Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Tartaros, can you repost the images of post #7657 in a larger size?
    I want to read the text and see the graphics details.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

thank you, i just finished the second quest called "Conquering the Island" following after finishing the first one.
    task is to reconquer Sicily, Crete and Cyprus with an optional show on the map and a big bonus if accomplished.

edit
    i put the photo´s into the box
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 10, 2017 at 11:40 AM.

Would you like any help with the syntax, grammar and spelling of the text (It actually needs it)?
    I know it's not significant game-play wise, but I am also under the impression that you guys are aiming at full spectrum excellence.

sure, it´s more or less my markpoints to set the intention for the eventmessages.
    i could send you the textfiles if you want

If I can help with that I will.
    I suspect it won't take long, depending on the number of passages you want proofing.
    I may need you to expand your descriptions of "what you really want to say" in some parts because they are not easy to interpret directly.
    I'll be waiting for the texts.

I thought he would be ready for the new year.

Just finished and doublechecked a total unique new script for TGC. This little script is for the human player only.

So question to you folks:
    What did historical rulers, to make there vassels and generals more loyal?

Yes

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    Just finished and doublechecked a total unique new script for TGC. This little script is for the human player only.

So question to you folks:
    What did historical rulers, to make there vassels and generals more loyal?
    In some mods (started with the Long Road) each city had a insignia that defined its ruler that player could move from one character to another (asign a new city administrator).
    That was realistic. In reality LOYALTY often increased when someone recieved such a title as a personal honor.
    We need a insignia (a tied scroll with titles like Dux of Thessalonike etc) that when asigned to a game character will increase loyalty by one.
    Also another kind of insignias could be military titles that could be unique (Mashal of the Army, Marshal of the Navy etc) that could also be transformable from character to another.
    That coul increase loyalty by one also. Loyalty could be increased by titles like "constructor" (when a province has many buildings build up) under the idea that the ruler of that region recieves from his King/Emperor the necessary funds to make his construction policy. Marriage is another way to ensure loyalty. Question can we have female characters (princesses)without the need to move them on the strat_map but be able to deside their fate?

The last month i tried to enchance my PC with more ram but varius problems occured plus my work continues. My mum goes for eye surgery in 19th of this month. After that day -if all go well- i will add my Great Moravia WIP models in _Tartaros_' latest data, my strat_map models for Romans and Islamic forts and watch towers.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Titels and offices are one part (which is not done atm).
    but a faster and hidden way to secure loyalty was offering money, land, fiefs or rights/monopols.

so if a general has low loyalty and you as a human player like to use this character because there´s no one else in sight and you can invest 5.000 into the general.

The ingame mechanism behind this is:
    click on the generals bodyguard (show bodyguard button)
    decide if you like to grant a fief (yes/no event pops up)
    he will then get a transitiontrait
    you need to deselect the general and select again
    he now have a new trait: Gift/fief/estate I/V with +1 Loyalty (you can do this 5 times = 25.000)

a bit like "secure promotion" in Rome2
    (i will update with pictures later)
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 15, 2017 at 12:55 PM.

you can create 2 options: historical rulers and without it (sorry for my english)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    Titels and offices are one part (which is not done atm).
    but a faster and hidden way to secure loyalty was offering money, land, fiefs or rights/monopols.

so if a general has low loyalty and you as a human player like to use this character because there´s no one else in sight and you can invest 5.000 into the general.

The ingame mechanism behind this is:
    click on the generals bodyguard (show bodyguard button)
    decide if you like to grant a fief (yes/no event pops up)
    he will then get a transitiontrait
    you need to deselect the general and select again
    he now have a new trait: Gift/fief/estate I/V with +1 Loyalty (you can do this 5 times = 25.000)

a bit like "secure promotion" in Rome2
    (i will update with pictures later)
    Let's start from the easy part. A city administration title or a great military rank (removable anciliary) = increase loyalty (temporary untill a sudden drop of Ruler's negative marks or drop of authority.
    Then..marriage (even if we wont have princesses[like in Rome II]) and finally a kind of "bribe" again like in Rome II. If you will manage that next year you will be the modder of the year for sure!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Let's start from the easy part. A city administration title or a great military rank (removable anciliary) = increase loyalty (temporary untill a sudden drop of Ruler's negative marks or drop of authority.
    Then..marriage (even if we wont have princesses[like in Rome II]) and finally a kind of "bribe" again like in Rome II. If you will manage that next year you will be the modder of the year for sure!
    this seems possible, i need to link traits + ancillaries + this new fief-mechanic.
    next step in order must be the ancillaries

Quote Originally Posted by Begeta View Post
    you can create 2 options: historical rulers and without it (sorry for my english)
    a kind of.
    most of this events and options will be optional for the player, but a main guidance of history will always be present in TGC.
    an other wip are the tulunids/abasids/fatimids struggles
    in this eventline you can see, that there will be some more historical gameplay possible or a free-for-all with little historical backgroundinformations
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 17, 2017 at 01:01 AM.

The Byzantines certainly used titles to induce loyalty. Also land grants, government positions, gifts, etc. I have also noticed that leaders who win a lot tend to have less loyalty problems than those who lose battles, cities, territories, and such. Winning is a great loyalty builder.

What's new?

nothing special so far.
    i´m actually collecting data for new questscripts regarding the franks, serbs, croats and kievans.
    + finetuning the CAI and map
    + Basil I has a historical icon

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Basil_I.jpg  
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 23, 2017 at 11:15 AM.

Fabarius's Avatar Foederatus

Will generals and captains have costum models aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabarius View Post
    Will generals and captains have costum models aswell?
    Yes each captain, general and King model, has numerus bodies, shileds, helmets, cloths etc...

Fabarius's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Yes each captain, general and King model, has numerus bodies, shileds, helmets, cloths etc...
    Sorry, I meant the unit on the campaign map. For example, the General in the screenshot that Tartaros posted still uses the vanilla model and colors. Are there any plans for changing that?

yes, of cause.
    it´s on hour list, but not top priority atm.

edit:

finished two big scripts for the Frankish Empire.

First one is called "Frankish Grenzmark"
    this script push the player to conquer some nearby rebel regions and earn a small benefit.

together with the second script called "Iron crown of Lombardy", where the player has to conquer italy way down to Rome/Ancona.

Both scripts act as prepation for the transition of the Frankish Empire into the Holy Roman Empire.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 26, 2017 at 05:35 PM.