settlements looked very much as the old "celtic" ones.
    We will ask DBM modding team to see what we could do about it.
    @DramaBelli
    My friend..too many feel "betrayed" the last few years... We hope to give to TW community something worthing of their trust to us all.
    Atleast we still count the trust as a high value commitment.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    That is a great sugestion... 9th-10th century north european settlements looked very much as the old "celtic" ones.
    We will ask DBM modding team to see what we could do about it.
    Glad you like the suggestion. Actually in the settlements in my land in the TGC period the only stone building was usually the rotunda church. As far as I know DBM gave general permition for everyone to use their buildings providing the credits are given l but rather double check that. Youn can even try to ask EB2 team for permition to use their barbarian buildings which are even more celtic in design if it seems more apropriate. Here is the link to the thread I where I posted pictures and links to the pages about Slavic architecture of the early middle ages. Maybe it will be of some help to the team: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...avic-Hillforts

Ottonian Germans invade saxon village.

Does this reminds you the Rome II celtic and german villages? They remained the same for centuries.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

we have already a steppe village implanted (thanks to Xholycrusader). about the rest, we will see how things progress.
    dbm is always very kind to the community, offering there work for use

Then DBM modding team will be added to TGC great contributors.

Update: Trapezitae:
    They are a multi purpose pro unit capable of dealing light/medium cavalry and harass infantry formations.
    TGC mod was a modding school from it start.
    Great modders experimented with all aspets of the models.
    One example is the primary javelin position in the hands. Notice that the javelin spearhead does not point to the ground.

That feature existed in vanilla M2TW game but the developers seam that they forgoten it! In fact THEY have it forgoten in Rome II and Attila even TODAY!

I found this by accident but then a new problem emerged...
    While javelins were launched the reserve ones (in the laft hand) tented to disapear for couple of secs.
    Koultouras found a clever solution!
    For easthetic reasons i did not add the lance in passive position on the warriors backs because the 3 m lance is too long for that (untill another solution will be found).
    Instead of swords Trapezitae use their lances (a left over of the 6th century Bucelarii).

Notice that when ussing the lance the reserve javelins disapear.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    we have already a steppe village implanted (thanks to Xholycrusader)
    here some older pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2015-06-10 16-29-24-39.jpg   kingdoms 2015-06-10 16-28-23-24.jpg   kingdoms 2015-06-10 16-28-17-05.jpg  

Very nice pisture Anthonius, where you get it? Btw. are you sure that its Ottonians not Carolingians attacking Saxon village? Ottonians were basicly Saxon dynasty. Greatwork on Trapezitae, they look like very versatile unit. I am happy to see steppe villages added on the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Very nice pisture Anthonius, where you get it? Btw. are you sure that its Ottonians not Carolingians attacking Saxon village? Ottonians were basicly Saxon dynasty. Greatwork on Trapezitae, they look like very versatile unit. I am happy to see steppe villages added on the mod.
    If I remember well yes.
    But i will check it again to be sure.
    Creating (re-creating) our Peltastae unit I realised that those profesional soldiers (scoutatoi were citizens that called to war in case of need) were the closest unit to "clasic"
    Legioners.

Just notice the simularities:
    Chain haubergs, heavy javelins, swords, metal helmets, an officer (centarches/centurio), a banner man and a senior officer.

More to come soon!

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Nice work, but the picture is Carolingians attacking a Saxon village, as it is the Saxon Campaign book from osprey.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Nice work, but the picture is Carolingians attacking a Saxon village, as it is the Saxon Campaign book from osprey.
    Thanks..The fact remains. In 8th century north/west european settlements did not change much from the Roman Era.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Great looking units as always !

Are you guys going to have Elite Units available right away in Constantinople? It would be historically accurate to do so!

yes, but they will replenish very very slow. but you can initially recruit all elite units right from the start (besides varangians, which come up later via event)

Athanatoi should also not be recruitable from start in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by perris0707 View Post
    Are you guys going to have Elite Units available right away in Constantinople? It would be historically accurate to do so!
    Yes take a look in our recruitment system in the minor previews thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    yes, but they will replenish very very slow. but you can initially recruit all elite units right from the start (besides varangians, which come up later via event)
    True..we do not want to have armies full of ellite forces. So expect some troops (espesialy Roman ones) to be available after 15-20 turns.
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Athanatoi should also not be recruitable from start in my opinion.
    No Athanatoi will be an event unit like Varangians. But Athanatoi will be only ONE unit in the game that will be able to retrain but NOT recruit a new one.
    After all Romans have Hikkanati that are similar unit to Athanatoi.
    Factions with less "pallace" units will have them with less time in between the recruitment, factions with a variety of pallace troops will have bigger waiting time for each one of the units.

You can download the alpha version?