Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-CTUR-released
    I think those units can be of use for this mod. At least editing some of them.
    We do not need them. Thanks to Socal_Infidel and Matthaeus all Turkic origin warriors (Turcomanic/Seljuk Leaque and Turkic mercenaries of Islamic states) are already in game.
    In fact our Turkic models are some of the most detailed ones.

In service with Abbasids.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 22, 2015 at 02:03 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    We do not need them. Thanks to Socal_Infidel and Matthaeus all Turkic origin warriors (Turcomanic/Seljuk Leaque and Turkic mercenaries of Islamic states) are already in game.
    In fact our Turkic models are some of the most detailed ones.

In service with Abbasids.
    Thank you for clearing it out. I already saw those modesl, they look great indeed.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

achilles;
    my friend please stop advising my units to various modding teams.its not necessary indeed.i know that u like my units but please dont.
    anton;
    my friend u are older than me with fullly respect to ur character and carrier in twc.but comparing my turkish units to that one is comparing a leopard 2 hel tank to a leopard2a4.(i saw that u were interested in armed forces.i myself stayed in various turkish armed barracks and lived live contacts)

I Think both units are great
    Last edited by b257; October 23, 2015 at 12:36 PM.

When i say "we don't need them" , this statement has nothing to do with the quality of the offered models.
    It has to do with having same style units for all factions, avoiding to have models and textures that simply do not match eachother.
    Remember this is why we re-make Thematic Units (and Bulgarians will follow).
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great work as always

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

"If you are present with only your own theme, General and the force under your command is a small one, then you should follow the enemy cautiously and at a good distance to avoid being detected by them. You should launch your attacks only against those charging into the villages and spreading out." (Nikephoros II Phokas 'On Skirmishing", Michael J. Decker "The Byzantine Art of War")

"Then charge agaisnt them, and by the favor of Christ you will be able to defeat them. But if the enemy commanders present there have a large force, they may b able to hold thier ground and will struggle to come back from defeat, which is impossible, for with night already falling nothing untoward will happen to you. If, therfore, you do things in this manner, the enemy will be amased and terrified of you, and thery will not dare to ride from their army without food. Finally, the lack of food will force them to return to their own country." (On Skirmishing, Possilby Nikophoros II Phokas)

"If the enemy force far outnumbers our own both in cavalry and infantry, avoid a general engagement or close combat and strive to injure the enemy with stratagems and ambushes. The time to seek general engagements with the enemy is when, with the help of God, the enemy as fled once, twice, or three times and are crippled and fearful... avoid not only an enemy force of superior strength, but also equal strength." Nikephoros II Phokas, On Skirmishing, The Byzantine Art of War Michael J. Decker

"The men of old, in their conduct of siege warfare, constructed many devices, such as rams, wooden towers, scaling ladders with various features, as well as tortoises and all kinds of other things which our generation has never even seen. It has, however, tried all these devices and discovered that of all of them, the more effective way, the one the enemy cannot match, is undermining the foundations." Nikephoros Ouranos "Taktika" The Byzantine Art of War

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Good cherry picking, Bill!
    (Just check the spelling and edit)

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Indeed, those are great quotes! Some of them would have to be split to 2-3 parts, but in any case, very good!

I figured I'd just post the whole quote and you guys can cut and form them to your liking!

clone's Avatar Primicerius

i would realy like to play as romans in this mod but thier number of provinses is huge
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    i would realy like to play as romans in this mod but thier number of provinses is huge
    You can let half of your empire rebel in order to decrease it

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    You can let half of your empire rebel in order to decrease it
    If all will go smoothly having one of the two major and huge factions in game it wont be the easy task like in other mods.
    It will be a nightmare. Defending the borders (inner or outer ones) will effect the leader's authority. Less authority more rebelions (minor or major).
    Remember that Bulgarians are recently Christianised and among other reasons, relegion will give throne rivals causes to rebel.
    Romans....Romans had the civil wars in their blood! That is why both major factions have a shadow rebel one like in RTW/BI.

When rebellions happen, how will cities be split? (Will they go with the rebelling figures, or will they have to be captured by a spawning rebel army?)

any hopes for an open beta by the end of the year?

Can we expect a Christmas release?

One can dream.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    If all will go smoothly having one of the two major and huge factions in game it wont be the easy task like in other mods.
    It will be a nightmare. Defending the borders (inner or outer ones) will effect the leader's authority. Less authority more rebelions (minor or major).
    Remember that Bulgarians are recently Christianised and among other reasons, relegion will give throne rivals causes to rebel.
    Romans....Romans had the civil wars in their blood! That is why both major factions have a shadow rebel one like in RTW/BI.
    thanks fo the answer but the problem persist one reason i dont like playing with a big faction is because i hate so early having to deal in many battles
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What do I need to do to be among the beta testers? If you want me to beg, I'll beg

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    What do I need to do to be among the beta testers? If you want me to beg, I'll beg
    i wana beta test to!