Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

From the Pecheneg roster, I can see what you guys intended for Turcomans but thats not the same thing, you have made some of the Pecheneg tribes as spesific units but if you're gonna do same for Turcomans, Oghuz and Turkmen difference is not equal to this, those two are not tribes in the first place, but an upper name for the same tribes labelled together.

About the Pecheneg roster, overally good, but I found them quite heavy, light and heavy troops are equal in numbers, there are 2 Tarkhan units in the first place, Tarkhan is something like Amirs, Lords you know, and capes in generals looks just strange for steppe nomads, also while I know its probably done for balance issues, I think even the poor class can afford horse, its especially strange for shepherds to don't have horse, their job is with them after all.
    Last edited by Tureuki; May 11, 2013 at 03:00 AM.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

The tribes in affinity with Khazars were supposed to rely for their stocks on them, that's why we have justified a basic infantry unit in the Vulatsopon tribe shepherds, the poor guys may have been shepherding Kharar's flocks.Nevertheless we wanted something realistic in order to represent a "peasant" type unit for the Pechenegs, to be as historical as possible but gameplay friendly at the same time.They suited perfectly IMHO.

Now, another issue was that we needed to demonstrate the multitribal confederacy and the social structure of the Pechenegs in the units,the different geography and the different fighting styles of the pechenegs in one roster.

This was a hard task because the evidence for Pechenegs is really really scarce as it is the bibliography.Nevertheless we have made a careful planning which took some months in order to portray the Pechenegs as accurate as possible but we had to take in consideration the battle and game mechanics which limit the options available.
    And this is the justification of the "heavy" representatives in the Pecheneg roster.The presence of the strong Magyar roster, with all these horsearchers, made the Pechenegs vulnerable in game terms.In order to counterbalance the steppe power of the Magyars and letting the Pechenegs have a chance in surviving ingame ,we decided to stay as accurate as possible but also give some bonuses to the Pechenegs.This is the thinking behind the roster as you see it.

Remember guys, we are not trying to 100% represent an actual roster here, suitable for academic purposes only,we are creating rosters for a game which sets some rules and limitations.From my personal experience in game with the Pechenegs I can assure you that not only are looking great, but they can form a descent army,able to battle their neighbouring enemies effectively.
    In the end this is what matter most in TW.Be accurate and have fun in a functional way at the same time.

Cheers
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Are Magyars and Pechenegs oftenly uses those heavy units or are they limited ? I hope so.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Are Magyars and Pechenegs oftenly uses those heavy units or are they limited ? I hope so.
    Magyars have mostly light horsearchers and few heavy ones.As for the Pechenegs, of course there is a provision which will maintain a realistic presence of heavy units, don't worry about that.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

thank you very much guys, your work is of the highest quality, you seem to be on the road for the greatest mod until now.

when it comes ou, it'll be glorious.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The TGC fellowship thanks you all for your kind words.
    Remember...Please post pictures of Fatimid,Abbasid, Kalbid ,Aghlabid Islaimic dynasties banners to help us in the accurate presentation.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Hi, long time no see, any way I must say that TGC project seems to be dissapointing. Nobody is going to play Medieval2 Total war, it is outdated by far. We/you just missed the moment with that mod, It had a potential to become hit, but since ROME2 is coming, eaven after Shogun2 came out- nobody but the hardcore fanboys gonna play it. Plus that the first 1-2 factions are outdated, the leatest are made better, so it will look like the units are taken from different mod. I thought that it is finished, wanted to download it, but well, never gonna play it as it seems
    MORAL

At the moment, M2TW subforum has the highest number of viewers, as long as new games keeps being less moddable, M2TW will continue its popularity.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

vanilla gams get boring soon. I played barely one campaign in Shogun 2 but still play mods like RSII or TATW.

I do not see the validity of saying that nobody plays Medieval II Total War. The forums are as busy as ever and I play the game regularly on a stand-alone computer. I choose NOT to purchase the games that require Steam to run. I also use the game in my Medieval History class and every semester several students purchase Medieval II! Keep working on this great mod and don't be discouraged by the nay-sayers!

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

as long as new games keeps being less moddable, M2TW will continue its popularity.
    Yes.

vanilla gams get boring soon.
    +1

I choose NOT to purchase the games that require Steam to run.

If you finish this mod in this decade I'll play it

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Negativity out of nowhere by a few people. You think that way, ok, but why posting this in public? To make the creators defend their choices? To discourage as many people as possible?

