Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

The screens surely add a lot to the feeling of the game. Very nice work!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    My friend thank you for your kind words.
    What we all see (including me ofcourse) here is a result of a colective work between modelers, skiners, animators with a close overview by skillfull and exelent researchers.
    Nothing would ever become real (even in this stage) with out the common dream of realism that all in TGC/CBUR projects share.
    Consider that every post of mine does NOT show my work but a finall result of the entire team's work.
    Yes, I know! The team is fantastic, dedicated researchers, wonderful moddellers, creative skinners, skilled 2d artists... But thanks to you for sharing nearly every day more bits of the mod's development.

Regards

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

I found this fantastic picture of (I think is from him) Gorelik:

Turks celebrating their victory in the battlefield of Manzikert
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; February 11, 2013 at 06:43 PM.

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Yikes, quite the disturbing yet moving pic. Comes to show you that you should never underestimate your enemy and always make sure your commanders are loyal officers.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Something differend.
    I haven't found a way to convert ms3d models of cities to .cas ones but we are working on strat_map settlements.
    BURNY26 has created a wonderfull model of Thessalonike but it is huge!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So we actually re-scale it to be only double sized compared to Agart's models.
    Ussing Burny's materials i am creating the primary parts that will allow us create the rest of custom start_map cities.
    For example:

The main wall is made in two parts in this pic.
    1: Tower
    2: Extra reinforcing wall part.
    3: Low tower.
    4: Gate house.

All 3d materials are creations of BURNY26.
    Textures are creations of claucopide member of Basileia TW project. (rep here)
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; February 13, 2013 at 02:27 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Looks Cool! I wonder how the Queen of cities will look!

Ussing Agart's models to allow me scale the objects before proceed to realy unique cities..here is how Agart's southern_european_city would look with our byzantine walls.

I will add Burny's houses later.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

An update...
    Still learning.

Don't be hard with your critisism.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Astonishing!!! Exactly what a great mod needs and wants! Awesome campaign map city models add to the immersion very much

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Very cool work.

Still i am to stupid to understand how i can make them strat_map models without having ctds.

St.Demetrius made by BURNY26 and properly textured by me on textures made by claucopid.

I am showing the back side because i want to show the extreme detail Burny added to his model.
    This Vasilika willgive us all the material we need to create churches.

Hmm, is it not good to have large strat map models for cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    Hmm, is it not good to have large strat map models for cities?
    The larger models require some work on the campaign map by the mappers.
    Any way here is my 1st attempt for a Roman city.

There is a central avenue with a church, the administration part (citadel) with the jeneral's house and the barracks. Its not much but its my 1st attempt to assempy a model.
    Again all credits go to :

• BURNY26 that created the ms3d models.
    • claucopide that created the textures for BURNY's models.

Also i want to thank:
    The IWTE tool creators:

• Makanyane
    • Wilddog for their tool and their great petience with my stupitidy.

Also:

• Inarus for his helpfull tutorial.

Nice, what about large strat models for capitals? Would there be a problem? But I guess the real challenge would be trying to make the battle map similar to the model you make.

Large City model...

These are WIP experimental models.
    Just to allow me to see how IWTE tool works. If durring the test our settlements will change then all these will be released as free material.

Very nice, can I edit models with milkshape or only 3dsmax? Because I really want to go custom, it would be awesome!

I use only ms3d...It was the cheapest....
    Take a look :
    Here (tutorial)
    Here (instructions).Read all the posts after this one to see what you must do if you will come across with issues.

Thanks

Testing Constantinople's wall textures on existing model.
    The wall textures were based on Cedric37's UI one for our byzantines.

We asked for already made textures and models from other mods and they responded the clasic way.
    " You can have what ever you want after our mod's release"
    Fair enough.. So from now on we will keep the same attitude.