I believe TGC will be a complete TW game and, as many posted before me, far more interesting than the vanilla TW games.

Quote Originally Posted by gogo t View Post
    Hi, long time no see, any way I must say that TGC project seems to be dissapointing. Nobody is going to play Medieval2 Total war, it is outdated by far. We/you just missed the moment with that mod, It had a potential to become hit, but since ROME2 is coming, eaven after Shogun2 came out- nobody but the hardcore fanboys gonna play it. Plus that the first 1-2 factions are outdated, the leatest are made better, so it will look like the units are taken from different mod. I thought that it is finished, wanted to download it, but well, never gonna play it as it seems
    Actually were are about to complete the Islamic rosters when Matthaeus will come back in few days.
    But we still need your experties in photoshop.
    Can you help creating (in psd format) some islamic banners to help us add the Muslim bannercarriers for all islamic factions and units like this one:?

Quote Originally Posted by perris0707 View Post
    I also use the game in my Medieval History class and every semester several students purchase Medieval II! Keep working on this great mod and don't be discouraged by the nay-sayers!
    For such "players" TGC will be made about. The fault is all mine that i "denand" perfect work from all creators. They ALL make perfect work but that takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Negativity out of nowhere by a few people. You think that way, ok, but why posting this in public? To make the creators defend their choices? To discourage as many people as possible?

I believe TGC will be a complete TW game and, as many posted before me, far more interesting than the vanilla TW games.
    Thank you for your kind words and suport. In fact though TGC-as all mods sooner or later-face some negative or 0 development periods.
    You see our members have real lives to look after. No one has the right to demand them to put their jobs and fammilies in 2nd place and give their attention in the mod (a hobby).
    Example: Our mapper had present us the map in 80% of all settlements and psfs placed plus rives ,bridges etc...
    That would allow us to fully code in campaign all ready factions (only 3 lfet to finish) and proceed to AOR based units.
    But unforthunatly our mapper has been quite (job issues??) for over a month and we have NOT map's folders.
    Imagine what will happen if our mapper will not apear or upload his files and retire from modding.
    Every mod has such periods..We can not do otherwise though...Many people come to help few help and even fewer stay to help more.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Why are you bothering to post? Just trolling?

Druzhina
    Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by druzhina345 View Post
    Thanks again for the ilustrations.
    I am glad that our work is as close as it can be with them!

dissapointing.
    Plus that the first 1-2 factions are outdated, the leatest are made better, so it will look like the units are taken from different mod
    yes there has been talk about remaking some parts of the Bulgarian roster, presumably those based on your work...
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Hi, long time no see, any way I must say that TGC project seems to be dissapointing. Nobody is going to play Medieval2 Total war, it is outdated by far. We/you just missed the moment with that mod, It had a potential to become hit, but since ROME2 is coming, eaven after Shogun2 came out- nobody but the hardcore fanboys gonna play it. Plus that the first 1-2 factions are outdated, the latest are made better, so it will look like the units are taken from different mod. I thought that it is finished, wanted to download it, but well, never gonna play it as it seems
    r2tw create a big hype of expectation, which i don´t understand.
    all i have seen so far, was more or less for players that don´t care about gameplay and are more interested to play histotainment-actiongames with alot of childish nonsense. If you see the teutoburgforrest video, varus running away with his cav and get killed by arminius... so stu***
    you cannot compared this with tgc and all the other mods here.
    i also barely played 30h of shoghun2 - a game i have for a year now and payed to much money for.
    but this getting off topic.
    regards

edit:
    actual view in the forum:
    r2tw 160 , S2tw 80 , Ntw 38 , Etw 84 , M2tw 309 , Rtw 141 , M+S tw 2
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 22, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Tommygunz's Avatar Libertus

For me Medieval 2 is still the best mainly because of the awesome mods. Empire and Napoleon were great too but I prefer the medieval period. Shogun 2 was a bit of a let down for me... I'll probably get rome 2 when it comes out but I expect I'll quickly return here

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Pstf...I still play vanilla M2TW quite often. I enjoy playing even more than I do ETW and NTW. There are three M2TW mods that I'm really excited about (TGC being one of them) and I don't plan on going away anytime soon.

R2TW will be fun for a few months before it I start to get bored of it. The DLC will keep me interested for only so long before its inmoddability eventually kills it for me.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance